Sign in to follow this  
Spy17

Please one more patch before resistance!

Also to give us something to make the time pass faster until RESISTANCE.......

Here are my final little complaints for OFP:

Smal grafic bugs:

1. The laser dot of the XMS is black at night. (makes them useless for night missions)

2. The bombs of the A10 get the light from the wrong (opposite) side. (I love the plane)

3. There is a ground texture bug on the west coast of the Malden training island (HB73) that can only be seen from some distance (main island harbour).

4. Add the inventory picture for the laser target designator (the weapon is just great adds a lot to the game)

5. The Guns of BMP2 and M2A2 in dammage display stay white when destroyed.

Gameplay bugs (and/or possible improvements):

6. The MGJeep has no weapon fiew and no zoom (unlike the M2). With this option added it would be a uniqe unit for hit and run attaks against enemy infantery groups at long range.

7. The gunner in the UH60MG  and CH47D still has a dot to aim eaven with crosshairs disabled (Ilove that you can switch it off usually, adds a lot to  the feeling and I lost interrest in all those crosshair games)

8. The M2 should be reloadable by the ammotruck

9. M2, MGJeep, the ships and the two helis should have more ammo.

10. Improve the abilety too manuever a helicopter from the gunners seat. If the gunner (Player) is in command (after switching stations) he shoul be able to controll the heli like a tank (A, W, S, D, E) and the heli should stop if you tell him, eaven if there are enemys present.

11. Add a „land“ and a „fly in height...“ option in the action menu for planes and helis.

12. Helis should stop over the location you order them to. Planes should circle the location.

13. The A10 should sustain more dammage but the engines should shut down if seriously hit (to have a reason and a chance to bail out, like the new ejection seats are so cool).

14. The laser marked targets should be visible from the air at longer distances. The AI shoul be able to release bombs on the first run.

15. It seems the A10 can not lock on the lasertargets (should be possible).

16. It should be possible to leave lights on and motor running when leaving vehicles.

17. Let the AI kneel.

18. The Vulcan gunner cannot move his head without the turrent moving.

19.The M2A2 commander can not look to the side (only up and down).

20. One sort of barrels should explode when destroyed. (the new explosions are just great)

21. The rockets on the BMP´s should be visible.

22. The Hind´s gear should be retractable (it´s such a nice looking chopper).

Addons:

23. Like it is not long until release of RESISTANCE only one thing: A fix MG for the east side it´s not nice to see the soviets use an M2 in the campaign. I never use it in my missions like it looks so wrong (and there is an soviet MG model on the russian boat).

All this to make this great Game eaven better!

(I know it´s a long list. Most important for me are: 6, 10, 23)

I would be happy to hear some statements from the developers wink.gif (great work BI)

Sometimes it helps to know why things are difficult to implement.

Thanx  

Lot's of bug you have found out. You should maybe send this via e-mail, cause I don't think they come in here often. But all of that corrected would improve even more the game indeed. smile.gif

"The M2A2 commander can not look to the side (only up and down)." - He CAN do it. really. but only 90° to the left and right. The gunner must turn the turret to see the other 180°. This is normal.

"22. The Hind´s gear should be retractable (it´s such a nice looking chopper)." - Heli's never retract their gear when flying fairly low.

"15. It seems the A10 can not lock on the lasertargets (should be possible)." - It does.

In general: these are all cosmetic things. There are alot more important things.

Question: What do you mean "by the new ejection seats are so cool"? Are there any new ones?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 08 2002,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think they come in here often.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you still think so?

There are still a couple of bugs, which shouldn't be too difficult to remove, but even though I always notice them when playing I can never rememeber them when I visit this forum sad.gif

A couple I do remember (in order of importance):

Sounds: The sounds are brilliant (at least through my Audigy to my 7 speaker Home Cinema setup) but footsteps are a bit too loud. I can always tell when someones about by the sound of thier feet and even their breath. In fact all the sounds are the right volume up close but don't lose that volume enough as you move away.

The lack of muzzle flash on the M2 machine gun.

Another possible bug - I'm not too sure - is that you often need to shoot someone 3 or 4 times with a sniper rifle to kill them.

If you reaed this can you give me some feed back on these points? Even if it's just to say nothing is planned.

Cheers.

Eastern counterpart for M2 machine gun would be called DshK (or something like that). Only new skin for MG...

Other good thing would be frontal supporters for PK and M-60. Would reduce recoil thus making it easier to aim long bursts. Naturally preparing the mg would take longer, but effective leverage on defensive missions and fire support missions.

