Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Youll be pleased to know some of the old Tonal units will be revived pretty soon, and they will look sick on Lingor. :p

Sick?? Have you given them malaria or some other horrid tropical parasite?

@Icebreakr: thank you very much for sharing this - one of the best islands just got even better :)

@Thromp & J-Guid: please consider including Python Reticulatus (essentially aquatic), & King cobras (which nasty beasties will actively hunt you of annoyed or hungry, can move faster than you can run, can climb trees, & spit venom into your eyes).

Both widespread in SE Asia. Having been bottled up in a house on Koh Samui for >two hours watching a smallish (3m) King cobra wander around looking for food, I can assure you they are really, really scarey :eek:

Most snakes will not attack humans unless disturbed / threatened, but King cobras are something else. I watched a ¬2m green snake slither across my foot in Hue - too surprised to move, fortunately - but a KC would have killed me quicker than you can say " Arrggghhhh".

Cheers

Orcinus

For those that are interested, my seven year old and I solved the ancient riddle clues today. :)

Spoiler contains spoilers.

Start at the ancient riddle, just south of Maruko Airport. It's clearly marked on the map.

Clue 1 is "A town where animal green is the name truly within" and the number on the side of the stone is 0.

This leads to Faunaverde (animal green). In map square 046031, next to the 21m elevatoin marker is clue 2.

Clue 2 is "It's a worship place where calm waters always stays" and the number on the side of the stone is 2.

This leads to map square 054020, a church near a small lake. Just east if the church, right on the "n" of Santa Maria Church, looking south is clue 3.

Clue 3 is "North of the highest peak an old castle is now decayed. Seek it's ruins, don't be afraid and the numbner on the side of the stone is 3.

This leads to a small ruin in square 035042. Clue 4 is here. Note, this is not the ruined dutch castle with is NE of the highest peak.

Clue 4 is "Una isla pequena que sea, pero las mineros amor hay que huir" Roughly translated to English this is "A small island it is, but the miners there is love that flee" and the number on the side of the stone is 0.

This leads to an island in map square 066016 and right in the middle of the island is clue 5.

Clue 5 is (in Spanish) "En el corazon de Plantiera hay una isla verde ahl esta la piedra final". This translates to "In the Plantiera heart there is a green island there this the final stone" and the number on the side of the stone is 7.

This leads to square 080021. In the north of that square there's a small green hill and clue 6 is in there.

Clue 6 reads "Six rocks you did inspect, merge it's numbers to a map, ancient secret may be a trap" and the number on the side of the stone is 8.

So, taking the 6 numbers on the side of the stones, we get 0230787. In the middle of that map square is a green diamond shaped cluster. The alien eggs are inside that.

A quick fly around Ligour 1.337

REVtDc8tIok

Edited by Wastelander
Video link

Youll be pleased to know some of the old Tonal units will be revived pretty soon, and they will look sick on Lingor. :p

That would be awesome to have those units again, especially with the "African" voices yelling at you while firing RPG's. I can't wait to see what the new 1.337 Lingor units will add, I really like the Lingor Police/Government FBI style units, they mke for some great drug operations in the Jungle. I know it might be "politically incorrect", but having keys or stacks of keys of wrapped cocaine to place at objective points would be awesome! Soaking coca leaves in some kind of wooden tanks under "shanty shelters" would also be great to have for deep jungle objectives.

awesome island. really good. and so much detail and immersion. thanks

Awwww, Icebreakr...you just killed a mission I've been working on for a while. You blocked the river route and the new color for the rivers completely changes the feel of the place. I have to admit that I'm not at all a fan of the new water color although the rest of the place is beautiful. Still, you've done such a wonderful job on pretty much every other aspect of the island that I cannot be *too* upset. ;)

^^ tough. Sorry :(

For the rest of us mortals, we shall enjoy what IB hath given. Amen!

Awwww, Icebreakr...you just killed a mission I've been working on for a while. You blocked the river route and the new color for the rivers completely changes the feel of the place. I have to admit that I'm not at all a fan of the new water color although the rest of the place is beautiful. Still, you've done such a wonderful job on pretty much every other aspect of the island that I cannot be *too* upset. ;)

Hehe, I had to edit one of my missions too because where before was thick forest, there's now the town of San Arulco.

Yep I too think the water is too clear for such an environment. But okay, it's Icebreakr's baby after all. We're just the guests. :)

@Wiki

Class names are still the same, I was able to load all my old missions with no problems using the 'preview' he sent me yesterday.

im liking the new island however :o: its just a little overcrowded and the atmosphere has changed completely from the grotty banana republic with a rebel problem to the happyer tropical island with rebels and drug lords i like some of it however it is a little to crowded and i miss the vast areas of unexplored jungle :( however its not all doom and gloom the big airport in the NE is very nice with the new terminal which however dos not show on the map as a building. Some other parts are absolutely beautiful but there are still many bugs such as plants on roads and fence posts in buildings :( in my opinion the island could use a bit of spacing out adding vast amounts of jungle and removing a few roads to make the remote areas remote again. also fore some reason either due to my lack of skills or something else ambient civilians or civilian vehicles do not seem to be functioning i havent tryed to use the acm module yet.

all in all i think its a masterpiece and aldough all parts of it may not be according to everyone's taste i think its a pice of art that could use some more jungle terain spacing out north and south maybe in the form of mangrove swamps small islands and hills with coke labs around the SE end with maybe some streams to patrol in on foot (vietnam feel) and paralel thre the island to seperate gal controled area from the arl and drug lord controled area.

finally nobody get this wrong please i really like the island !!!!

