Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

cant ajust the NVG brightness anymore, neither with page up/down nore with the apl-key and the ajustments there.

and its very low in brightness, have to hit it a few times till it works normaly.

anybody has the same prob ?

Jup, you and many with you, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10773. Solved already for next update, Mastyr ;)

Do you have the same problem as me ?

If I use the Ace 2mod, I do not have anymore the Dynamic conversation system (talk to teamate, civilian etc...).

How can I reactivate it ?

Fixed for next version.

Edited by Sickboy

where can i find a step by step guide to install the updater for ace 2?

all the videos i found on youtube are outdated and i think the 1.1 stable is freezing my pc, not sure if that's the problem

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99420

thanks

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download B) Ongoing development.

If you already have the stable release installed, you can convert it to six-updater, this is mentioned in the +advanced section in above link.

Edited by Sickboy

cheers taking a look now, hopefully itll prevent my screen from going blank

Edited by MirindoR

I guess it was overlooked so i'll quote myself:

May i kindly ask why this ticket has been rejected? Although i understand since there actually is nothing you could include it can't be worked on it, the reject shortly after i had oppened the "other thread" put's somewhat a strange light on it.

Some explaining words would be nice.

Would have sent a PM to you Sickboy instead of asking here but i know you don't answer PM's and i don't have any other way to contact you.

im no good with prompting, i tried commanding it to the path you indicate in that webpage, of course i translated it to italian giving the corresponding path but it says its invalid.

should i just remove THE ACE, ACEX, CBA folders and re-dl it again?

I guess it was overlooked so i'll quote myself:

Yes, ACE2 devs! Please think about his proposal. I know it's more more work but his AddOns is very useful. In my opinion it would be a great, eventual, addition.

Regardless, thanks for your work. It's epic as usual.

The ticket status is fixed. It's not about including an addon, but a standard that is still in progress.

MirindoR, if you can't get it to work or report the exact issues, removing the current version is last resort :)

I've added conversion support to six-updater at v0.20.0. Please restart the six-updater-web gui to grab the latest library.

I've added the action: "Convert to SixUpdater". You should have it available on the Main page, under Action, as soon as you have synchronized once (hit the sync button, located behind the Preset).

Howto updated

Blogged: Convert_modfolder_to_Updater_Full_integration

Edited by Sickboy

well it doesnt matter its finishing dling ace sm right now and then its all done

worse is it froze again while playing without ace.

at this point ive no idea what to do.

i make a mission with the editor, preview it, return to the editor and pc freezes =(

every time.

Probably a noob question, but how do I enable the speech with ACE?

I don't like it when I don't know what's happening around be just because I don't read the team-'chat' in an intense mission.

Probably a noob question, but how do I enable the speech with ACE?

I don't like it when I don't know what's happening around be just because I don't read the team-'chat' in an intense mission.

Yes it is. Do a thread search for the answer. There's something you need to do to get it back.

Hint:

Check the ace_clientside_config.hpp in the userconfig\ACE folder.

And more hints:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/search/no_voice

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=932676

Good luck and enjoy the Mod!

Edited by Manzilla

Hi guys

Busy making an Armoured Assault(MP) mission, noticed that there are random numbers/names set on the sides of the tanks. A very cool feature, so thanks for that ACE team!

My question is, can this be "set in stone" for our mission? I'd like to assign callsigns/crew to specific tanks to add immersion.

Cheers

HT

Sounds may be subjective, but on last Zeus gaming night I heard nothing but complaints (which I find justified) about the sounds, with not a single person disagreeing with those complaints.

Mostly sounds are missing a lot of bass or something and sound like a BB gun firing ("plastic" sound). Also the SVD sounds like a small drum being struck. M4A1s sound as if they are suppressed... And that's as good as I can describe my feel about the new ACE sounds, for better description you'd have to get feedback from people who actually know how to explain what sounds wrong. But overall it feels like whoever made the sound has his system tuned in a non-standard way or something that made him made the sounds sound like that.

