Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

rhodesy does ' date=' ask him[/quote']

Hm, I tried a member-search for rhodesy but couldn't find him, could you ask him for me maybe? :) if you know him that is.

Adding DCU units sound good, But don't replace the original units.

if I do add it, it will only be some pants here, and a jacket there, not full camo, the problem with adding new units with DCU is that the difference wouldn't be that big, and the filesize would almost double due to all the new textures and models it requires.

Anyway, if I do update this in the future (events have changed to the better, it seems) I'm thinking of maybe adding some DCU-camo to the operators that aren't undercover, what do you guys think about that idea? maybe DCU pants for some, DCU-jackets for some, etc.

Yes.

DCU pants filled CENTCOM's minimum requirement for overt action personnel to be in uniform. DCU pants and local clothing were the standard uniform for a lot of USASOC and subordinate units. I don't know about the other services.

if I do add it, it will only be some pants here, and a jacket there, not full camo, the problem with adding new units with DCU is that the difference wouldn't be that big, and the filesize would almost double due to all the new textures and models it requires.

I don't really care about a big download for so many units included in this pack! :)

Some DCU guys would be epic with green vests and what not. :)

Take reference from the new Medal Of Honor game! Make them look like that! :D

if its just the pants then you can use the hidden selection, for multicam

How does the size and shape of the DCU look here? Is it okay? ofcourse I'll add details and change colours a bit later etc. but I need to know the size is good first.

dcut.jpg

also, I probably won't add DCU to ALL the units, just a few of them, for more variation.

Edited by McNools

How about randomising it?

class EventHandlers: EventHandlers

{

init = "(_this select 0) setObjectTexture [0,[""texturename1.paa"",""texturename2.paa"",""texturename3.paa""] select floor random 3]";

};

If you should have more types of camo, it might be cool to randomize it. Like BIS does with the Guerilla, militia and civilian models.

It's a good idea for the future, we'll see. :)

Edit: What do you guys think about this? :

arma2OA2010-08-0314-41-00-48.jpg

Edited by McNools

How about randomising it?

If you should have more types of camo, it might be cool to randomize it. Like BIS does with the Guerilla, militia and civilian models.

I like that idea, looks really good so far McNools!

Looking good mcnools! Love it!

Could we possibly see a full DCU version with a OD green or woodland vest?? Pleeease. :D

Probably no, sorry. :( I like to keep the camo to a minimum. There are some good special forces with DCU for Arma 2 out there already. :)

Arg. But yours are cooler than the ones for ArmA 2! D:

Ah...Time to bug fox..

as usual :(

looking good though, but these are tier 1s, give em some dirt :D

I'ved added some dirt since that screenshot, I don't want to overdo it though.

Personal things just took a turn for the worse though, might be off for some time.

Hope everything is alright McNools! :(

I like to keep the camo to a minimum. There are some good special forces with DCU for Arma 2 out there already. :)

^^I agree with this decision ;)

ps. Hope everything is ok McNools

Lovin the DCU, and I agree with the keeping it to a minimum too :)

If things get too hot over there in Sweden you can always come stay in my spare room, the only rent I'll charge is a monthly addon release haha.

In all serious though I hope things get better for ya :)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. :)

There you go, the new update is uploaded on the first page, if anyone could take some good screenshots of the new DCU-units I can put them up on the frontpage aswell, would be nice.

good work mcnools, i like them with ace backpack and custom weapons they look cool :)

Thanks guys. :)