Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

I have been unable to access http://dev-heaven.net since yesterday evening. This was stopping me updating ACE with the SIX-GUI until I figured out to reset Skip status. (when I pressed "Sync" it wouldn't find any newer version of ACE available)

Anything Dev Heaven related is not working for me, anyone else getting this or know why this might be?

I have a couple questions.

Would it be possible to start a thread just on ACE wounding? I don't want to start one then get yelled at for not posting it here.

There are soooo many med items and not sure how to use them and or If they even work.

Like i can have a medic that has bandages, morphine, epi and i team switch to him yet i can't heal the guy in front of me. I check the inventory and they are still in. When using them do they get taken out of inventory or is there a choice as to which one you can use? etc.

And the earplugs. I use them with my main character, when i team switch, i can't put them in with the unit i switched to. It seems they only can be accessed by the original unit. Is that what goes on with the med gear too?

I also don't notice any difference when using them I still hear ringing.

Also, Does the Slat armor on the strykers make any difference? I fire a sad RPG rocket and it kills everyone inside and destroys most tires on that side of the vehicle. And that is a side shot fired directly into the slat. I don't know how the wheels get destroyed, let alone anyone being killed inside. I can see the wheels going if I hit below the slat, or even if i used a stronger warhead.

I know the SLAT is supposed to cause the warhead to explode before hitting the regular armor causing very minimum damage.

Don't start a new thread, create (a) ticket(s) in the issue tracker if you have a documentable problem/bug.

Any one else getting missing CA_AH64 ? I can't even find it in editor anymore.

Any one else getting missing CA_AH64 ? I can't even find it in editor anymore.

Have you been uninstalling a beta patch with the beta patch's uninstaller? Don't do that. It removes for example the Apache. Just delete the beta folder when removing betas. ^^

I need dedicated server help with the ACE 1.1 ADDON. Now I have updated myself to the newest and latest which for me was 1.1.1.350 (according to my ArmA Menu Screen) now, I uploaded my files via the FTP last and today (because it wouldn't work last night, so I went to bed) and retried it today...and it's still not working right. Now I have the Steam version, is that going to affect me not being able to upload?

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Is there anyway we can turn off the blacking out and ace stamina feature?

It is annoying us to death...

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

On a hosted mission.

I just did a clean Download and Install Today of ACE1.1 Stable plus all of the Extra Mods associated with it.

@CBA

@ACEX

@ACEX_SM

@ACEX_PLA

When I launch the mod using the following in my Shortcut: -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA i'm getting the following error: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

I just did a clean Download and Install Today of ACE1.1 Stable plus all of the Extra Mods associated with it.

@CBA

@ACEX

@ACEX_SM

@ACEX_PLA

When I launch the mod using the following in my Shortcut: -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA i'm getting the following error: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

You have to manually install and edit that file to make it work..

ace2-userconfig-folder

read this thread

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2

or here

Edited by gonk

I have downloaded and installed ACE 1.1 (349) via a website not six updater, but naturally I want to update it now that the servers have updated, I have the six updater going but it wont detect my version of ACE at all, just says there is none, trying to update tells me...

Processing:

= @ACE

Does not seem to be a repository!

WARNING: Folder already exists but seems to be incompatible. Not installing.

If you want the software to install this mod, please delete the modfolder.

How do I make six updater update the normal download of ACE 1.1 (349) and all extras?

Edited by Trauma.au

I have downloaded and installed ACE 1.1 (349) via a website not six updater, but naturally I want to update it now that the servers have updated, I have the six updater going but it wont detect my version of ACE at all, just says there is none, trying to update tells me...

How do I make six updater update the normal download of ACE 1.1 (349) and all extras?

Hi, this is possible with six-rsync version 0.6.7 and newer, but requires you to install the latest six-updater setup >= v0.15 from:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite

Instructions are added to the FAQ:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+FAQ#How%20to%20convert%20an%20existing%20modfolder%20to%20be%20compatible%20with%20updater?

