Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Please put the files into this folder system:

@Lingor/Addons/Files goes here

The "Addons" named folder is essential for it to work. The folder needs to be named Addons within the @mod folder. The first folder is for you to know what mod it is, and inside you have the "Addons" named folder so the game knows the files are in fact addons. Hope that makes sense. Sorry if you already have done that though. Just writing in haste. ;)

And cheers Ice for an im sure superb island!

Im downloading the lingor zip file again, mabe that will help. Im sure I have a map called addons inside @lingor. :)

When I choose lingor from the editor, all show up, no freezes etc.

EDIT: Still not working, game doesnt respond, so I have to close it with task manager. Really dunno wat is wrong or im doin wrong

Edited by W.[ ].R.R.e.L.

Installed everything inluding needed addons into one folder and all working no errors.

VERY nice island, cant wait to try some missions on this now.

Personally I prefer playing this map with 50 percent weather and using the color module, it makes such a difference, I added some long distant captures in the photo thread here:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3594/lingor2.jpg

I have also now decided (as much as I love the sounds already) to create a ambient sound mod dedicated to this terrain, walking and surfaces plus more jungle ambience and water effects. Wont be right away but Im not completely happy with soundmods and this map at the moment, and I just need to do it now :)

About the weather can you explain what you mean by 50%, I'm presuming you mean 50-50 on the weather slider?

The colour module though I have no idea but I'd love to try it out.

I'd also like to know if your sound mod will be a public release, if not I'd love permission to have a copy of it.

Thanks mate

About the weather can you explain what you mean by 50%, I'm presuming you mean 50-50 on the weather slider?

The colour module though I have no idea but I'd love to try it out.

I'd also like to know if your sound mod will be a public release, if not I'd love permission to have a copy of it.

Thanks mate

Yes between rain and sun half way slider :) The module is in the editor under modules (F7) and just place on the map "Environment - colors" module without syncing or grouping it to anything, that's it, add some units and press play, looks lovely ... I just like to have that module on most of the time, I just realy like the look and feel it gives, especially in bad weather.

As regards sound mod idea, its an idea, I have plenty or sound source and just need to look over configs and do some trial and error, although it wont see the light of day for a while yet. This map tipped me over the edge to try something.

With people having problems I downloaded all required addons and then placed them into the following:

(DRIVE LETTER)\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@lingor\addons
Whats contained in that "addons" folder:
brg_africa.pbo

chn_crocodile.pbo

chn_predator.pbo

chn_predator_c.pbo

ibr_plants.pbo

Insurgency0_72.lingor.pbo

lingor.pbo

lingor_objects.pbo

lingor_roads.pbo

lingor_sounds.pbo

mbg_buildings_2.pbo

(Inc all .bisign files for each pbo)

NOTE "Insurgency0_72.lingor.pbo" is from the link in this thread a page or so back:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1794917&postcount=834

-mod=@lingor
In the mod line.

All works fine, combined ops 1.55 ... if you have problems what patch version is it combined? and specify exactly what your doing. Also try removing all 3rd party maps and just install this one and try, if that works you can then assume a 3rd party map is conflicting.

Edited by mrcash2009

Hi,

This is a Very good work Ice! Many thanks!

But this is my first report after few minutes exploration:

I launched the map in the editor 3 times:

first time: i took one man, an empty quad and empty UH1. I drove the Quad, after 1-2 min i stop to walk in jungle and next go back to the quad. But at the moment i get in: black screen, sound of the jungle is heard, but the game just froze => ctrl+alt+del : Arma OA doesn't respond

Second time: 1 man and the UH1 chopper, after many minutes flying, exploring a base at feet and new take-off, i want to check my map to see where i'm, and when i press the buttom to go back to the chopper view: new freeze at the "download screen". => ctrl+alt+....

third time: one man only, walk just few minutes and i left the game normally.

I use Lingor in a mod folder, but i have launched the game with a mod launcher: my Isla Duala modfolder (only files needed for this) and Hexagon (french units) modfolder (same: nothing else more).

I will try with Lingor folder mod only, but it would be pity to not be able to play with others units.

Congratulations anyway!

Hi,

This is a Very good work Ice! Many thanks!

But this is my first report after few minutes exploration:

I launched the map in the editor 3 times:

first time: i took one man, an empty quad and empty UH1. I drove the Quad, after 1-2 min i stop to walk in jungle and next go back to the quad. But at the moment i get in: black screen, sound of the jungle is heard, but the game just froze => ctrl+alt+del : Arma OA doesn't respond

Second time: 1 man and the UH1 chopper, after many minutes flying, exploring a base at feet and new take-off, i want to check my map to see where i'm, and when i press the buttom to go back to the chopper view: new freeze at the "download screen". => ctrl+alt+....

third time: one man only, walk just few minutes and i left the game normally.

