Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Hey Ice

Anychance of units for El Presidente, Rammon and maybe a Rebel leader.

A port of the Queens Gambit prince or Prime Minister maybe ?

Looking forward to the new update. Have a co op campaign on hold in anticipation.

:cool:

I don't think you are allowed to port QG I'm afraid.

Don't worry. I have new character models ready (tnx to Vilas, IceWindo & Marseille77) and hope to include:

- druglord Ramon

- Ramon's right hand Eric Stoller, leader of mercenaries

- El Presidente

- ARL leader Roberto

Not sure if they'll make it into v1.337 release... I'm busy as *beeeep*. Oh, and one more spoiler: expect a bit more of that Jagged Alliance feel ;)

- Ramon's right hand Eric Stoller, leader of mercenaries

hmm this is the same name of the mercenary pilot from a early nineties movie here in the states called "Firebirds" :cool:

expect a bit more of that Jagged Alliance feel

:) Great. Something for me.

Further delays:

- units are still being tweaked & sprayed with bug-repellent spray

- I've added in a new sector for druglords faction (friendly/ same side as ARL by default, but you can change that via editor anyway), many small farms and a bit more open terrain much closer to JA & OFP maps.

- mission pack is in production and will be supplied separately a bit later on after the release of v1.337

Sorry for holding the release back, but it kinda sucks when you spend 4 hours and notice that only 2/20 things were checked on todo list :/

Take your time IB, I haven't arranged my malaria shots yet...

i really appreciate your work and lingor is indubitably the best jungle map around im looking forward to the new release

:cool:

P.S. please let me know if the addition i sugested is going anywhere and if i can help in any way

Edited by short_German

Hi, I'm Nathalie Vern from SBP News and I've been assigned to provide news & latest happenings here on Lingor.

I'm currently situated in town of Dressen, Southwest part of the country. I really like the scenery here, I've never heard of this southern part before I actually got here just a week ago. There is much less vegetation, a bit more open terrain with many hills. This peninsula has couple of villages and towns.

Biggest town is Dressen that lies in center. There is a bank, hotel, school, many inns and shops, factory and a very large fire station. Station is on alert for an entire peninsula and of course to react to any airport accidents. Oh yes, right beside town is is a long dirtstrip. Cessna-like planes take off and land all day long, so there's a lot of activity. I've also seen a big Hercules transporter land here yesterday, but pilot had to use the entire length to put the big bird in the sky. Intense moment, I might say :)

Many people ask "what are there so many runways" but many parts of Lingor are so remote that getting around with small planes is by far the quickest way. Local businessman Mike is operating a company Kiwi Rocket Ltd. and owns a a small fleet of M7 Maule airplanes. He says tourists and local businessmen are two key $$$ makers. He told me that his company even makes quick cargo drops/pickups to north Pista runway or San Arulco improvised strip, both places are just a few kilometers away! He says that people are glad to pay big bucks as roads are usually full of rebel checkpoints. I've seen at least four cars riddled with bullets when driving to Dressen from Maruko capital.

I took a cab to a Southeast coast to a beeeautiful Medlina seaside resort town just hours ago. Town lies below the largest mountain and offers so many to tourists staying here. I've met a Dutch couple yesterday that are here for the past 2 months and they said they absolutely love it. Especially local cuisine. Sure, cuisine.

Couple told me that tourists are afraid and like to keep away from the countryside. There are many powerful landlords living in this part of country and there is a word that major drug production is actually underway right in this sector. Numerous villas around here are usually fortified with high walls. Police is practically non-existent as armed village guards patrol the streets instead. So seeing a pickup truck with a large machinegun is something quite normal around here. I've also seen a lot of russian-made trucks travel around here in convoys and armed men stare at us from the back cargo spaces. I should not be guessing but the word on the street is that drug cartels are the ones running things around here. FEA government put out an arrest warrant on a wealthy local man Ramon Rabante. Ramon is believed to be in close ties with ARL rebel movement, not to mention that he is getting dirty rich by his "export" business to Panthera, Isla Duala, Balkania, Sahrani and other nearby islands.

