eble

Southy's Arma2 conversions

Gnat;1578913']Fair point on tweaking the config Southy' date=' but I guess I will just mention that we can't tweak the GEO LOD weight.[/quote']

I've been testing a revised GEo load at 23,000 and also given he F14 Flapailerons? basically the back wings also act as ailerons this has reduced the need for excessive cfg tweaking for performance.

I'm much more satisfied with the result, the weight made a big difference.

I'll be releasing the revised F14 tonight/tomorrow it will have the legacy paint option refer to the release thread.

for you lazy buggers it looks a little like this...

F14legacy.jpg

@Rayers12 sorry mate I can't convert aliens.

I quite understand the pleasure you got flying those fast movers for I had spent so much time in a virtual cockpit during those 30 last years ^^.

But, I think that we need slow, low flying prop aircraft for the game like Embraer EMB-​​314 Super Tucano, Hawker Beechcraft AT-​​6 Texan or Pilatus PC-​​9M.

I quite understand the pleasure you got flying those fast movers for I had spent so much time in a virtual cockpit during those 30 last years ^^.

But, I think that we need slow, low flying prop aircraft for the game like Embraer EMB-​​314 Super Tucano, Hawker Beechcraft AT-​​6 Texan or Pilatus PC-​​9M.

The Mohawk OV-1c has been ported to ArmA 2, real cool slow mover and several different variations!! You might enjoy that!

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

oh meant to mention, good work Eble on the conversions man!! When I'm done with current project I gotta give them a go!!

The Mohawk OV-1c has been ported to ArmA 2, real cool slow mover and several different variations!! You might enjoy that!

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

oh meant to mention, good work Eble on the conversions man!! When I'm done with current project I gotta give them a go!!

Where??

Sounds good Southy.

Yeh, even the B52 with realistic weight flys like it *generally* should.

on and kind of off topic....do weight percentages work per selection or is it best for giving the whole model the weight? they all seem to add up to the whole (I noticed sometimes first selection will take more then it should after you have applied a new weight and rest of the models are off, so fixed that and they equiv-elate).

F-111 seems to be "too agile" to say the least. I'm working with Eble on this as well, but just encountered this. Had it at 45,000kg and seems too "twisty" and i can bank better then an A-10 "slightly" from my perception..but fun.

@SirSmok@lot

Yes, total weight PLUS where that weight is on the model. ie if you have very little in the wings / wingtips then it will spin too easy. Or not enough in the nose and tail, it will pitch too easy.

Its also these parameters in the config

aileronSensitivity

elevatorSensitivity

@Gnat

aaaaaaaa-Ha! can you see a hundred light bulbs going off above my head??? Much appreciated, for the all the help both on the forums and with the Tut's...my god they helped plenty!

@Darkhorse

OV1c was mentioned as compatible mods from ArmA to ArmA 1 thread.

Here's the link to it here in the forums:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92186

Of course I know about the OV-1c Mohawk... and about the OV10 Bronco since the initial release for ArmA by CheyenneAh56 for I have posted news and hosted these addons on Armed Assault.info.

But if these addons have been tweaked for a best ingame use in ArmA by the Project RACS [PRACS Mohawk (v 2) ] or by PMC [PMC OV10 Bronco (v 1.0), PMC OV1 Mohawk (v 1.0)] no project has appeared to port them to ArmA 2.

Speaking about CheyenneAh56, he has also released a nice L-159A for ArmA2. I believe that this model can be an good base for a small multi-roles fighter/bomber, but it need some work for better use in-game

So base exists for building up a small low budget Air Force to be played on Isla Duala or some other non European maps ... I dream for a Piper or a Maule with 2 rockets pods ... but who will get the challenge and try the downgrade path as everybody seems to look for the stronger, faster, bigger ...

Edited by Old Bear

Stronger, faster, bigger? I don't think that's always the best case. A small, agile aircraft can do anything a larger fight/strike aircraft can do, except it can do it lower, while evading more missiles because it's flying below the treeline :D

@SirSmok@lot: I knew about the PMC release but it's only for ArmA 1. They haven't released it for ArmA 2 yet. I've also tried plugging the normal Mohawk into the game but it has a bunch of bugs that need fixing. Including an issue with the EW pod and I think something was up with not being able to see through the cockpit glass, along iwth a bunch of smaller stuff I can't recall. Great aircraft in ArmA 1 though.

I've already played and hosted these on a server, no problems I noticed so far attributed to them. That's why they are on the compatible for ArmA 2 thread. Had a quite some fun.....I think you fellas read me wrong...was saying they work in ArmA 2 not new.

Also sorry for getting off topic Eble!

Edited by NutzMcKracken

low budget Air Force mmmm one aircraft come's to mind the Super Tucano i think one was dun for OFP