Sign in to follow this  
lennard

ANA - Afghan National Army

guys please stop making suggestions on what I should do.

Got my plan set up long time ago, and will continue to do that as it's enough work already.

you'll probably be more than happy with it I hope;)

Rest assured that I and I'd say most people reading this are looking forward to it whatever it contains, and I know this mod is going to rock when its released!! :D

RE that youtube vid. Its definitely an indication of the difficulty of trying to recruit the entirety of a fairly large army from a mass of urban and rural poor with little or no education/literacy. Obviously trying to approach this from the view of simply bringing a conventional army up to speed with US tactics and strategy is a mixed success at best and a significant failure to date at worst. I think that if the US/NATO are serious about actually getting the army up to speed they need to start running schools for the army to actually educate the soldiers somewhat, and to start attracting the type of people who want an education. Can't build a skyscraper with no foundations, and in this case that is just what the training taskforces are trying to do.