Hopefully somewhat more userfriendly polish soon :)

Edited by Sickboy

GJ ;)

sorry for the noob question guyz is there any official ace movie trailer around?? :yay:

GJ ;)

sorry for the noob question guyz is there any official ace movie trailer around?? :yay:

Hello, I dont mean to come and "advertise" here, but I have made an ACE video ages ago, alot new stuff have been added since. :)

Oh, and this is in NO way any sort of "official" video.

3jmISAj9Pbg

Edited by Kristian

Hello, I dont mean to come and "advertise" here, but I have made an ACE video ages ago, alot new stuff have been added since. :)

Oh, and this is in NO way any sort of "official" video.

3jmISAj9Pbg

yea good video ;)

no matter if "official" or not I need it to present ACE mod news on my forum :ok:

if there are other videos similar send me links tnx :cheers:

Where are the ace 2 class list. I found that they are deleted...

Or what are the parachutes class names. at least.

Edited by BittleRyan
Added second line.

Thanks much...

Do the medical supplies work btw?

I tried to use it... BUT when i put it in the gear box it said cfg weapon not found. and it didnt let me even preview the mission.

Hi, this is possible with six-rsync version 0.6.7 and newer, but requires you to install the latest six-updater setup >= v0.15 from:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite

Instructions are added to the FAQ:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+FAQ#How%20to%20convert%20an%20existing%20modfolder%20to%20be%20compatible%20with%20updater?

Hopefully somewhat more userfriendly polish soon :)

Hey Sickboy I did as you said here but it has not resolved the issue. I completely removed the old six updater (0.14.12) and then did a fresh install of 0.15 but when I run it, it shows up as 0.14.12 again and does not recognize my versions of ACE just as it did before. Previously my six-rsync was 0.6.7 was just that I did not have 0.15.

Trying the convert as per the FAQ said I do not have six-rsync.rb file. See image attached. Thx.

sixissue.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey ACE Team

Wondering how I can access the M224 60mm mortars. Are they in a weapons box or how would I go about placing them in the editor (and how many people are required to use it).

Thanks!

@M224; See header: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/M224

Hey Sickboy I did as you said here but it has not resolved the issue. I completely removed the old six updater (0.14.12) and then did a fresh install of 0.15 but when I run it, it shows up as 0.14.12 again and does not recognize my versions of ACE just as it did before. Previously my six-rsync was 0.6.7 was just that I did not have 0.15.

Trying the convert as per the FAQ said I do not have six-rsync.rb file. See image attached. Thx.

Arrr, the bloody installer ate my six-rsync.rb! :eek: Uploaded fixed version (v0.15.1), sorry.

Don't mind the six-updater-web version, it's a bit problematic to stick to a single version number when you have 4 components with different versions :)

Important: You left out the quotes surrounding the modfolder path, this will break you up :P

BTW if the updater can't find your arma installation after installing latest setup, you probably have removed the configuration database/files.

You probably must reconfigure your path to arma2 in a settings profile.

Please see: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+FAQ#No%20valid%20installation%20folder%20found

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

Where are the ace 2 class list. I found that they are deleted...

Or what are the parachutes class names. at least.

Here ye go: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Classlists

Parachute packs are under Weapons, while Parachute 'vehicles' (the ones you actually fly in) are under Vehicles.

Edited by Sickboy

Hey ACE Team

Wondering how I can access the M224 60mm mortars. Are they in a weapons box or how would I go about placing them in the editor (and how many people are required to use it).

Thanks!

Sorry to lead you on like this, but the M224 isn't done yet... :(

I can tell you though it will take 2 people to use it efficiently though, but it can be 1 manned (but that means moving from the assistant gunners position to fire, and to the gunner to aim and recheck your lay every few shots).

Hello,

is there a documentation on how to properly use the AG missiles/bombs on planes ?

Su34 and Su25 have r27 missile which seems to require a laser lock, but how do I move the laser and lock targets? Is there a camera view, or a "Tab lock" mode?

Su27 has "tab lock" missiles, but they seem to always miss the target (test with a moving M1).

About the bombs, the A10 hud shows a CCIP marker for the CBU, but the impact point is (completely) inaccurate. Or I am missing something ?