eble

Southy's Arma2 conversions

fanboy = good

I understand that English is not your first language, but fanboy is not a positive term.

Haha okay, what ever you guys say... I'm out of this discussion as it leads nowhere except to derail Eble's topic. Keep up the good community, eh.

Are you serious?

You swan into someone else's thread while whinging about your own, deride all the positive comments Southy has recieve as fanboy talk and then wonder why nobody likes you. :confused:

Keep up the good work Southy. I for one enjoyed tearing up Sahrani in your F-15E conversion in Arma1.

Completely agree. What exactly qualifies us to be fanboys just because we are keen to see Eble release these planes?

Personally I think anyone who derides an addon ported across from OFP because it isn't spot on perfect and doesn't meet the latest Arma 2 quality standards is being totally unreasonable. Variety is a good thing, and surely it is better to have the option of using them than none at all.

Gnat;1563151']Great to see Southy !!

I won't give a list of my favourites ..... until you finish these LOL ;)

same er and nice to see your still workin on tham m8 keep it up :)

Hey Eble!

Will some of the planes include new weaponry? (thinking of AIM-7 and AIM-120 for the Tomcat...)

Dear Eble,

Your work is truly amazing.

May I humbly request you make the F/A-15 in a two seater version , so I can finish making my behind enemy lines movie.

Thanks!

Dear Eble,

Your work is truly amazing.

May I humbly request you make the F/A-15 in a two seater version , so I can finish making my behind enemy lines movie.

Thanks!

He already is. He said he is doing an 2 F-15 variants. the "Charlie" and the "Echo". The F-15E is a 2 seater aircraft. Nicknamed the F-15E Strike Eagle.

uh. That picture won't last long. An F/A-18 is in the works. It will be released under several different mods I believe.

@loosebruce

You want an F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet or the F/A-18 A/B, C/D version? The former is under construction, the latter is not as far as I know.

fine tuning the HUD on the F-14 so I made a quick movie of it:

excuse the cheesy music etc, sorry but the F-14 will forever be linked to topgun :)

Watch it in high def to see the HUD properly.

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8NKiDabuo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8NKiDabuo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

LOL, sweet. I could almost hear Maverick and Iceman reeling off macho one liners and pretending they didn't fancy each other.

Also cool to see the enemy was the Mig 29.

LOL, sweet. I could almost hear Maverick and Iceman reeling off macho one liners and pretending they didn't fancy each other.

Also cool to see the enemy was the Mig 29.

What you don't know that was my fourth attempt to get that movie all the other times the AI split up with one Mig29 always on my tail, meaning I was dead.

:)

just watch that last kill the Ai was coming at me inverted!

I would like the F/A 18 which has tandem seats (2 seats) which is Recon/Bomber/CAS role.

What version is that?

Hi Eble,

love the work you do there.

A little suggestion for you which could make your work a little (really only a little) easier:

since you're porting a lot of planes, i guess it would be a good idea to move all weapon systems (missiles, bombs, cannons) into a separate addon, like i did with the F-16 and the GLT_Missilebox. This way you'll need only once to create each weapontype which you can use then through all your planes addons.

Besides the fact that this would reduce your work on each plane (weapons already exist ready-to-use), other addonmakers might use your weaponbox also.

I will be slowly moving these addons to a Arma2 proxy system, first up I wanted to get them released so people can use them.

I also want to make them IAWS compatible.

***Newsflash*** IkaR's F-14 is having it shadows corrected for release (Was hoping to offload it yesterday, but I had offer of help from Wld of Project Racs - mate your the best.

The Mig-29 is also closing on on release, you might have noticed in the F-14 HUD movie, it currently has a texture issue under the canopy glass stopping it's release and a few very minor cfg errors.

I hope to have both these jets out this week.

Southy

some updates for the F14.

I have revised the normal/spec maps and toned down the supershader.

F14IRarma2.jpg

F14IR2arma2.jpg

F14USNarma2.jpg

The US secretly sent the last 24 F14's overseas rather than send them to the scrap yard...

RACS skins thanks to GI Joe

F14racsA2.jpg

Edited by Eble

F-14 is great.

Any news about MIG-29? Can You make Polish airforce skin?2856171.jpg

Edited by Killer1986rr