dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

Did you get inspired by America's Army 3? I see something very similar there...

Not really - the placement of the direction indicators is more a move of convenience than an attempt to mimick any given other game's method.

Hi, it looks to me as a great and very useful addition; it works with the ArmA2 or is only for the OA?. Let's C ya

Haven't tested it on A2 alone, it's primarily intended for OA with the assignedTeam changes that came in 1.60.

Have been using fthud.

Have found it so useful, pondered enhancing it.

Before diving it, checked to see what you'd been up to.

Hooa!

From STHud at DevHeaven:

STHUD integrated comapss

Added by dslyecxi 8 days ago

STHUD Usermenu introduced

Added by dslyecxi 25 days ago

Significant performance increase

Added by dslyecxi about 1 month ago

STHUD 1.60 with group color coding

Added by dslyecxi about 1 month ago

What I'd hoped to do was to give at least one more set of ranges, so there'd be 15/30/45 and perhaps 30/75/125 ... looking forward to see what you've done!

--TAW_Dawks

p.s. actually, thinking about clearing buildings, maybe a smaller set of ranges would be good too, in effect increasing resolution so that someone even 2 metres away would be shown as a good, clear, separate entity ... so 5/10/15. In the end, something like mortar computer with near/medium/far.

Edited by Tremblay

New release, changelog is:

* Added configs for: Moschnyi, Cicada, Hazar-Kot Valley.

* Markers for units inside vehicles use the vehicle's direction.

* Potential fix for missions that use assignTeam in unit inits.

* HUD compass requires having ItemCompass in your inventory.

* Marker distance ignores height differences.

* Partial A2 compatibility (no support for team colours).

* Fixed a bug where restarting the HUD would recreate an internal local object.

You can find the download here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files

what about add (maybe optional) mini markers at border of circle when units far away

Hi Dslyecxi

Could you add this to next update please?

class bearrocks

{

Zoom = 0.07;

Scale = 0.55;

Centre[] = {150, 170};

};

It's for OldBears island Bear Rocks, thanks mate. ;)

Yeah, this is an excellent idea and superior implementation. Keep up the great work and additions to more maps.

It's for OldBears island Bear Rocks, thanks mate.

Added, it'll be in the next release.

what about add (maybe optional) mini markers at border of circle when units far away

I like that you only have awareness out to 50m, and then have to start looking around. The core intent of STHUD is to represent peripheral/local awareness, not 'global' awareness, so I think the absence of any 'minimarkers' on the edge is in keeping with that intent.

Please help me i have a case of "the dumb"! How do you install this?

The download files i get from dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files are fthud.pbo, fthud.pbo.shacktac.bisign and server key folder.

There is no @fthud folder which i can add to command line as per usual...:(

You've screwed up djshadowfax. There IS a @fthud folder (and inside that the addons, into which the pbo sits)

Thanks seems to work now but as soon as i change squad members or return to my player or load a saved game i lose STHUD display.

I must also put the server key folder (which has shacktac.bikey file in it) into /addons ?

(I was running WARMOD which had this included but as im running ARMA2 CO with ACE it cannot load a saved file).....

Thanks seems to work now but as soon as i change squad members or return to my player or load a saved game i lose STHUD display.

I must also put the server key folder (which has shacktac.bikey file in it) into /addons ?

(I was running WARMOD which had this included but as im running ARMA2 CO with ACE it cannot load a saved file).....

Can you report this on our tracker with some repro steps? Not quite sure what you mean.

Didn't this always have problems with single player and/or teamswitching? Nothing new as far as I know.

Hi,

is there a script-command to deactivate and reactivate the HUD, like in the Menu.

In Camerascenes it is annoying...

Great Mod by the way.

thanx

SerialMum

Hi,

is there a script-command to deactivate and reactivate the HUD, like in the Menu.

In Camerascenes it is annoying...

Great Mod by the way.

thanx

SerialMum

Alt+Shift+H in the latest versions, allows changing of modes, restart and turning off

Nice work dslyecxi, that compass really helps cut down time on short range target ID...

Hi,

thanx - but i was looking for a script-command, not the GUI.

I found a solution. In Debug-Cam-Mode the Compass is off.

So, If you use the DebugCam-Variable (BIS_DEBUG_CAM) in a Camerascript, you can switch the Compass OFF during the sequence.

cu

SerialMum

Alt+Shift+H in the latest versions, allows changing of modes, restart and turning off

Ooof, nice feature, doesn't seem to work in mp though, playing on lingor evo that is. Same key bindings seems to save weapons loadout instead. (Weapons loadoat saving is usually done by standing up and then hitting G).

New release is out with Celle 2, Ovaron, and Bearrocks support.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files

;2135943']Ooof' date=' nice feature, doesn't seem to work in mp though, playing on lingor evo that is. Same key bindings seems to save weapons loadout instead. (Weapons loadoat saving is usually done by standing up and then hitting G).[/quote']

Sounds like a conflict with a specific mission, which isn't something we can avoid.

I really appreciate this addon. However I have a slight problem. Occasionally the HUD disappears. This seems to occur when I die and revert to a saved point earlier in the same mission. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, is there a workaround?