(just my personal opinion and things i found so far)

please tell me what you guys think... :bounce3:

p.s. hase anybody found that the docks in main city in NE are messed up with the center pice up to high by a few meters and the rails n Crain hanging in mid air ??

Edited by short_German

^^ tough. Sorry :(

For the rest of us mortals, we shall enjoy what IB hath given. Amen!

Really, Kremator, that brought absolutely no value to the thread whatsoever. I offered some honest feedback and while I'm not a fan of every change, I did say that Icebreakr has "done such a wonderful job on pretty much every other aspect of the island that I cannot be *too* upset." It seems you want only completely favorable comments with no constructive criticism....well, as you would say - tough. Icebreakr's work is good enough that it doesn't need a cheerleader "defending" it from anything remotely critical.

@short_German.....re: "im liking the new island however its just a little overcrowded and the atmosphere has changed completely from the grotty banana republic with a rebel problem to the happyer tropical island with rebels and drug lords"...that's exactly how I felt. Beautiful work but the vibe of the place has definitely changed. Originally I envisioned Lingor being somewhere right off South/Central America. Now it seems like a Caribbean island. While Icebreakr's original intention might have been a Caribbean location, I can't help but feel that the new Lingor is a much larger version of Prowler's Mana Island (Fiji). I dunno...maybe I'll like the new version more as I roam around it more.

Thats what you get for living in Queensland :D

@Lingor Team/IB Anyplace we can bug report/fix without it getting covered in forum posts?

@Lingor Team/IB Anyplace we can bug report/fix without it getting covered in forum posts?

It's up on the DevHeaven tracker. You could try posting there. He's got his other projects listed there as well.

hi, my game freezes in menu, when im trying to start this campaign http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13702, i've no idea whats wrong, just when i want to start a mission, game freezes and nothing happens. I got latest lingor 1.337 lite, maybe that campaign is outdated? I would really enjoy playing this with my buddies, sadly i can't now.

hi, my game freezes in menu, when im trying to start this campaign http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13702, i've no idea whats wrong, just when i want to start a mission, game freezes and nothing happens. I got latest lingor 1.337 lite, maybe that campaign is outdated? I would really enjoy playing this with my buddies, sadly i can't now.

Maybe the mission tries to place or spawn units in one or more locations that have changed (e.g., now occupied by a building or at an ATL position inside a rock). The RPT may have comments that reveal the problem, or if not try running with the option -showscripterrors before the "mod=" entries (if any).

Until the mission is updated you could still play it on the previous version of the island - you just need 2 modfolders with slightly different names.

Crocodile ATTACK - LIVE FOOTAGE!!!

That looks interesting. Mind to post some more images?

Maybe the mission tries to place or spawn units in one or more locations that have changed (e.g., now occupied by a building or at an ATL position inside a rock). The RPT may have comments that reveal the problem, or if not try running with the option -showscripterrors before the "mod=" entries (if any).

Until the mission is updated you could still play it on the previous version of the island - you just need 2 modfolders with slightly different names.

hey, ty for advice, going to try older version!

You can send bug reports (inc. images with gps) to ice at icebreakr dot info or post it in my DevHeaven entry here.

im liking the new island however :o: its just a little overcrowded and the atmosphere has changed completely from the grotty banana republic with a rebel problem to the happyer tropical island with rebels and drug lords i like some of it however it is a little to crowded and i miss the vast areas of unexplored jungle :(

It's a great thing that we have so many talented map makers on this forum. If you want a beautiful, densely populated, immensely detailed and highly varied Carribean/Central American style island then Lingor just can't be beaten. As you say, it's a masterpiece. Kudos to you Icebreakr!

If however, you're after an enormous, sparsely populated, heavily jungled decrepit banana republic style map, then Old Bear's Tigeria (or Tigeria SP) is also magnificent.

I play both, depending on how agoraphobic I'm feeling :)

:inlove:

Looking forward to them, they indeed would fit perfectly here.

I cant say much other than I know that Ardy is working on them, and from the WIP screens I have seen they are backflippingly awesome.

tryied with 1.3 version - same thing, game just freezes.

Freezing when you try to launch a mission is often due to a missing, required addon. Have you checked the RPT? Also check that your v1.3 folder still has all the original pbos.

can anyone provide a download link for the previous 1.3 version of the island?...all older dload links seem to be gone already!

That looks interesting. Mind to post some more images?

Part of the NEW Lingor 1.337

Crocodile module can be added to the map when creating a mission.

Waiting for the NEW Lingor Units. I am using the OLD versions at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Interesting crocodile :)

Part of Lingor 1.337. Just add the Module to the map.