Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

Thanks Old Bear. :)

And here's something:

beard.jpg

Get these puppies into the land of the unwashed with some more civvy clothes and I will grab a download, right now they are cool but just need that filthy feel to them. Never though Id request some filth in Arma :)

I know your working on it so its laboring the point a bit eh, the pic above is more like it.

You'll be happy with the next version, there will be "undercover"-versions with civilian clothes, using the "local"-models. ;)

And I'll try to make them even more dirty. :)

And yes, I've managed to implement beards. And ooh, will there be beards.

Edit: and if your'e (or more like, I'm) lucky, there might be a release tonight! unless I encounter any unexpected problems, which is to be expected.

Edited by McNools

Nice! I wonder if it's possible to make them into civilian units or something so that they're less detectable by the enemy? Say, if they're walking along a ridgeline about 500m from the enemy, and not shooting at them, they won't be seen as a threat?

Nice! I wonder if it's possible to make them into civilian units or something so that they're less detectable by the enemy? Say, if they're walking along a ridgeline about 500m from the enemy, and not shooting at them, they won't be seen as a threat?

I'm not sure actually, that is beyond my knowledge, haha, but you could probaby script it in the editor somehow, setting then as captives with "setcaptive = true" (or whatever that command is), and then set them to false if they get too close to the enemy, but then you'd have to figure out some way to get them to become "captives" after those enemies have been killed, or something. Haha. :)

New version out. :)

Filthy just pure filthy!

Downloading these grubby little soap dodgers as I type, great turn around on V2! :)

Filthy just pure filthy!

Downloading these grubby little soap dodgers as I type, great turn around on V2! :)

Haha, yeah, they went for a little trecking in soapdodge-valley, haha

Had a play around and very nice on the map :)

One question though, could their be a groups added for the group section of the editor? Saya group with team leader of 4/6 with scars and also the group of other weapon units?

Also I could not tell who was my medic from BIS icons or from any markings .. is it possible to make it so BIS team icons show medic with medic icon? (im not sure how that's done BTW at all).

nice, ask a mod to change the title to the new one,, or not..

Had a play around and very nice on the map :)

One question though, could their be a groups added for the group section of the editor? Saya group with team leader of 4/6 with scars and also the group of other weapon units?

Also I could not tell who was my medic from BIS icons or from any markings .. is it possible to make it so BIS team icons show medic with medic icon? (im not sure how that's done BTW at all).

Yes, groups could be added, but it's easy to make groups yourself and just copy them aswell, so I haven't done any groups yet. :)

And I forgot about the medic-icon (or icons at all), it shouldn't be too hard to fix, I'll write that down for the next version. :)

nice' date=' ask a mod to change the title to the new one,, or not..[/quote']

What .. "Soap Dodgers V2.0" ?? :)

Yeh groups isn't a killer but thought it would be nice to have them split into 2 separate groups with leaders scars/other weapons as final polish, although I see its open to many combination. To have the icons is great when you can, I notice that Dyslexi's HUD seems to show icons for medic, but still great to have BIS ones set for quick ref.

I had a 4 man team on a hill scoping a patrol so I set 2 separate from me to move down a hill staying crouched and then followed them. The view of following as they creep down with head bob and on the OA map is very nice indeed.

Edited by mrcash2009

What .. "Soap Dodgers V2.0" ?? :)

Yeh groups isn't a killer but thought it would be nice to have them split into 2 separate groups with leaders scars/other weapons as final polish, although I see its open to many combination.

I had a 4 man team on a hill scoping a patrol so I set 2 separate from me to move down a hill staying crouched and then followed them. The view of following as they creep down with head bob and on the OA map is very nice indeed.

I'll probably throw some groups in there in the next version then, maybe one regular group, one undercover-group and a sniper-team or something, I'll see. :)

And thanks for the mirror foxhound. :)

What are the names of the faces so we can use them in our missions if you don't mind telling? I have one mission I'm about 90% complete with and I'd like to use these.

What are the names of the faces so we can use them in our missions if you don't mind telling? I have one mission I'm about 90% complete with and I'd like to use these.

Good question, I'm not quite sure, it could be "tierface01" (up to "tierface24")

Good question, I'm not quite sure, it could be "tierface01" (up to "tierface24")

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for the addon. :D

omg! you just gave the game so much more options! and in record time!

cant wait to get these guys in the SUV and raise some unexpected hell ;)

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for the addon. :D

I tried it myself and it didn't seem to work, so I'm not sure what the names would be, or if I have to define them somehow, I'll put a note about it on the first page and see if anyone knows.

Maybe the tier one beards are simply to awesome for other units, haha

Anyway, I might look into it tomorrow, I hope someone can help.

Also, I forgot to sign the addon, it will be signed for the next version.

Edited by McNools

Using it with the description.ext it worked, or at least I think it did as my character had a nice black beard haha. I'll be trying it on other units like default Deltas.