Sounds may be subjective, but on last Zeus gaming night I heard nothing but complaints (which I find justified) about the sounds, with not a single person disagreeing with those complaints.

Mostly sounds are missing a lot of bass or something and sound like a BB gun firing ("plastic" sound). Also the SVD sounds like a small drum being struck. M4A1s sound as if they are suppressed... And that's as good as I can describe my feel about the new ACE sounds, for better description you'd have to get feedback from people who actually know how to explain what sounds wrong. But overall it feels like whoever made the sound has his system tuned in a non-standard way or something that made him made the sounds sound like that.

EXACTLY!

This sums up everything. Exactly the same way I'm feeling/hearing.

New sounds simple TERRIBLE!

Each weapon has lost the characteristic sound on which it was easy for distinguishing in a thick of fight, and has turned to the kiddie New Year's cracker heard through a window... Shock!

There's been some suggestions for Tutorial Missions, we'll need your support! Blogged about it: Tutorials: ACE looking for Support

Re Sounds:

Happy there's feedback roling in (especially useful specific feedback), however as announced already, tpM introduced these sounds to get feedback and improve, something seems to go wrong somewhere.

As announced it will be possible to stick to any version of the soundmod you like, so you can skip these experimentations all together.

On the subjectivity note; I suppose a whole server complaining is a useful measure, still there's plenty individuals that suddenly speak up; Awesome sounds, too. Which clearly shows there's either something fishy going on or it really depends per system/person.

Edited by Sickboy

As announced it will be possible to stick to any version of the soundmod you like, so you can skip these experimentations all together..

Not all sounds vary SM, unfortunately...

Last time, a code the ACE had a unsuccessful sound, HiFi and CSM2 have not corrected also half of bugs

Whats the stats on the M252´s (Mortars)

I can use them but the shells go AWOL...

Im playing Bennys WF and sets up a M252 Squad.. I use the Arty Interface

and nada..2 Firemissions but no shells hitting ground, no impact, no

*Boom* sounds...

Not all sounds vary SM, unfortunately...

Last time, a code the ACE had a unsuccessful sound, HiFi and CSM2 have not corrected also half of bugs

Not sure I get what you mean sorry :)

What I meant is that you will be able to play with any version of ACEX_SM.

So the v1.0 version, v1.1, or any of the ongoing development versions. So you will be able to use the ACE_SM version that you like.

This is next to the fact that tpM is still tweaking / working on the sounds :)

Edited by Sickboy

Not sure I get what you mean sorry :)

What I meant is that you will be able to play with any version of ACEX_SM.

So the v1.0 version, v1.1, or any of the ongoing development versions. So you will be able to use the ACE_SM version that you like.

This is next to the fact that tpM is still tweaking / working on the sounds :)

players that wish to join the majority of mp servers need to update frequently, just as the servers do. I doubt there are many 'stable' servers out there that allow any ACE2 versions to join; ie, zero Ace2 version check.

Team ACE) I have one question!) I changed the sound : ace_tpM_flares.ogg and ace_tpM_warning.ogg ( sonud drop flares and warning) File size remains the same! (unchanged). When I start the game i have this error :( where I go wrong? I changed only the sound! Its Possible play ACE + my sound drop flares and sound warning missile? :rolleyes:

I did not touch this file! file in folder!

e6301cdc824b.jpg

Thx. Kesh

@Keshman: What tools did you use to unpack/repack? It is recommended to use Mikero Tools: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll

In any case, if you keep having issues, please create a support ticket: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting with details and the modified files.

-Ziggy-;1634534']players that wish to join the majority of mp servers need to update frequently' date=' just as the servers do. I doubt there are many 'stable' servers out there that allow any ACE2 versions to join; ie, zero Ace2 version check.[/quote']

That's why we're switching to a single key for ACEX_SM: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Sound_Highly_subjective_and_personal

Edited by Sickboy