Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

tky_noswear

I can't take any credit (and thus any blame) for this as the question and solution was posted in this thread. I simply followed the instructions given by contributors in that thread.

Download link

Attention. Huge file linked! Even compressed, the file is > 200MB.

Tky_noswear addon. v1.00

This addon is simply the game's vanilla sounds.pbo with the swearing removed. This will work for English installs, it may or may not work for others. I'm not aware of any problems caused by simply deleting some sound files, but there may be some. No warranties are offered.

For single player, users can simply overwrite the sounds.pbo file in their install, but this method is not recommended.

I suggest that everyone installs this as an addon. Copy the supplied @tky_noswear folder into the root of your ArmA2 install and append your desktop shortcut with -mod=@tky_noswear.

Alternatively, simply drop the included sounds.pbo into an addon folder that is already called by the desktop shortcut.

My thanks go to irongrip and his Catholic freind for finding and removing the appropriate sound files and to sempavieh for giving an explanation as to how to actually make this into an addon and to Bohemia for this game in the first place.

And yes, I'm aware of the irony of removing swearing from an 18 cert game that features shooting and killing.

Thanks for Mirrors, Imutep and Foxhound :)

6725937.gif

3-animation.png

Edited by Tankbuster

Thx for this addon! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

6725937.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1380][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/6725937.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1380]DOWNLOAD - Tky_noswear addon (v.1.0) - [209 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Thanks, great job, it's really appreciated your effort.

I have tried to install this f*cking thing and its not working for me, whats the f*cking point if its doesn't f*cking work?

To annoy nice people like you.

removing bad words from a game involving killing just doesnt make much sense

Then again, neither does worshiping some invisible guy in the skies.

removing bad words from a game involving killing just doesnt make much sense

Because the killing is pretend, while the swearing is real.

The author is providing an option - no need to jump all over him.

Should of known this would come from a bunch of quaffing southerners. Come up north were swearing and life are real.

^ It's exactly the opposite in the States. Damn Yankees... (I mean americans from the north/north east. Not the "Yanks" that you brits call all americans.)

Then again, neither does worshiping some invisible guy in the skies.

Don't be dissin Mr. Claus mofo

Can you also make a mod that takes out the killing in ARMA :P

Behold, fArmA II with Greenpeace holding "STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY" billboards everywhere and blocking your path to any kind of weapons to possibly kill animals.

:bigsmile:

Can you also make a mod that takes out the killing in ARMA :P

If you like. Its not hard. UKF did it with their blank firing attachments...:o

Seriously i dont see the problem with this addon. If you have kids around or dont like to hear swearing then its a great idea.

...But i guess people just like slagging off others. Live and let live guys. If it doesn't affect you why do you care?

To be honest, I gratefully accept any contributions from users of this addon, and I'll even chuckle at the funny ones having a little dig, but I fail to see why people who don't even want to use it feel the need to wade in here criticising something they don't want or need.

I'm NOT FORCING ANYONE to use this, nor do I feel the need to explain my motivation behind it - mostly because despite the fact it's a reasoned argument, it's an emotive subject and will only end in a thread lock.

Some simply fail to see the difference between a 'game' kill and a real life or realistic one. On the PC screen, the two are easily distinguishable even to a very young person, whereas the swearing is just swearing to young ears. Hearing that language from the PC speakers is essentially indistinguishable from real spoken 'in the same room' speech. This is what I am trying to remove from my game.

What would be funny is if you released a sound mod that either replaced the swearing with bleeps over the actual swearing, or badly dubbed-in replacements such as :

*Crikey* 4 is down!
Ive been hit! *How inconvenient!*

Hehe ... my previous post was just for a laugh and supposed to be massively ironic, although its a choice and its a mod, so ... no issue with that side of it.

Would like to have a comedy sound mod version though :yay:

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of the comedy potential here and I knew you were joking, but you should see the slanging I got from the kids over on Armaholic. I too said "Crikey!" :D

They're just teasing him for being a prude, he is a big guy so he can take it. It comes with the territory everytime someone makes a censorship mod.

Now, can we have one that puts black boxes over all the womens' naughty parts? :D

What would be funny is if you released a sound mod that either replaced the swearing with bleeps over the actual swearing, or badly dubbed-in replacements such as :

Hehe ... my previous post was just for a laugh and supposed to be massively ironic, although its a choice and its a mod, so ... no issue with that side of it.

Would like to have a comedy sound mod version though :yay:

Hahaha. That's hilarious.

Or an excessive swearing mod for all of those people who love swearing so much they feel the need to come in to the thread and blow their top.

Now, can we have one that puts black boxes over all the womens' naughty parts? :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Or an excessive swearing mod for all of those people who love swearing so much

And I'd be the first to congratulate the maker of such a mod. :) I'm all for choice.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

They're just teasing him for being a prude, he is a big guy so he can take it.

I'm really not a prude - you should see the contents of some of those passworded directories on my HDD, but I have my opinions as to what is suitable for my children.