Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

It's certainly not hard to reproduce. Play any mission that has you in combat and you will see the issue quite clearly.

Add another +1 to the combat mode issue...

No matter when or why the AI goes into bounding overwatch or combat mode, they need to respond to the squad/team leader when told to return to formation or when given any other order. Failure to do so would be rank insubordination and should not exist in a mil-sim game. The AI needs to respond to the commands given by the leader, that is what makes the military function.

Alot of people play this game in SP mode and it is very difficult with the AI being unresponsive at times.

That's my nickles worth of knowledge ;)

Signed, signed and signed again.

I really hope BIS is taking 2 days workstop on OA, so this almost gamebreaking thing is fixed with a new Betapatch....Please Guys!

It's a beta.

It's a beta.

Whats your point?

It worked in 1.04 and got broken in a beta up to 1.05!

It wasn't broken per se, it did exactly what they wanted to see, which was automatically putting units into danger mode. They wanted that to happen, therefore it isn't really "broken". However, this implementation has broken other things indirectly.

It wasn't broken per se, it did exactly what they wanted to see, which was automatically putting units into danger mode. They wanted that to happen, therefore it isn't really "broken". However, this implementation has broken other things indirectly.

Where did i mention that the auto danger/combat feature was broken :confused:

Besides that i still don't see NouberNou's point. Sure it's a beta but if we don't post about the problems they won't get fixed. We have posted about this issue weeks before Christmas and yet it didn't get fixed before 1.05 and still isn't!

maybe his point was that its stupid to complain about a beta patch as its a beta for testing things.

or maybe its that its stupid to complain about arma2 in general in the beta patch thread?

maybe his point was that its stupid to complain about a beta patch as its a beta for testing things.

Erhmm the issue was introduced in a beta patch and sticked in final 1.05, while it was in beta stage before 1.05 final there was a lot of posting about it!

So it's stupid NOT posting about. Also whats the point of beta testing if we should not reports errors and issues :confused:

or maybe its that its stupid to complain about arma2 in general in the beta patch thread?

Why :confused: it's a issue carried on from a beta so it's kinda natural to post about it here. It has also been mentioned in the ArmA 2 General forum!

why are u guys argueing who said wat,

JW and Zipper5 are simply saying the same things in different words

isnt this thread called "beta" patch testing....

so if we the "community" are testing the beta patches wich in other titles we normaly never get to see,

and we think some feature breaks the gameplay we make it noticed,

i think in this way we are helping the devs making a great game even bether..

so the auto danger mode breaks the singleplayer gameplay,

the devs should change that if u ask me

i hope they do in the next beta

I'm pretty sure all devs are aware of this and what the most of the community thinks about it by now. It's just that OA takes all their time now so all this crying is waste of time.

It's just that OA takes all their time now so all this crying is waste of time.

There has recently been a beta patch release so i guess not all manpower has moved to OA!

I'm pretty sure all devs are aware of this and what the most of the community thinks about it by now. It's just that OA takes all their time now so all this crying is waste of time.

Whats worrisome is that those previous patches were coming fast and furious yet we were left with an AI version that really can break missions. Haven't seen any mention of it from the devs as well as the ticket being expired at Dev-Heaven: not exactly encouraging.

I've pretty much stopped playing Arma2 for a while now, always checking the Beta thread to see if there's been any news, progress, or mention on this.

I really hope this isn't the AI model used for OA.

Really can and do break missions. Hopefully the next beta will get the AI back to normal. And im sure OA will not get this system as every player thinks it doesnt work properly. If we cant order our AI during combat we lose a lot of tactical flare so we really need to get back to standard. Im sure BIS knows this and its just a matter of time now.

Exactly. Who says it's an easy thing to change back? We don't know exactly how long they were working on this different method for, so reversing it may take the same time. Just got to be patient.

Im not so sure BIS considers it a problem. They could at least address that there is a problem and there should be a high priority ticket for it on the tracker.

Can anyone show me any active current ticket for the issue and anywhere BIS has claimed there is even an issue?

We need a ticket for sure unless there is one (cant recall seeing one). A ticket with good info in it showing why it doesnt work as good as pre auto danger.

Sorry but who cares about a slow mouse issue when we have a showstopper like this on our hands?!

Well open a ticket for it then. Your bug is nowhere near as high priority as this one. This bug affects all SP/MP AI, yours only in a smaller area. This bug should take precedence over yours.

Edited by TJ72

Infact I didn't say my problem is more important than the others :p

However, I just say again:

AI problems:

-AI Drivers

-AI Medics

-AI During CQC: I had an enemy APC coming, it was 20 meters in front of my team. I shot an RPG, crewmen disembarked and shooted down 2 of my teammates who was LOOKING at the APC ò.ò

Animations:

-"Move there" "attack that target" exc animations need a lot of work.

I don't know if those are procedural animations but they need improvements: there are a lot of games using procedural animations with excellent results

-Same for healing animations

Performance:

-Performance xD

Guys you know if BIS added LARGEADDRESSAWARE with the 1.05 patch?

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

Quit your damn bickering... they are both problems and if properly ticketed, BIS will see them and THEY will decide what's important. :rolleyes:

Sorry man,

this other bug has got me buggin :)

carry on....