Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

tky_noswear

Thanks for making this mod,i really appreciate your work!

f*ck me... whats next, Face Veils 1.0 addon for Chernarus women? :)

I have tried to install this f*cking thing and its not working for me, whats the f*cking point if its doesn't f*cking work?
Don't be dissin Mr. Claus mofo
f*ck me... whats next, Face Veils 1.0 addon for Chernarus women? :)

Holy sh*t, this thread contains more swearing than the whole game! :D

You're all c*nts!

Oh damn! :D

Edited by Tankbuster

Or an excessive swearing mod for all of those people who love swearing so much they feel the need to come in to the thread and blow their top.

Yes, for the real men among us! ;)

You two aren't helping, you know! :D

To be honest, I gratefully accept any contributions from users of this addon, and I'll even chuckle at the funny ones having a little dig, but I fail to see why people who don't even want to use it feel the need to wade in here criticising something they don't want or need.

I'm NOT FORCING ANYONE to use this, nor do I feel the need to explain my motivation behind it - mostly because despite the fact it's a reasoned argument, it's an emotive subject and will only end in a thread lock.

Some simply fail to see the difference between a 'game' kill and a real life or realistic one. On the PC screen, the two are easily distinguishable even to a very young person, whereas the swearing is just swearing to young ears. Hearing that language from the PC speakers is essentially indistinguishable from real spoken 'in the same room' speech. This is what I am trying to remove from my game.

It's more of a question of why you would bother with it, really. They'll learn it in time whether you like it or not based on todays society, wouldn't it be better they were actually taught to avoid using that language, explaining what's wrong about it rather than censoring it?

It's more of a question of why you would bother with it, really. They'll learn it in time whether you like it or not based on todays society, wouldn't it be better they were actually taught to avoid using that language, explaining what's wrong about it rather than censoring it?

It's perfectly simple. As a parent, I wouldn't wish to impress on a young child that swearing is acceptable in the home. That's part of the process you mention.

It would send confusing messages to explain to a small child why swearing is inappropriate and then play a videogame that has swearing.

Well...

I don't know what to say...

This is a first for BIS' games? :p

I don't know what to say...

That hasn't stopped others posting crap when they have absolutely no interest in the addon.

It's perfectly simple. As a parent, I wouldn't wish to impress on a young child that swearing is acceptable in the home. That's part of the process you mention.

It would send confusing messages to explain to a small child why swearing is inappropriate and then play a videogame that has swearing.

Isn't it a confusing message to have a child anywhere near the game to even be in ear shot of it anyway? Mind you covering the screen via your head with a sheet and using headphones probably wont be the best solutions if your child minding :)

Oh the moral dilemma ... tiz a confusing bag. What about TV do you have mute on when they are near anything that swears?

I guess it does the job for those scenarios though :)

Edited by mrcash2009

As a parent myself, I agree, its just unfortunate about the "killing" aspect of the game ;)

By this I assume you mean the women of your country? :D

Great mod. although I personally won't use it.

Gnat;1626173']As a parent myself' date=' I agree, its just unfortunate about the "killing" aspect of the game ;)[/quote']

I dont have kids myself. But if i did, i wouldnt let them play arma until they were old enough to understand the moral implications. That said its wouldnt stop me playing it.

But then this mod isnt about kids playing ArmA, its about them accidentally hearing any odd little "words" or "phrases" that they could repeat without understanding them... as kids do.

I dont have kids myself. But if i did, i wouldnt let them play arma until they were old enough to understand the moral implications. That said its wouldnt stop me playing it.

But then this mod isnt about kids playing ArmA, its about them accidentally hearing any odd little "words" or "phrases" that they could repeat without understanding them... as kids do.

(directed to people letting their kids watch/play arma2 and using this mod)

So, if kids "accidentally" hear sounds of people dying and weapons discharge or see how people get shot, that's nice, but they aren't allowed to hear swearwords? Okaaay...

I don't really get it, why not just use a headset or lock the room? The game wasn't rated M for fun.

I vote for people who aren't going to use it to drop the issue and move your spam to another thread, especially if you arent a parent.

Its an optional addon, that actual removes something ...... move on people.

It might be different if it was an addon that added something distastful, it does in fact do the opposite.

Gnat;1626238']I vote for people who aren't going to use it to drop the issue and move your spam to another thread' date=' especially if you arent a parent.

Its an optional addon, that actual removes something ...... move on people.

It might be different if it was an addon that [u']added[/u] something distastful, it does in fact do the opposite.

Well said Gnat! ;)

(directed to people letting their kids watch/play arma2 and using this mod)

So, if kids "accidentally" hear sounds of people dying and weapons discharge or see how people get shot, that's nice, but they aren't allowed to hear swearwords? Okaaay...

Well, at the risk of further derailification... it's OK for my kids to run about the house with toy guns "killing" each other, complete with gun noises and other sounds :) it is after all basically what I'm doing when I play ArmA2. :)

What's not OK is for them to be shouting swear words at each other while they're doing it.

Edited by DMarkwick

Well, at the risk of further derailification... it's OK for my kids to run about the house with toy guns "killing" each other, complete with gun noises and other sounds :) it is after all basically what I'm doing when I play ArmA2. :)

What's not OK is for them to be shouting swear words at each other while they're doing it.

There ya go. Thank you DM.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I do wonder how many of the detractors aren't parents.....

There ya go. Thank you DM.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I do wonder how many of the detractors aren't parents.....

This game has the potential to be a ultra realistic paintball simulator with paintball bullets and everything. Instead of the usual death animation the surrender animation could be used. Combine it with this mod and it has suddenly turned into a somewhat PG13 or less game. Would be cool for the parents out there when the kids want to try the game their daddy plays all the time:D

Im not gonna use this mod as i do not have kids or am a religious person, but i still support it.

EDIT: there have currently been 45 downloads of this mod on Armaholic, that means that there is more people that have downloaded the mod than there is dectractors in this thread:P

Edited by Jelliz

It's just an addon, I mean if you don't like swearing, great! they can download it. If you like the swearing, you don't need to download it. ¬¬

Fully supported. I swear like a trooper ( I think it's an art form), but the swearing in Arma is so 'pasted on' it's rubbish - not needed at all.

Wouldn't want anyone's youngsters to pick up on it.

200 meg ?

why didnt make it so the all swear words a bleeped out.

no need to download a whole sound folder and the addon would only contain afew configs, scripts and a bleep sound..

I know. I haven't got around to making it that way yet. Too busy.

So just purchased arrowhead, looking forward to playing. Was very stoked to find this thread/addon as I play this with my boys.

I thought it funny that you could adjust the blood but not the language :)

Anyone know if this will work for Arrowhead?