Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

In my experience, SD ammo has no crack, while suppressed rifles firing normal rounds do. Pistols and MP5s don't snap either. Which weapons should sound subsonic that don't?

Edit: According to Arma, the MP5A4 is supersonic but the MPA5 is not.

pistols and mp5's usually fire supersonic rounds, so you should hear a crack unless the round was fired from far off.

this said i always use normal ammo even with silenced weapons, because subsonic rounds deal less damage, have a shorter range and are far less accurate.

the enemy will not be able to tell where the shot came from anyways.

When I try to use any of the US weapon box 'Magic box' XM8s, a message comes up telling me the weapon's recoil file is missing.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.RH_xm8_Rifle_Recoil

Much as this makes the rifles great fun to use, it diminishes the realism somewhat... .

RH_ is Robert Hammer's tag, mentioned recoil is not used in ACE.

It's probably a bug in one of his weapon packs or maybe you're missing some files or so; he will hopefully know :)

Many thanks for the help, SB.

It turns out I had an older version of the non-ACE config loading alongside the updated ACE version that someone has produced for RH.

I didn't realise at first that the 'magic box' contained most of the user's installed addon weapons: I thought that the ACE team must have imported the weapons from lots of different mod-teams into ACE :i:

Useful and fun feature, anyway.

Tested to fly the other day and i blacked out when i flew straight. Think its a wee bit sensitive as pilots can pull rather much G's without blacking out. Maybe it was the mission messing with it though or did anyone else notice it?

Just came to my mind as im at work. Will check DH when i get home. :) And thanks ACE team for the steady flow of updates. ARMA do rock hard now with the patches and ACE. Havent had much time to play in a while but i got reminded how awesome it is with this mod and the best game on the planet. Total uber-ness.

Yes, G forces are even less stable and understandable than they were when first implemented. In the Armory you can get permanent partial blackout.

Many thanks for the help, SB.

It turns out I had an older version of the non-ACE config loading alongside the updated ACE version that someone has produced for RH.

I didn't realise at first that the 'magic box' contained most of the user's installed addon weapons: I thought that the ACE team must have imported the weapons from lots of different mod-teams into ACE :i:

Useful and fun feature, anyway.

Hehe NP. The magic-box is very magical; it makes all weapons (+their magazines) available in the game, regardless of origin :)

For me Magical box doesnt show everything, it is missing quite few ACE_X weapons I think :p

For me Magical box doesnt show everything, it is missing quite few ACE_X weapons I think :p

Any examples please? As that's not the intended behaviour.

It does however filter for weapons with class armory >> disabled == 1.

Edited by Sickboy

I am having some troubles with G force - black out system.

if you begin to black out and immidatly stop takin the curve, you actually should be OK again, but instead i often black out totally anyway.

Doesnt matter if i do the maneuver or not.

Anyone else got this also?

Last I checked, the magic box seems to contain all the weapons that belong to the player's faction, plus any extra addon ones that aren't included in ACE. For example, as a US soldier I got all my extra addon weapons and all the vanilla/ACE US weaponry. As a Russian soldier, I got the same but with Russian kit instead.

I have a couple questions.

Would it be possible to start a thread just on ACE wounding? I don't want to start one then get yelled at for not posting it here.

There are soooo many med items and not sure how to use them and or If they even work.

+1, I'd like to have more information about this as well.

Any chance to have the RH m4s and Pistols added to ace? It already has the AKs.

Yes I know this goes on the ACE site but I wanted to see what others think.

Would also like to see the An-72 Coaler by Gnat added.

Snokie Bouchies.

What happened to the H&K 417s?

I wanted to know this too - why not add those nice hk417? is there any reason?

Yeah and whats with ACOGs and Eotech sights for both weapons? Whats up with an M203 version?

Is there an ticket with more information?

Edited by Clawhammer

We dont have HK417's atm, what is so special about this? Not enough weapons? (lol)

We dont have HK417's atm, what is so special about this? Not enough weapons? (lol)

Don't tell me , you don't have any hk417 and from ace1 those ones are what :p

Never Not enough weapons mate :D - we need more 7.62x51 weapons like those hk417s or m14s too

Edited by RobertHammer

Don't tell me , you don't have any hk417 and from ace1 those ones are what :p

Never Not enough weapons mate :D

Those are still there, left behind in ArmA1, requiring work, love, and what not.

Which is not planned atm.

Maybe some day they will appear, maybe not, we will all have to wait and see :D

Edited by Sickboy

Those are still there, left behind in ArmA1, requiring work, love, and what not.

Which is not planned atm.

I can port them if you want , because they are very nice to not let them behind :(

I can port them if you want , because they are very nice to not let them behind :(

Will have to ask Scuba and Panda, will get back to you :)

i have a serious problem.

where is my red browser site when starting SIX gui ?

i can do what i want,i always get this here ! ^^

unbenanntlb.png

Please delete the database "production.sqlite3" located in the DATA_PATH \db, and try again.

DATA_PATH is printed when you start the six-updater-gui.

Please see http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+support if you still have issues.

Default DATA_PATH locations are also documented.

Edited by Sickboy

hmmm.

it doesnt work. i deleted the production.sqlite3 folder,but now the commandline box is closing after a short time of doin something.

cant tell you what,because the window close too fast.

but as a matter of fact,now works nothing.

and i didnt copied the folder before. ^^

:-(

any ideas sickboy ?

hmmm.

it doesnt work. i deleted the production.sqlite3 folder,but now the commandline box is closing after a short time of doin something.

cant tell you what,because the window close too fast.

but as a matter of fact,now works nothing.

and i didnt copied the folder before. ^^

:-(

any ideas sickboy ?

i had that command line box closing problem...all i did was select to run the SIX updater console and it worked if i run the GUI it quits automagically very strange but it still works for me.