Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Somebody give his favorite "football" (As an American I HAVE to qoute that word. Nothing personal ;) ) team a cold please. Nothing serious, just enough to have them postpone the next game for a week or so. Also what happened to my weather machine? It's supposed to only be sunny on weekends!

it's ok. season is over now, got the trophy last saturday http://boropics.fotopic.net/p64447001.html

got a cup final at Wembley this coming saturday though, times are good.

When its all over hopefully will have time to get some more work on this if the weather stays how it is. (been working on making the hole in the wall better and doing some variations in size/ shape of holes in different walls).

Yup, looking forward to an update on this project highly anticipated ! :D

Arb, Im confused OFFT i know, but do you play for stevenage borough? or just a fan?

LOL just a fan.

I hope this isn't dead, we finally get some great British kit and the map seemingly perfect for British scenarios is MIA. :butbut:

hey arb seeing as tho i dont have a lot of time i was thinking why dont you use the objects that come with oa for walls and such because i think this map of yours is really anticipated

just my 2 cents

DF

Yeah no worries will do, I havent got OA yet. will save loads of time though

i really dont have the time or the patience to make the models anymore and maybe arb got a bit dishartend with it all but i am sure he wont give up such a wonderful map

just my thoughs on it

Should be getting Op Arrowhead tomorrow, will have a play with it and then get back to the map using the objects from it. to time consuming making all the buildings, walls etc i'm afraid :(

Good luck arb! Can't wait to see this map finished! :)

great news cheers arb

looking at it I will probably switch all ground textures and vegitation over to the oa ones so its consistant with the other oa islands, are there poppies in oa?? :)

looking at it I will probably switch all ground textures and vegitation over to the oa ones so its consistant with the other oa islands, are there poppies in oa?? :)

I wouldn't switch over all vegetation. To be honest. The trees(besides the Evergreens) look HORRIBLE in OA. But its up to you really.

And there are some sort of poppy flowers in OA, not that tall though.

Good to see you considering the OA assets Arb!

Theres a good range of excellent quality buildings and associated otherstuff - spot on for the general culture and ambience of your terrain... and using them leaves you more time to concentrate on the Landscape, Vegetation and Clutter, which, for the Green Zone, could and should be noticably different from Takistan...

The OA assets are awesome for this style of map - use them heavily and let your creativity loose on the landscape and textures themselves....

B

Looking forward to seeing some progress shots :)

Excellent, I'll take a look when it arrives tomorrow!

x2 !!!

Ah! This map with OA stuff will be amazing :D

Good luck arb

yeah walkable buildings in such a beautifull landscape as greenzone makes a possibility for some great missions.

hope the mailman wont forget to bring his copy of OA today :)

yeah walkable buildings in such a beautifull landscape as greenzone makes a possibility for some great missions.

hope the mailman wont forget to bring his copy of OA today :)

its arrived, yet to install it :)

YAY! Can't wait for this Arb. I'm sure everyone in the community will join me in saying that this is a long awaited map and we all have the confidence in you that it will be one of the best maps to date.