Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Hopefully it will accept the steam version of the arma2.exe considering it works differently.

Would buy on Sprocket if the exchange rate were straight. What works out to ~$30 and change is listed @ $35. For 4 bucks more I'll just get the hard copy, and have the DVD plus at least the commands from the manual at hand, and no hassle of redownloading if/when the need to reinstall arises. I'd have given Sprocket a go for $30 though. :)

Exchange rates depend on the credit card you use. You can download it and burn it to DVD or blu-ray, and never worry about having to re-download.

No it doesn't...

It has to run a check with steam to see if the account that owns it is logged in.

It has to run a check with steam to see if the account that owns it is logged in.

Not since 1.05, and it's unknown if BIS will change that back with 1.06.

They've already confirmed that OA will come with Steam protection or SecuRom disc protection (depending on where you buy it):

The game will be released with Securom disc based protection, Securom product activation (in some regions both ways will be possible with the same version) and through Steam (using its own methods). As soon as we are able to do it we will release DRM free patch online.

The 1.06 patch for Arma2 itself will probably still be DRM free, but OA will still keep its DRM for a few months. That includes Steam.

I checked GoGamer again, and now they are offering OA for $33.90 USD. Additionally, they updated their release date to June 29th, 2010 instead of their original release date of July 24th, 2010.

im just hoping the game comes out on steam before release.

any idea when it will come out on steam? any idea when we will get the demo? :D

Make OA available for purchase on Steam anytime now guys...

It's not even in the 'coming soon' section yet. :rolleyes:

Make OA available for purchase on Steam anytime now guys...

It's not even in the 'coming soon' section yet. :rolleyes:

this

when ready it will be there ...

in a nutshell i heard this game will only be coming out on the 29th on amazon and play.com but in retail UK shops such has GAME, ZAVVI, HMV etc etc it wont come out until next friday

Stupid LEM (Polish publisher) delayed release to unknown day of July. This is very annoying because last time they've delayed release of ArmA2 for about 30 days!

It's very disappointing that BIS has chosen the worst publisher in our country :(

Today LEM send to Polish fans information that release is delayed to 23'rd of July! I can't believe this, they do the same thing like with ArmA2. They delayed your game without no reason for about 1 month!

Actually most of people from the biggest Polish ArmA forum http://www.armagame.pl/ cancel their pre-orders. We are forced to buy your game from foreign stores which will hurt our budget almost double!

BIS why did you choose those inept imbeciles again?

Today LEM send to Polish fans information that release is delayed to 23'rd of July! I can't believe this, they do the same thing like with ArmA2. They delayed your game without no reason for about 1 month!

Actually most of people from the biggest Polish ArmA forum http://www.armagame.pl/ cancel their pre-orders. We are forced to buy your game from foreign stores which will hurt our budget almost double!

BIS why did you choose those inept imbeciles again?

Bis never learn some lessons, pitty...same is with steam, they are loosing so much money without releasing a pre-order and marketing in that plataform in 1 or 2 weeks before.

Wrong place for your question, should've been posted here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100089&page=35

But I'm going to answer it anyways:

GAME (JRC) should have it, there are two (1, 2) stone shops in Liberec. ;)

I know, I just hope I'll not to have to wait for it whole week.. it looks like they always get it later than the rest of the country, it seems.. :)

Steam is having their huge summer sale from today to the 4th of July. I must say I'm kind of disappointed in BIS now, OA's release will pretty much go unnoticed as they never advertised on it and it'll be lost amongst all these games on discount. This is why you don't wait till a week before release to advertise the game....

In Norway you can now buy boxed Operation Arrowhead from

CDON.no

Gamezone.no

And maybe Absoluttspill.no soon too! (I Emailed them)

:)

I know, I just hope I'll not to have to wait for it whole week.. it looks like they always get it later than the rest of the country, it seems.. :)

Well you could still order it from JRC/xzone and have it delivered by mail (and pay the postman, if you dislike/don't own credit card(s) ), which should be delivered to you sooner, so you don't have to wait the whole week, but it would be slightly more expensive..

Choice is up to you now: Wait a week and drool on the forums while everyone plays and posts screenshots, or spend some more cash but have it with only a smaller delay :p

Will a sprocket OA work with a steam Arma 2? (be able to use its content)

What is sprockets' time zone ? If they say release on the 27th... relative to GMT what time will that be ?