Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

Well i speak for myself and proberly arb we do not want to rush this out Quality over Quanity:yay: gonna try add textures today but it makes me very unhappy trying to texture stuff ;)

itrs not the whole texturing its the uv mapping i have been shown how to do it by a great man;) but it dont work for me :D

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Started work on a stall this morning just thought i would show you what i have so far, Again any comments on how to improve are apppricated

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x272/darkfenix19/afghan/

itrs not the whole texturing its the uv mapping i have been shown how to do it by a great man;) but it dont work for me :D

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Started work on a stall this morning just thought i would show you what i have so far, Again any comments on how to improve are apppricated

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x272/darkfenix19/afghan/

Excellent, keep getting better :)

Looks great DarkFenix :) Glad to see the good collaboration between the two of you!

Nicely done; Very glad you guys joined forces. With combined efforts it will be a beauty ;)

Dunno if you considered adding small details such as cementaries like this one? Find them extremly interresting..

http://www.isaf.wp.mil.pl/pl/4_610.html

If you're doing a stall you have to to the rest as well :D

http://www.isaf.wp.mil.pl/pl/4_511.html

Keep it up guys

i am having real trouble uv mapping and texturing and its doing my head in:j: Gonna make about 2-3 edits of this stall just so you know i wont be hand modeling a 1000 diffrent stalls

Edited by DarkFenix100

ive got a lot on and while i really dont want to (or know how to in 02) uv map the stall i cud probably help with a simple texture, assuming its mainly wood and fabrics right?

wood,fabric and mud and dirt this project needs a few more skilled people helping, Because i think we are all waiting in baited breath for the release but at the minute its just arb and myself working on this project, and i am still very new to the whole modeling aspect of stuff

wood,fabric and mud and dirt this project needs a few more skilled people helping, Because i think we are all waiting in baited breath for the release but at the minute its just arb and myself working on this project, and i am still very new to the whole modeling aspect of stuff

We just finished working on RH's ACE-compatibility weapons, if you want we're more than available to do all the testing, meaning the very boring "walk everywhere, test everything".

I am an average O2 user as well, in case you need help with it.

This island is too good to let it down, with the right team work it could become the new Avgani!

well i cant speak for arb but a beta test is a while off:) back to my book to learn how to uv map lol:yay:

Edited by DarkFenix100
Lol i fail

Wow I really appreciate the hard work you and Arb are putting into this map. I really hope it turns out well.

If you dont mind, arb, could you post some screenshots of populated areas. Areas with villages, towns, and such. That would be great. :)

Nicely done; Very glad you guys joined forces. With combined efforts it will be a beauty ;)

Dunno if you considered adding small details such as cementaries like this one? Find them extremly interresting..

Keep it up guys

Like this> still a lot of work needing on it...

burial.jpg?t=1270052233

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Wow I really appreciate the hard work you and Arb are putting into this map. I really hope it turns out well.

If you dont mind, arb, could you post some screenshots of populated areas. Areas with villages, towns, and such. That would be great. :)

No villages in place yet as we don't have any completed buildings/ walls.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Agree, we have got a hell of a lot of work to do on this one to get it how we want it.

Very interesting devolepment :D arb check ur pm

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

i Would like to welcome Aeneas2020 to the team :yay:

good work guys..i know with Aeneas2020 you guys should be good to go! he's a great addon maker from what i hear!

oh awesome, aeneas2020 on board? This is going to be like...the A-Team

Finally managed to track down my copy of max (the double edged sword of having a 1TB external HD)...so i should be good to go.

hey lads hope u guys are gonna make something similar to the patrol base line north of Gereshk would love that since its the area i operate in atm:P if u want i can take some pictures of the area... its VERY green right now... with alot of opium plants and fields filled with IEDs..

but pm me if u lot are interested in that

dk

I'd say nobody reading this thread would complain about the lack of 2 second updates on the progress of this awesome map. Given I'd say most of the readers like me haven't the slightest clue about 3d modelling, let alone uv mapping, nobody has the right to complain about a pause in updates while someone up-skills to make the addon everyone's waiting for an even better thing to anticipate... :D

I say take your time with the updates, I'm so hot to trot over this map that another update might just give me an anticipation related coronary. The fact that the reason is you're learning something most of us wouldn't have the slightest clue how to do just makes it all the more excusable.

Can't wait for this one. :yay: