Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Christ no! This is one of the reasons that I don't use ACE! The loss of sight on high G turns was so bad that I uninstalled it.

Christ no! This is one of the reasons that I don't use ACE! The loss of sight on high G turns was so bad that I uninstalled it.

Well, it is a matter of balancing. Realism is cool unless it starts to cut down fun.

Be assured that i'm mainly focussed on playability so probably certain things might not be as accurate as some might wish. I try to place it somewhere between "ultrarealistic" and "hell of fun to fly". Although it is a balancing on razors edge. ;)

@(GLT)Mike

great work! Is it possible/planed to add the arma2 shaders (relections on cockpit glass etc)?

not easy to explain with my crappy english, but I mean the little bit "wet/oil/gloss" look of the surface and the multiple reflections of the cockpit glass. I think it calls rvmat shaders. You see the difference comparing with Harrier for example.

Edited by JumpingHubert

rvmat is the material file which defines which shader is used but also defines the normal mapping, glossiness, reflections and everything else. Also TI is defined through the rvmat file (at least the TI image).

Be assured that it (hopefully) look great ingame.

And check your PM's ;)

I am always curious to wonder if it would be possible for the pilot to use the LANTIRN pod on the f16 to self designate targets for GBU? Im just curious since surely there would be some way for the pilot to self laser while flying? This model does feature the laser pod right?

nice work so far by the way, love flying the current model

one last question Myke: will the update when its released be followed by/include IDF skin. You seem to have IDF f16 in yer sig :)

TomatoArden

I think Myke's addons are supported by Mando Missiles, that should allow you to self designate targets.

@TomatoArden

it is IDF? Didn't knew, actually this isn't my F-16 in the sig but a F-16 pic i found through google. ;)

Skins i can confirm so far: default grey, desert, agressor (russian look-alike) and thunderbirds.

What i release will be US on west and (agressor scheme) on east side.

Besides that, the F-16 is already prepared to allow a lot of customization just by config which goes beyond simple hull retexturing.

Myke very good update on the F-16

I also make a newer texture for f-16 ,little more remapping so that we can easy use for airshow skins , like the USAF thunderbirds.

thunderbirds.jpg

have fun

eddyD

Awesome work there and an aggressor will be nice too so we can recreate our very own reg flag exercises. I thought the pic in your sig was the side view of your model and that you had put the IDF skin on it, didn't realise its from a real photo (thats how good your add-on is I suppose).

@Daniel yeah I got round to working out how to use mando properly just now and got to use the LGB bombs. its not as easy as I mightve hoped to use (mostly because of view distance meaning I only have limited time to designate targets while flying over head but its pretty fun none the less!

Mmm.... airshow skin :) eddyD there will be such event in the upcoming week (or weeks?) - Powershow. When do you plan to have it "public"?

Mmm.... airshow skin :) eddyD there will be such event in the upcoming week (or weeks?) - Powershow. When do you plan to have it "public"?

Not soon enough i'm affraid. The actual pics (and textures) probably wont fit on the old F-16. Although applying it with setobjecttexture wouldn't be a problem

Hi myke i get this spammed in my rpt

====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -window -noPause -noFilePatching -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@GLTF16;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@GLTBox;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Expansion;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CBA" -showscripterrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/09/14 18:26:43

Current time: 2010/09/16 19:26:32

Version 1.54.73311

Checking DLC for update.

DLC check complete.

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Item str_disp_left listed twice

Item STR_GLT_F16_LIBTEXT listed twice

Item STR_GRP_USAF listed twice

Item STR_CFG_MULTIROLE listed twice

Item STR_CFG_CAP listed twice

Item STR_CFG_LGB listed twice

Item STR_CFG_MK82 listed twice

Item STR_CFG_AGM listed twice

Item STR_ACTION_AFTERBURNER_ON listed twice

Item STR_ACTION_AFTERBURNER_OFF listed twice

Item STR_COL_BLACK_MR listed twice

Item STR_COL_BLACK_CAP listed twice

Item STR_COL_BLACK_GBU listed twice

Item STR_COL_BLACK_MK listed twice

Item STR_COL_BLACK_AGM listed twice

Item STR_COL_EURO_MR listed twice

Item STR_COL_EURO_CAP listed twice

Item STR_COL_EURO_GBU listed twice

Item STR_COL_EURO_MK listed twice

Item STR_COL_EURO_AGM listed twice

Item STR_COL_GREY_MR listed twice

Item STR_COL_GREY_CAP listed twice

Item STR_COL_GREY_GBU listed twice

Item STR_COL_GREY_MK listed twice

Item STR_COL_GREY_AGM listed twice

Item STR_CFG_FACTION_BLACK listed twice

Item STR_CFG_FACTION_GREY listed twice

Item STR_CFG_FACTION_NATO listed twice

Item STR_DN_VEHICLECLASS listed twice

Is it nothing to worry about or have i installed it wrong some thing.

cheers

AWSOME!! USAF thunderbirds! I saw them back in the 90's in Aalborg, Denmark.

hmm maybe this what i got in my @GLTf16 addons folder

glt_f16.pbo

glt_f16_oa_config.pbo

glt_f16.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

glt_f16_oa_config.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

and this what got in @misslebox addons folder

glt_misslebox.pbo

glt_misslebox_config.pbo

glt_misslebox.GLTADDONS.bisign

glt_misslebox_config.pbo.GLTADDONS.bisign

Edited by muttly

@muttly

This is correct. The rpt entries just say that the stringtable is present twice. Please check other loaded modfolders aswell if somewhere another GLT F-16 is loaded, maybe the previous older version.

After all, although it is annoying, it wont cause problems.

Yeah its weird i cant find it.

Like the old version stayed on my pc or something owell as long it dont give me problems.

Nice job by the way loving them:)

Hey, Myke. Sorry I haven't been around. Got tied up with work, etc. Anyway, I just downloaded the Su-34 to try out the bombs I made, but I can't enter the aircraft. I stand next to it, use scroll wheel, but no option to enter. Do I need to be standing somewhere different than the regular Su-34?

btw, I've started using Maya instead of Max, and I'm enjoying it a million times more. I just had too many issues with Max. Anyway, I'd be happy to remodel some of the other armaments for the missile box if you're interested. Also, you did a great job getting the normals tuned on my AGM-88

Edited by IrishDeviant

@IrishDeviant

glad to see you back mate. Yes, the Su-34 has somewhat strange behaviour for getting in: you have to be near the model center and looking to the stairway, then you should get the action. Tried everything to fix it but as you see with no result.

I will surely rework it and then finally try to fix this issue but this wont happen too soon.

It has been 3 weeks since you said it will take several weeks for it to be ready for release so I'm guessing it's coming....right? I need to fly this thing :(

I mean, the RKSL Eurofighter is absolutely fantastic, really beautiful (plus the typhoon is my fav aircraft) but this...this looks wayyy deeper than that when it comes to features/functions etc

It has been 3 weeks since you said it will take several weeks for it to be ready for release so I'm guessing it's coming....right? I need to fly this thing :(

I mean, the RKSL Eurofighter is absolutely fantastic, really beautiful (plus the typhoon is my fav aircraft) but this...this looks wayyy deeper than that when it comes to features/functions etc

It is not that easy to get everything work right (or at least make it looking as it would work right). Scripting and config takes a lot of work and also a lot of research.

I will talk to my wife that she gives me the time i need to finish the F-16 altough i'm affraid she wont be happy at all. Which silly idiot invented such a useless thing like "real life".