eble

Southy's Arma2 conversions

Hi All,

I thought as I was getting closer to release for various addons it was time to make a thread and start posting some screen shots.

Firstly, I will point out the only thing I do is convert existing addons, all the hard work was always done by the original addon makers, I have simply tried where possible to convert them for Arma2.

I do this basically on my own with the help of a few community members for either textures or scripting help.

This is basically a hobby of mine and I do this in my spare time, all the addons mentioned have got prior permission from the original addon makers.

I know a few people will not like these addons as they are in the most part based on OFP addons, people will moan the fact the models are wrong or just old etc, thats fine I'm cool with that, until arma2 quality replacement are produced I see no reason not to convert my personal favourite OFP addons.

Now with that out the way....

The release schedule so far will be roughly as follows:

Footmunch's F4E

Footmunch's F15C/E

IkaR's F14

and several others, more info to follow as they get closer to release.

Footmunch's F4E Wild Weasel package

weapons:

3 x mk84 bombs

2 x CBU fully working cluster bombs (script credits to Franze)

2 x Harm misslies Air to ground

4 x Sparrow Missiles Air to Air

FFAR x 28 Rnds

Normal maps reduced and super shader toned down to give a more matt metal finish.

F4arma2.jpg

F4camoarma2.jpg

I'll keep updating screenshots as I go along, an early IkaR F14 shot:

F14arma2.jpg

Edited by Eble

F15E (Footmunch's)

F15arma2.jpg

and an Iranian F14 (IkaR's) I've still to tone down the super shader on this version :)

F14Arma2iran.jpg

Eble, Any chance you could convert Footmunch's old A-1 Skyraider? I'm making a small Korean War mod pack and the A-1 would be awesome for both Vietnam and Korean War missions. Plus Footmunch's plane was just insanely awesome to fly and had an awesome thundering radial engine sound and massive weapon loadout.

Other Footmunch planes useful for a wide variety of mods: Mig-23/27s, F-5 Tiger II, Mig-17, Bucaneer, Jaguar, and the Mig-29.

One forgotten Footmunch plane is his A-26 Invader that he made for OFP:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10375

a26_pic1.jpg

This plane would be useful for a ton of different mods including Vietnam, Korean and Portuguese/Angolan War mods (which one mod group is doing in ArmA2).

It would be something special to bring that old warbird back to life in ArmA2.

At any rate, what you've converted so far look amazing. The updated shaders and features you have added by the way are truly worthy of Ikar's and Footmunch's excellent work.

Maximum respect to you, Ikar, and Footmunch.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Miles, I think the Skyraider already exists with the VTE mod, if not let me know.

20 mins later :) (very basic conversion, many many hours before it could be released)

B26Arma2.jpg

Vary nice to hear. Like seeing this, with the addons brought over to ArmA 2 with out starting all over on the addon makers part. Any thoughts on Franze F/A-18E? Would love to see this bird in ArmA 2 with its weapon load.

Vary nice to hear. Like seeing this, with the addons brought over to ArmA 2 with out starting all over on the addon makers part. Any thoughts on Franze F/A-18E? Would love to see this bird in ArmA 2 with its weapon load.

The F/A 18 Franze created for arma1 has some insane amount of coding for those weapons, it wouldn't be something I would want/could port over, it's very complex.

However Franze's F/A 18 model you might well see in future ;) (not from me)

lets just say this jet is already on it's way to arma2 :) (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93294)

Edited by Eble

Hi there!

Great to see F15 being converted to A2. I used it a lot in A1. One thing though that bothered me in A1 is that the sight for gun was a bit off. Is that possible to fix here?

Hi there!

Great to see F15 being converted to A2. I used it a lot in A1. One thing though that bothered me in A1 is that the sight for gun was a bit off. Is that possible to fix here?

It should be fixed in this version, I'm having to move all the positions of the pilots anyway.

Hopefully the first alpha release isn't far off.

Southy

Ya iv been watching the ADF mode with the F/A-18 and all there goods lately. Franze F/A-18 was one of an kind, as most addons are. Nice work on doing this keep it going.

I just spotted this thread and smiled. :)

Been hoping for these birds to get ported over at some point. I used to love 'Footmunch Friday' back in OFP days. Great to hear that they won't be going to waste, even if the models are slightly out of date. They will certainly get plenty of use from me.

Also, I must agree with Miles about converting the Russian planes as well. In particular the Mig 27 and 29 would fill a big gap in the Opfor airforce.

Thanks for your efforts Eble.

I just spotted this thread and smiled. :)

Been hoping for these birds to get ported over at some point. I used to love 'Footmunch Friday' back in OFP days. Great to hear that they won't be going to waste, even if the models are slightly out of date. They will certainly get plenty of use from me.

Also, I must agree with Miles about converting the Russian planes as well. In particular the Mig 27 and 29 would fill a big gap in the Opfor airforce.

Thanks for your efforts Eble.

Vits Mig-29 is not forgotten:

Four versions, Russian, Iranian, Iraqi and Syrian

As for converting the Mig23/27 I know that the RACS team is already working on those with the Su-24 so I won't be releasing any of those addons.

I have a few more I'm working on but no more guessing it's taking the fun out of it :)

mig29arma2.jpg

mig29arma2side.jpg

Vary nice to hear about that mig-29 also. Vary nice all around, i know its a little work on getting units into ArmA 2, but you think that maybe you could import PKW pilots into ArmA 2? This would be vary nice to have. Here is an link for them http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2882 Vary nice units they are. Would go vary well with the import pack of jets you are doing.