After the last months full of conflict things cooled off a bit and ARL faction gained a huge influence in this sector and all the way up to Calapedro on North and Villon on east.

ARL headquarters is still based in Calamar, but ARL is currently very active in newly built San Arulco, a cozy town that lies between Calapedro and Rosalia in Northwest Bay area. Government tried to stop the illegal constructions several times. Recent offensive by GAL last month didn't succeed as they were blocked by armed civilians. Government lost several Bell Huey helicopters and APCs in the process. ARL even managed to shoot down one government Mig-21, so GAL halted the offensive and blocked road at Checkpoint Oeste and river-pass on NW to San Fernando.

Things are heating up again and Lingor is facing a all-out war once again. Local newspaper "Maruko Nacional" reports that country president EL Presidente acquired new A-4N Skyhawk bombers, Leopard tanks, french Eurocopter assault choppers, new armored transporters and a fleet of fast patrol boats to dominate the waters around Lingor and all river systems. GAL is stronger than ever and it seems ARL could be in trouble.

War analysts predict that ARL will move into heavily populated areas and defend from there. ARL might get help from drug cartels in form of finances and new weapons. Reason for that? FEA/GAL announced a drug crackdown and will probably attack druglord villas with armed choppers and block off seaways with patrol boats. It is not even excluded that GAL will assist FEA forces by providing heavy armor.

I hope to send you couple of images from Dressen hotelroom tonight.

Reporting from Dressen Lingor - Nathalie Vern, SBP News.

Nathalie, SBP News reporting.

Yesterday local police recieved a call from a villager near Calamar. He stated that "chupacabra" beast slaughtered his goats, while his cows and pigs were spared. I've tried to visit a villager this morning, but farm is off limits - army sealed off the area and is not letting anyone near. I've even spotted Eurocopter armed gunships in the air patrolling the area.

I got this sketch drawn by a guy who spotted that mysterious creature couple of weeks ago:

417174_317217978326956_144173195631436_757279_1434769762_n.jpg

What is your opinion?

What is your opinion?

Well, I hope it's not a self portrait!

Aliens on Lingor? Or is it some kind of diversion tactic by the government to mask more nefarious mis-doings?

Will the updated island be free of unit dependencies? I so want to play on it in mp but we dont use any addons except islands.

I think, Lingor prepared for something special and new to the community, but some aspects remain a secret;) thanks for the interesting stories in the form of text, keep up the good work! :D

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

And Ice, realy be good to have Lingor lite (only island with objects) and full Lingor with Lingor-units files inside @Lingor\Addons folder, thats have sense for public servers, when admins and mission makers want use L-Units in missions too, Insurgency and Domination for example (less moves with downloading and adding all in mods line) ;)! Thanks :)

Here's a promised shot of Dressen from air. I took one shot before landing here today. It's been a nice trip up to Benio - it took just takes couple of minutes instead of an hour long drive - roadblocks and security checks take 80% of the time. Nat out.

dressen.jpg

Looking forward to updating my mission on the new Lingor.

Just need a picture of Nathalie :)

Release date will be announced later today. Trailer is in production showcasing all the units and new features of the v1.337 map.

Release date will be announced later today. Trailer is in production showcasing all the units and new features of the v1.337 map.

Good work mate, must feel good!

Looking forward to it :D.

haaaa this is good news that thank you very much!!

:yay::bounce3::yay::bounce3::yay:

That is all

Can't wait guys....need some missions to play on it : )

I do hope that PR is correct about the presence of the "chupacabra". I could never find any crocidles or snakes in the last release when running the required addons.

A bit of wildlife incorportated into the addon would be a welcome addition and add a lot of value in my opinion.

Thanks for you hard work..I actually donated the other day to help try keep you all enthusiastic (moreso for Duala however : P)

Rough Knight.

Edited by Rough Knight

Isn't it "later today" yet? ;)