1. Vehicle Gunner Lock - When I board a vehicle (Tanks/APCs) as a gunner, quite often the turret is completely locked. I cannot move it horizontally nor vertically. I'm not sure whether this occurs on Cadet, but I only play the game on Veteran with everything disabled but Super AI. On multiplayer games I've noticed some people get stuck like that too, so I don't think this problem is occuring only to me. NOTE: This bug doesn't happen all the time, I'd say 40% of the time.

2. Sliding Vehicles - When I place empty vehicles, or AI vehicles on even a tiny little slope, the stopped vehicle has a tendency of constantly sliding. This movement is very slow, but when you increase time to 4X it is more easily noticable. Vehicles continue moving until they hit flat ground. I have noticed this with Tanks, APCs, Shilkas and Vulcans - both when empty and manned by AI. I haven't noticed trucks or cars though.

3. No crosshair on Boats/Vehicles on Veteran - This is more of a complaint rather than bug. When playing the game in Veteran mode, with everything disabled (including Weapons crosshair) you completely lose crosshairs even when inside vehicles. You do see crosshair when flying choppers and airplanes, but not when you drive the boat/land vehicles. This is extremely annoying as you do not know where you mouse is, which makes driving very unpleasant. If the Veteran option says "Weapon Crosshair" meaning only that should be disabled, not crosshair in vehilcles.

4. Choppers should fly just like planes, in MSL altitudes, not AGL when the game is in Veteran mode. Game has a strong sense of arcade-style flying when choppers maintain their altitude over terrain. In Veteran mode this should be disabled.

The XMS does not have a laser sight, it has a red dot sight. The red dot is projected onto the reticle inside the scope, it shouldn't be visible in red from a third-person view.

i agree that vehicles should have crosshairs even in veteran mode, while it detracts from realism it also adds to gameplay value since we DON'T have true 3-d by which to help us aim. when the day comes that i can aim like i do IRL then there will be no point to having any crosshairs, of course there should be an option for those that want everything off.

one small bug i found is that when i have the nostromo speedpad by belkin hooked up i can't use my joystick cause the game takes the speedpad as the default joystick. it would be nice to have an option to choose a particular joystick but compared to the netcode (which will be fixed yipeee!wink.gif the above might as well be a rant from a luantic.  wow.gif

oh yeah to edit this post i need to add that i can't use the default keyboard keys x and c to turn the chopper when i'm using a joystick. it's a weird problem which goes away once i move the mouse, as soon as i stop moving the mouse and go back to joystick the buttons stop working again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ April 08 2002,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you still think so?<span id='postcolor'>

We knew u visit this forum pretty often.

only n00bs don't know that tounge.gif

I wish they would fix the grenades to have timed fuses set at a random 4-7 seconds. Regular grenades do not explode on impact with the ground!

I wish the M-60 and PK were more accurate. This includes the co-axial MGs for all tanks, they are horribly inaccurate. I should know, I have used real MGs before. (FN MAG)

I wish there was more than just 500 rounds for the co-axial Machine Gun on a tank or fighting vehicle. Real tanks and fighting vehicles have thousands of rounds of ammo for the co-axial Machine Gun.

I also wish Sabot rounds would not explode! They are just DU darts for sanity's sake!

I wish that the 40mm grenades would take up only 1 space on the inventory for a soldier, they are smaller than regular grenades in real life.

I wish there was a real sight for the M-240 and Russian grenade launchers, it would make them useful.

These are just some suggestions that I hope and pray to be addressed, I do not think any of them will detract the gameplay at all but add to it to make things more interesting in OFP.

IMO, the community would love to see some more improvements, who wouldn't?

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ April 08 2002,14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 08 2002,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think they come in here often.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you still think so?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, no thinking. wink.gif Just that you don't post much or it take some time before you show up that you are alive. smile.gif

4. Add the inventory picture for the laser target designator (the weapon is just great adds a lot to the game)

I'd be happy if they added an inventory pic for the Strella launcher. It's been there right from the beginning, and still has no pic.  confused.gif (Again I add that this is a small bug when you look at the amazing complexity and enjoyability of the game).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 08 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. Vehicle Gunner Lock - When I board a vehicle (Tanks/APCs) as a gunner, quite often the turret is completely locked.  I cannot move it horizontally nor vertically.  I'm not sure whether this occurs on Cadet, but I only play the game on Veteran with everything disabled but Super AI.  On multiplayer games I've noticed some people get stuck like that too, so I don't think this problem is occuring only to me.  NOTE:  This bug doesn't happen all the time, I'd say 40% of the time.<span id='postcolor'>

I know this occurs if the tank commander (or is it driver?) is turned out, I couldn't figure that one out at first. Is this the case when you experience this bug?