Edited by 1in1class
need

eble i converted mig29 but i cant figure it out why when its shot down it sinks into ground got many things to work with arma2 just cant figure that out although i just got my self into learning about this game recently

Edited by SuperRat

Hi southy,

nice job on converting those planes. realy! however I have a question: could you include a cdf version of the mig29? I think that this would realy complete the cdf jet assortment. plz :)

I know a few people will not like these addons as they are in the most part based on OFP addons, people will moan the fact the models are wrong or just old etc, thats fine I'm cool with that, until arma2 quality replacement are produced I see no reason not to convert my personal favourite OFP addons.

When I ported the BIS Apache my topic was spammed with trash talk pages and pages worth. Its ... well sort of interesting to see that you are in your way of FANBOY talk pages and pages worth as it stands now.

I guess there is just something in my or PMC name that what ever it is we do in the community, we get trashed. Sad but true.

Being on topic; I love your devotion to bringing some OFP models over, as you just said in what I quoted, no reason why not converting your favorite addons. Stay cool man :)

Thanks and respect, keep the fire burning, I'm fresh out...

When I ported the BIS Apache my topic was spammed with trash talk pages and pages worth. Its ... well sort of interesting to see that you are in your way of FANBOY talk pages and pages worth as it stands now.

I guess there is just something in my or PMC name that what ever it is we do in the community, we get trashed. Sad but true.

Being on topic; I love your devotion to bringing some OFP models over, as you just said in what I quoted, no reason why not converting your favorite addons. Stay cool man :)

Thanks and respect, keep the fire burning, I'm fresh out...

I had the same with the Kiowa mate, I got a fair bit of spam for converting that.

My personal thoughts were I'd rather have a basic kiowa than none at all.

To some in this community thats unacceptable it has to be great/perfect or we shouldn't have it at all.

When these are released, it's a personal preference download them if you want to have options and fun, don't if your looking for 100% perfect/real world models.

@FLv*VeNoM* I had a major data loss which stopped further work on the Mig-29 for other nations otherthan Russia, Iran, Syria and Iraq, I'm trying to get the original textures again so we can look at additional nations... more to come on this I guess.

@1in1class - sorry mate I've stayed well clear of soldier conversions, I find it hard enough to get my head round, jets/helicopters with the odd vehicle thrown it :)

Southy

Edited by Eble

...you are in your way of FANBOY talk pages and pages worth as it stands now...

Are you serious?

You swan into someone else's thread while whinging about your own, deride all the positive comments Southy has recieve as fanboy talk and then wonder why nobody likes you. :confused:

Keep up the good work Southy. I for one enjoyed tearing up Sahrani in your F-15E conversion in Arma1.

Wow! Just found this thread!

Great to see a couple of old familiars turning up back in game! Looking excellent too!

If you're still considering suggestions here's a personal old OFP favourite I'd love to see flying again...

ColTornado.jpg

RAF Tornado Gr.1 v1.2 by Colorchanger

A classic back in the old OFP days, and I just happen to be working on a terrain which covers one of their main training areas ;)

Great work so far! keep it up!

@Eble

I liked the Kiowa! another old fave it was a delight to fly again... dunno if I ever actually said thanks for that one!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Wow! Just found this thread!

Great to see a couple of old familiars turning up back in game! Looking excellent too!

If you're still considering suggestions here's a personal old OFP favourite I'd love to see flying again...

RAF Tornado Gr.1 v1.2 by Colorchanger

A classic back in the old OFP days, and I just happen to be working on a terrain which covers one of their main training areas ;)

Great work so far! keep it up!

@Eble

I liked the Kiowa! another old fave it was a delight to fly again... dunno if I ever actually said thanks for that one!

B

I appreciate everyone has a fav from OFP, I didn't really want to get into a addon request/conversion thread, it's my fault I was a bit drunk and quickly ported the B26 for Miles.

The problem with OFP conversions in the most part is permissions to convert, in most cases these people are either missing in action or unattainable, I know that RKSL is/was making a tornado and the quality of that addon would far exceed a simple OFP port.

I'll be sticking to the jets I converted for Arma1 more or less, I have a few others that were never released for various reasons and these also will make an appearance.

For the most part I'll convert jets that probably will not be seen in Arma2 as a separate addon.

The release schedule is pretty much set as follows:

F4E

F15C/E

F14

Mig29

Once these are out and in beta form, I'll move onto the next batch

Edited by Eble

Are you serious?

Yes. Are you?

deride all the positive comments Southy has recieve as fanboy talk and then wonder why nobody likes you. :confused:

Maybe you don't understand the basics of feedback:

fanboy = good

trashing = bad

Quite simple, eh?

To explain myself even more (what I wouldn't need to do even in the first place), I even helped Eble with his Kiowa porting work, I have not intended or said anything negative towards him. Hope that clears everything up for you and nobody gets wrong impressions of your previous post.

I've decided to bring the release for the F4E forward, head over to the complete section as this addon will be available soon.

Please do not close this thread as I will use it for information of other addons.

Southy

Great to see Southy !!

I won't give a list of my favourites ..... until you finish these LOL ;)

@SM,

Chops comment seems valid to me. The "the worlds against me" text is getting old.

If thats not how you feel, then try re-reading/edit a few posts before you press the submit button.