I use Lingor in a mod folder, but i have launched the game with a mod launcher: my Isla Duala modfolder (only files needed for this) and Hexagon (french units) modfolder (same: nothing else more).

I will try with Lingor folder mod only, but it would be pity to not be able to play with others units.

Congratulations anyway!

This happens with me too. When I go to the Map screen it often crashes when I try to get back to the game.

With people having problems I downloaded all required addons and then placed them into the following:

Whats contained in that "addons" folder:

(Inc all .bisign files for each pbo)

NOTE "Insurgency0_72.lingor.pbo" is from the link in this thread a page or so back:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1794917&postcount=834

In the mod line.

All works fine, combined ops 1.55 ... if you have problems what patch version is it combined? and specify exactly what your doing. Also try removing all 3rd party maps and just install this one and try, if that works you can then assume a 3rd party map is conflicting.

Its all in my addons folder, patch version is: 1.55.75445

But the game keeps crashing when I try to start lingor Island from armory.

MBG Buildings archive is broken if you downloaded from armaholic mirror #2, correct filesize is about 100mb hx3_whisp.gif

LMAO

Armaholic archive fixed, of course imutep can again download it from there.

:whistle:

This happens with me too. When I go to the Map screen it often crashes when I try to get back to the game.

Yeah, ALOT of times if I go into the map screen, my game will lock up and I'll have to ctrl alt del and end the process. Does that with team switching also. I'm not sure if its Lingor or Patch 1.55, but it's extremely annoying when trying to test a mission and having it freeze up or crash for no reason. I have a feeling it's 1.55 Patch...With its long list of things it fucked up.

It´s 1.55 for sure, many similar reports with chernarus on our german boards.

Been abusing the map screen during testing lingor with 1.54, not a single lock up.

I adjusted the proof-of-concept script for turning the radio-telescope and receiving stuff to work with any radio-telescope.

Download (3.4MB)

Feel free to improve and/or fondle around with the scripts as you wish, because it is license_public-domain_4.png.

Make sure to keep the RT_Locator within 100m of your desired RT and it'll work.

If you just want to set the Dish's angle for better looks, use this in the init-line of any object close to the RT you want to animate:

RT_OBJ = (nearestObjects [this, ["Land_MBG_Radiotelescope"], 200]) select 0;
RT_OBJ animate ["Dish_Pitch", 0.7];
RT_OBJ animate ["Dish_Yaw", 0.4];

I have a question, can I put all the PBO files from african folliage and buildings inside the IslanLingor folder or I have to add separatelly as @IslandLingor:@AfricanFolliafge etc, etc?

You can put them all in your @Lingor folder.

@Mr.Burns- Good to know it's not Lingor. But it's yet another thing that has been messed up in 1.55.

Might reinstall and go back to 1.54 or later beta.

@Mr.Burns- Good to know it's not Lingor. But it's yet another thing that has been messed up in 1.55.

Might reinstall and go back to 1.54 or later beta.

You can try loadin this instead of your current beta, it´s the latest beta (unpacked) before 1.55 and works as a "ghetto downgrade" for our impatient 1.55 users who still want to connect to our very patient 1.54 gameserver .. might fix your issues, might make the universe explode :D

I'm just looking for a fix with the Map glitch. :/

I'd really love for my game not to crash when trying to close my map.

But sorry for the offtopic. I'll try some things on my own.

Just got it all set up, about to check it out. Looks great! Hope the units are released soon! :)

Pardon the shameless plug, but our server is now online running Lingor with Insurgency 0.72 if you're looking for a place to play Lingor online.

lgsl_image.php?s=3

Hm, just did some fly arounds on it. I'm sorry to say that the performance I got was pretty atrocious, this is a first for your islands. I run great on Panthera and it's heavily dense on vegetation.

I7 920 Quad core (not OC'd)

X2 GTX 260 SLI

6GB Ram

I have a question, can I put all the PBO files from african folliage and buildings inside the IslanLingor folder or I have to add separatelly as @IslandLingor:@AfricanFolliafge etc, etc?

This is what i have in my Lingor DIR and it runs great:

S:\ArmA2\@lingor\addons

23.11.2010  22:45    <DIR>          .
23.11.2010  22:45    <DIR>          ..
14.07.2010  16:46                0 brg_africa.log
14.07.2010  16:46        39.532.932 brg_africa.pbo
14.07.2010  16:46               288 brg_africa.pbo.brg.bisign
21.11.2010  23:17         4.194.860 chn_crocodile.pbo
21.11.2010  23:17               288 chn_crocodile.pbo.CHN.bisign
15.11.2010  03:16       115.698.680 chn_predator.pbo
15.11.2010  03:16               288 chn_predator.pbo.CHN.bisign
15.11.2010  03:32         2.516.555 chn_predator_c.pbo