For addons, like to see some AK's with optics, and yes, a proper Russian .50 (DShK) would be nice indeed.

my main bug complaint is that i am no longer able to use a button on my joystick to raise lower height, and thats really weak since the throtle in ofp is very sensitive, and the flight dynamics arnt good enough to use a throtle, if it had ms flightsim dynamics, it would be better.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 08 2002,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4. Add the inventory picture for the laser target designator (the weapon is just great adds a lot to the game)

I'd be happy if they added an inventory pic for the Strella launcher. It's been there right from the beginning, and still has no pic.  confused.gif (Again I add that this is a small bug when you look at the amazing complexity and enjoyability of the game).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 08 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. Vehicle Gunner Lock - When I board a vehicle (Tanks/APCs) as a gunner, quite often the turret is completely locked.  I cannot move it horizontally nor vertically.  I'm not sure whether this occurs on Cadet, but I only play the game on Veteran with everything disabled but Super AI.  On multiplayer games I've noticed some people get stuck like that too, so I don't think this problem is occuring only to me.  NOTE:  This bug doesn't happen all the time, I'd say 40% of the time.<span id='postcolor'>

I know this occurs if the tank commander (or is it driver?) is turned out, I couldn't figure that one out at first. Is this the case when you experience this bug?

For addons, like to see some AK's with optics, and yes, a proper Russian .50 (DShK) would be nice indeed.<span id='postcolor'>

Now that I think about it you're right ! Even though the vehicle I boarded as a gunner was empty, I had previously driven it while turned out, so when I got out, the hatch remained open. Thanks dude.

It would be nice to see an option to set how long tire tracks would last, Then missions could be made with your objective to track a vehicle. Footprints would be better, but since there are none, longer tire marks would do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">17. Let the AI kneel.

<span id='postcolor'>

I think that it would be really cool.

99% of the above mentioned things are a must. I support most of them. Especially AI kneeling would enable a lot more atmosphere.

There are some features regarding tanks that I really would like to see being implemented or tweaked:

-Tank commanding is pretty easy in most tanks but when playing tank commander in the Bradley, I have huge difficulties to even get an small overview of whats happening around me withough switching to third person view. The main problem is that the bradley has no 360° cupola for commander like the t-80 for an example. I'm not suggestion to add an increased field of view for the commander as in real-life this limit might indeed be the case. Instead I'm for adding a completly new feature. When commanding a infantry squad you can command soldiers to watch a specific direction (the mouse cursor transforms when holding another key and you simply have to click to the position where you want them to look at), so why not allow tank commanders to do the same for the turret gunner. In the case of the bradley the commander could order the gunner to turn the turret and would therefore be able to look in the direction he wants.

In my oppinion this is a vital feature for all players that mostly play in first person. This should also be possible when the commander is "turned out".

-Another issue regarding the bradley is the fact that it originally is an amphibious apc. Currently it sinks like a stone, though. I would really like to see the bradley to be an amphibious unit.

-When moving around with an tank platoon there is often the case that one of your tanks gets shot down leaving a few of the crew injured but alive. In such cases the whole movement speed of the platoon is crippled as the infantry moves very slow and if injured mostly can only crawl. I would suggest to give all of the MBTs another spare seat inside. This seat could simply be the position of the loader which most tanks lack as a crew member anyways in op:fp. I'm not suggesting to give the tanks 4 crew members by default as this would most likely screw up a lot of missions where the max. squadlimit would be exceeded. Just allow personal to use this spare seats (1 per tank) as a "ride in back" option.

-The generel movement behaviour of all tanks/apcs seems more like a wheeled vehicle than a track unit. I would like to see more direct control about speed decrease and better behaviour when climbing hills (in terms of more horse power). A tank can come to an immediate stop in no-time and I don't really think that those huge speed decrease times in op:fp are needed.

What I would suggest is to add another bindable key to the game: breaking. This would let any sort of vehicle or tank come to a full stop asap. Currently the only real way to decrease speed is to hold the "back" key, which is very time consumming at a certain speed. I don't mean to replace the "back" key as the option to simply decrease speed should still be possible, but I would like to see a break key for immediate (at least faster) stops.

-Another thing with the tanks that really annoyed me is the way to high viewport of the M113 driver. If you want to drive without the "sight" view (toggled by the same button that lets you aim through scope etc..) you can only see a few meters in front of you and have no superior field of view like in the m60 or abrams. Driving without being "sighted" in is very useful as you can look at the sides while driving but with this limited field of view its almost useless right now. Please lower the viewport so that you can look more horizontal and are not limited to the area directly in front of you. Same goes for the Hummer view port by the way, where looking through the side window is almost impossible.

