Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

updated my post.

I haven't checked that ticket in a while, I was just told they're going to be in ACEX. 37 votes is reasonable enough, and your team likes it. I can understand that.

Not sure if this is the right place, but why do people want every single mod to be integrated in ACE? Like TF86 units etc. I mean, yeah, they're good, but i think they should be separate. Doesn't ACEX already have special forces? it's not like they're filling in any gap, they're just adding on to it. I don't want ACEX bloated with stuff quite a few people won't use.

The more the merrier. It also makes playing on servers easier when you do not need to download 12 different mods to play in a server. It also makes more servers use em because all they need is ACE not 14 different addons that might have some compatible issues. And integrating them into ACE makes sure they are ACE compatible.

No one likes having to download 12 different addons and making sure they are all the same version the server has when you can just integrate them into ACE and have em all updated with a single use of updater.

I have seen some addons not getting used because all the clients, mission and server would need to have them.

Edited by zenith777

Wow is it true the mortars arent coming for 20 Months??

Feature #6679: Infantry mortars as CSW's (20mo list in the roadmap)

There's no due date set on the ticket, and the ticket is part of the default "Future" milestone, which we use for planned features that have no due date yet (unknown, not started yet, etc).

It means it could be next week, month, year, etc :)

I personally like getting good stuff get integrated into ACE, for the reasons stated above. I don't want (and often can't afford) having my missions require additional addons, and have to make due with what's in ACE. So if it's good, having it as a part of ACE is definitely a good thing, and that applies to any addon.

I adding the nukes to a F-35 and dropped some.. but they only went *cough* instead of bigass kaboom.. - no nuclear explotion.. dos any one have a clue on why?

i used this code

this addmagazine "ACE__1Rnd_B61_50"; this addweapon "ACE__B61BombLauncher"

@Raven: Please see http://ace.dev-heaven.net/Nuclear_Weapons "Notes".

I personally like getting good stuff get integrated into ACE, for the reasons stated above. I don't want (and often can't afford) having my missions require additional addons, and have to make due with what's in ACE. So if it's good, having it as a part of ACE is definitely a good thing, and that applies to any addon.

Certainly can find myself in that opinion.

From our side it starts to become a little bit more complicated, mostly because of increased workload, management / support in future, and mod sizes that increase etc, so that's part of our consideration :).

And there's of course aswell http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Goals_and_Scope :D

Maybe we should increase marketing on "Create an ACEX package", like fromz did with PLA..

On the other hand, i'm still dreaming of a time where you can get nearly any mod over Yoma and Six Updater, and almost everyone knows and loves this (yes yes dreaming)...

It doesn't matter anymore then if 'everything is in ace' or elsewhere, you just add a profile for six-updater or yoma, and all your users will get :D

ACE specific config values could be injected with simple override configs etc.. so this isn't all that odd.

Edited by Sickboy

Looked at it.. but i dont understand it.. what do i need to add, something in description?

Either need to use the EASA to load the planes with Nukes: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/EASA

Or use the API scripting functions described at the end of the Nuclear Weapons notes.

hmm i can get nukes from the container now.. but if i start with the nuke on my plane.. its still a dud ?

I must say i enjoy the new feature when you shoot and kill a T72 or a T90 and the gun turret blows off, i like that a lot

already searched around a bit, but couldnt find anything.

can somebody tell me some magazine classnames for ACE and vanilla magazines with TRACERS?

Totally agree with this :yeahthat:

This is just how I feel.

Maybe we should increase marketing on "Create an ACEX package", like fromz did with PLA..

That would rock if it actually happened :)

Yeah... ACE_BW,ACE_AAW,ACE_FDF,ACE_I44,ACE_RACS.... would be nice, but I don´t see it happening.

Sadly.

Yeah... ACE_BW,ACE_AAW,ACE_FDF,ACE_I44,ACE_RACS.... would be nice, but I don´t see it happening.

Sadly.

Oh dear god... Not the "One mod to rule them all" thing again. :rolleyes:

I think so, guess there is enough "All in wonders" nobody wants to play.

The problem is people logging in the server without X mod running and have to reconnect (or worse, actually download it because they thought they don't need it). Then you still won't really be able to incorporate those addons into missions without it having a steep cost in terms of user-friendliness. On Zeus it's already hard enough to get people to download both ACE and Zcommon - I don't want to think about what it would be like to get people to run more addon packs, even if they can be directly downloaded from the same addonsync server. Us people who "understand stuff" need to also understand the people that "don't understand".

maybe remove server keys in betas to discourage using beta builds in multiplayer? It would really increase the user-friendliness of ACE mod at the moment, but it probably will also make the public betas less efficient

And thats why its not going to happen.... :rolleyes:

already searched around a bit, but couldnt find anything.

can somebody tell me some magazine classnames for ACE and vanilla magazines with TRACERS?

That be odd, been talking all about them lists yesterday :D

Mags are here:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/classlists/magazines

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/magazines (with searchability, filterability)

You can also search per weapon:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/classlists/weapons

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/weapons

maybe remove server keys in betas to discourage using beta builds in multiplayer? It would really increase the user-friendliness of ACE mod at the moment, but it probably will also make the public betas less efficient
It would defeat the purpose, plus if the ongoing development version is so harmful to 'the community', im sure they can stop playing it.

Again a 'problem' (if it exists) that people try to shove into our shoes; I'm not holding a gun to people's heads to run the Ongoing Development. People simply run it.

Why? Well, ask them :) (Though i'm all for it... There's nothing wrong with this version if everyone keeps their heads on their bodies and thinks for a second)

Edited by Sickboy

Well, when I want to play with my friends it is always dealing with X needing to be updated and Y needing to be updated.. need to configure six updater for them (since apparently it's "hard")

I guess it is true when it is all set up there aren't any issues.

doh, I need to rethink my arguments before I post them.

Edited by Fox '09

Though this has probably been asked before, I plan on buying arma 2 in a day or so and I just wanted to ask if Ace mod works with a steam version. If so are there any hangups that go along with it?

PS: Awesome mod :) The feature list alone conviced me to get the game.

Hello, I've searched through about 20 pages in this thread and all through the dev-heaven documentation for this mod and I haven't found the answer. Is ACE2 compatible with the single player campaign? I'm assuming no, which leads me to my next question: do I have to download user missions from here in order to play single player with ACE2? I'm pretty new to this game so I'm not really ready for MP.