Sign in to follow this  
lennard

ANA - Afghan National Army

Someone should tell that to the ANA.

'nuff said.

There are still kandaks out there using AK47's. My kandak was one and I just left in February. Some of the newer kandaks are still using AK47's until they reach a competence level to allow transition to the M16. We had their M16's in storage in a connex until they transition, and they were M16A1's.

Also agree with the ANP, never saw them with anything but AK's.

Don't be afraid to have different kit sets out there. Many ANA don't wear their body armor or helmet, and will often times wear non-standard gear.

The mod looks great, keep up the good work!

another item you will see a lot is instead of pasgt helmets, a lot of ana soldiers wear green ana berets, especially the higher ranking types. they used to wear almost nothing but berets, but body armor and pasgt helmets are becoming more common. in terms of vests, it seems like a huge variety are in use from old US pasgt vests and woodland interceptor vests to surplus czech army vests in both the czech pattern and british dpm (that was a weird looking vest, but I saw quite a few ana guys wearing it in a todays pics thread on militaryphotos.net).

Yes, the green berets were everywhere in my kandak, not just with those of rank. Even the privates wore them. They liked the black skullcaps in cold weather as well.

Here's a good example of some non-standard headgear...

Img_32871024x768.jpg

would be nice to see a tan ranger vehicle with 15+ seats ;)

lennard, can you make a soldier with an obama hat?!?!? that would be great

I have not read through the hole thread, but will you make the digital camo too ?

I heard that the ANA changes the old uniforms for the new digital camo currently.

4337536721_d2a5b7b81e.jpg

4337539179_fae8e55c92.jpg

4338257246_2202fd69c9.jpg

I have not read through the hole thread, but will you make the digital camo too ?

I heard that the ANA changes the old uniforms for the new digital camo currently.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4337536721_d2a5b7b81e.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4337539179_fae8e55c92.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4338257246_2202fd69c9.jpg

Yes I know that, but on most recent pics the Woodland bdu seems to be the most issued uniform.

That said I will give some units this camo.

Here's a little test on a commando(the commandos will only come in woodland however)

I made this camo and I know it's not even 50% the same, but if you ask me it looks enough like it.

anawip2.jpg

And here's another unit with beret.

anawip3.jpg

That said I will give some units this camo.

Here's a little test on a commando(the commandos will only come in woodland however)

anawip2.jpg

Great that you will give some soldiers that camo (just looks cool).

Maybe you can make it a bit more rich in contrast / darker and it will fit pretty well.

Maybe make the green a tiny bit lighter? but that looks like a pretty reasonable approximation of the ANA hyperstealth stuff! :)

Noice! :D

I don't know if you panned on doing this or if the ANA does this in real life but could you add a translator type soldier who would be a part of a US fire team or something wearing older US body armor and possibly an ACU helmet?

I don't know if you panned on doing this or if the ANA does this in real life but could you add a translator type soldier who would be a part of a US fire team or something wearing older US body armor and possibly an ACU helmet?

that would be nice, have an ICOM dangeling from his armour :)

be sure to not make him the generation kill kind of translator, most translators are really motivated and have better aducations than the normal soldier.

How about add some National Police Units?

How about looking two pages back before suggesting. ;)

Edited by Lennard

Nami twanam sebar kanid!

Man aashoq afghanistan!

I cant wait!

Love afghanistan!

Just one question, will there be any custom made audio for this mod? (Will the Afg soldiers speak Pushto, or will they still speak Farsi?)

You should make one with a pack of hashish, considering most of them fight stoned (no offence) :)

You'll have to have the odd one who murders BRITFOR troops after being trained by them :(

But seriously, nice work on the units :)

You'll have to have the odd one who murders BRITFOR troops after being trained by them :(

was that really necessary to mention that?

You'll have to have the odd one who murders BRITFOR troops after being trained by them
was that really necessary to mention that?

Well he might be in luck we don't have any afghan users on the board that alert the mods for political flaming.

*I guess you didn't had a granddad who was fisherman and was "used" as practice target by RAF on the return back to UK during WW2? Well i did...So please remember that before you want make a comment in the future.

Offtopic end/

are you going to do translators ? if not , i'll make some w/ ibas for my army men to go along with your men :D

are you going to do translators ? if not ' date=' i'll make some w/ ibas for my army men to go along with your men :D[/quote']

Don't have plans yet, so go ahead. Would like to see what you come up with.

As for the progress, it's going very slow because I'm very busy with real life.

Every now and then I work a little on this..so it will be released when it's done:rolleyes:

Lennard.

Are you going to do this guy? Because he is...well...awesome.

2zqbr79.jpg