-Staying with the M113s; In my oppinion the capacity of the troops that can "ride in back" is way to low. There is still some space that simply can't be used as a sit right now, but modifying this to allow a few more infantry men to mount the m113 would be great. You did something similar to the Hind in the last patch, if I recall correctly. Furthermore I want to point out that the vulcan still is off centre when swimming, meaning that one part is deeper in the water than the rest, making the vulcan look weird when amphibious.

-One last thing, which is rather unlikely due to the engine I have to admit, but still an idea I want to bring up, is to give tank commanders an top mounted machine gun to shoot with. I know that there can't be more than one gunner right now, but I'm wondering if its really that difficult to implement a commander controlled, top-mounted weapon. I mean, commanders already control the rotation of the cupola. Adding an mg to that cupola could really be interesting. Tank commanders should only be able to use this machine gun when turned out though, kinda balancing this out. Only exceptions would be the M60 tank which normally has a machine gun mounted directly into the cupola which can be operated from the inside, and the bmp apcs, which should not get top mounted machine guns at all. Of course only tank with commanders will be given an extra machine gun.

That's all for know. I would really like to hear some feedback directly from BIS about what I just suggested. Please think about it, these ideas are all well though about and in no-way uber complicated to implement.

Here's my list:

I wish that Humvee's armor is reduced, it's WAY too tough

I wish they change the BMP model(s) to the demo one with rocket

When you get out of the boat you are being placed far from the boat, it's hard to make good beach missions because of this.

I also wish that machine guns (M-60,PK) were more accurate

I wish that weapons in Mi-24 Hind were more accurate and powerful

I wish hey change the East M2 model to the one in Russian boat

I wish that G36a's power is reduced, one shot one kill is not realistic

I wish they add at least one scoped assault rifle for Russians

This topic indeed has lots of good additions that would make the game more realistic and enjoyable. Since these are only small additions, I guess, it shouldn't be so hard for BIS' elite coders biggrin.gif.

OFP is still in my three best games list even if no addons are made (Thief series/OFP/Half-Life).

I wish that BIS would release the source code.

Their game development hasn't been open source -type,

but it certainly has been open.

Open to new ideas and comments and corrections.

"You may say I'm a dreamer"

- John Lennon

biggrin.gif

Upping default crew loadouts would screw up most missions. Max unit limit of 12 men per squad could not be maintained.

for example a 4 tank platoon would not be possible anymore. max would be 3 tanks due to the extra man per tank.

Refer to my reply for an alternate solution.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ April 08 2002,14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 08 2002,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think they come in here often.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you still think so?<span id='postcolor'>

Nice to see Suma show up. Comments are welcome! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 08 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The M2A2 commander can not look to the side (only up and down)." - He CAN do it. really. but only 90° to the left and right. The gunner must turn the turret to see the other 180°. This is normal.<span id='postcolor'>

Interresting to know. Thanx.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 08 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"22. The Hind´s gear should be retractable (it´s such a nice looking chopper)." - Heli's never retract their gear when flying fairly low.<span id='postcolor'>

It shure is not important but would be nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 08 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"15. It seems the A10 can not lock on the lasertargets (should be possible)." - It does.<span id='postcolor'> No you can not lock the lasertargets with the Maverik. If you "paint" a house with the laser neather you nor the AI can get targetlock for the Maverik.  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 08 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Question: What do you mean "by the new ejection seats are so cool"? Are there any new ones?<span id='postcolor'> Yes since some patch(1.30?) pilots are ejecting from planes not only dropping like before. OFP is the only simulation existing where you can head back home on foot after your Plane/chopper crashed. So the chances for you to survive after beeing shot down should be increased. The engines of the planes should cut off when damaged and helis should take some time before they explode on the ground to give you a chance to get away!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ April 08 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"In general: these are all cosmetic things. There are alot more important things.<span id='postcolor'> I know these are (mostly) "cosmetic" things but that´s why I think they could/should be changed bevore RESISTANCE.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 08 2002,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The XMS does not have a laser sight, it has a red dot sight. The red dot is projected onto the reticle inside the scope, it shouldn't be visible in red from a third-person view.<span id='postcolor'>I knowbut the red dot still should not be black at night!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 09 2002,03:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4. Add the inventory picture for the laser target designator (the weapon is just great adds a lot to the game)

I'd be happy if they added an inventory pic for the Strella launcher. It's been there right from the beginning, and still has no pic.  confused.gif (Again I add that this is a small bug when you look at the amazing complexity and enjoyability of the game).<span id='postcolor'> Verry true it gives me the only error message I found in 1.46

Remembered another thing:

When firing bullets from the optics view of the tanks the bullets come from the right and head off target to the right then change direction and head closer to where you're aiming at the last second.

Whats that about?

Also must agree that being able to use the tripod (especially if it took a couple of seconds from the action menu) for the m-60 would be great.