Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Standalone addons release thread

Thanks for this CWR2 update! :)

IIRC from OFP

* in "Bomberman" group Charlie was not in contact with enemies until the player called them in.

Correct and it should be the same here. To ensure this I moved the group a bit further away from the village in the updated mission.

* in "Sniper Team" the player had to kill all three officers (now its just one of them) and just get back to missionstart (camp) in the forrest.

Suggestion - all 3 officers should be killed and the player has to go to the LZ on his own. The two AI's could move to/stay at the camp or disappear into another direction (eg via radio command). They are too bad to motocross.

The original was made a bit 'cheap' with going back to the forest and radio for mission end. :p

I found the current extraction coordinates in the stringtable and decided to make this the actual one. In the updated mission it's enough if the player reaches the EP.

You still need to kill all 3 officers of course, but it is marked as done when you kill the first as you may not be able to get them all - unlikely though.

The mission has different endings now, depending on how many officers you got.

* mission "Incursion" is a bit easy - maybe just place some "tired/sleepy" guards at the gate and let some more patrols (2-4 soldiers) walk around. Perhaps add a optional task to destroy the Shilka/Radar?

Of course some short intros/outros would be great too... :p;)

I added 2 more patrols, alarm goes off when the tank near the mansion is destroyed. Also added a secondary objective in which you must destroy the radar.

Yes intros/outros would be nice but at the moment they take too much time for me to create (or fix) them. Time I can spend on preparing other... stuff. ;)

If there are any more problems, bring them up!

Congrats on the release. Updated on Six Updater Network.

1.1 MB delta.

sent 1.10M bytes received 40.90K bytes 325.66K bytes/sec

total size is 556.75M speedup is 488.45

Edited by Sickboy

OK, after playing first two mission I have a question and suggestion.

Are SP missions in addon form? If so, I would prefer them separate becouse I like them in separate folder in "Missions" so its not cluttered with A2 and OA missions.

In Ground Attack II there is no waypoint for destroy convoy task. Would be nice to have one for new players that prefer not to read briefings maybe :)

Edited by 11aTony

The SP Missions are indeed in an addon, this way we don't have to redefine every (future) translation for each mission, like markers, call signs etc. but can use a basic stringtable file plus one with mission specific texts.

In Ground Attack II there is no waypoint for destroy convoy task. Would be nice to have one for new players that prefer not to read briefings maybe

I do not support such lazyness! Making the briefings is a lot of work, especially in multilanguage missions as we will have one day.

If one is too lazy to spend a minute to read the really short briefings he deserves to be clueless. :P

Lol, your right. Can you make it though so missions are in "Missions\CWR2" or something? Dont bother if its too much work.

I support having a CWR² mission folder. In fact, I've already made one myself.

In Kolgujev's intro Mi-24 crashes.

In Counterstrike when attacking the second base one of the dudes is placed on the roof so he walks in circles there (replayed this mission 2 times, it's the guy right next to a lorry)

Dudes in the first base are waaay too calm for someone who was bombed a few minutes ago. Put them in a danger mode or something. And add more dudes there perhaps?

Edited by metalcraze

Yeah I noticed that. Scared the shit out of me.

I'm getting this error when I load the island:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\plants\data\jablon_3_non.paa.

I checked our plants and so far haven't found any model or rvmat with that path.

Don't have that error either. Can you check your rpt file please and see if there's more info about the model causing this warning?

Hi guys, can someone please confirm for me the correct order of the missions

as they should be played?

In my folder they are as;

Bomberman (Winter)

An Eye For An Eye

Harsh Winter

Kill them All (Winter)

Lone Wolf (Winter)

Reading the briefs this just doesn't seem like the correct order.

Bomberman btw the is Rock Hard! I die instantly! I've tried running, covering etc i just die before i even know whats hit me lol

Can anyone confirm so i don't play through the wrong way please?

There is no order, they are single missions.

There is no order, they are single missions.

Ahh Cheers!

Is there any chance you guys can release a standalone CWR2 weapons pack? that would be great.

That wouldn't make much sense actually as the majority (if not all) of our weapons are already released by vilas, CSLA, or RH.

The current version of Kozlice (with CWR² config tweaks) is good enough for a standalone release. :)

The current version of Kozlice (with CWR² config tweaks) is good enough for a standalone release. :)

Exactly, and the XMS and G3!

Don't split the CWR2 mod into x addons before "its done" & because of some impatient kiddos... Tantalize them with more pictures, teaser and awesome ingame scenes! :D

Don't worry, we won't. :)

The only planned standalone releases are the terrains. And no guarantee for all of them either. :p

Exactly, and the XMS and G3!

As of now, I think the only releases for the XMS will be as part of the CWR2 mod releases, not as part of a weapons pack.

Hi,

I have a problem with the CWR2 install when connecting to my dedi server. Somehow the bisign key is not correct for cwr2_kolgujev_missions.pbo as the server kicks me every time I join with this pbo installed.

I have the latest version from Six Updater and to be sure I re-downloaded from Armaholic. The server has the latest cwr2.bikey (and again, to be sure I re-downloaded this from the link in the Armaholic section).

The problem goes away if I remove cwr2_kolgujev_missions.pbo from the client.

Is it me? (as a girlfriend once asked me)...

Thanks for the quality island. I sense a lot of Finnish soldiers are going to die here at the hand of Russians.

It creates two bugs though: independent side wont be selectable from group list (F2) and it adds the "infantry faction" to the BLUFOR groups.

Edited by ziiip

Sorry guys for the late reply but I'm busy, very busy. :D

Jedra

I see if I can sign the missions.pbo again asap, or better release them as single pbo files

ziiip

I'm sure we released a groups hotfix a while back, that should fix that issue.