Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Arma2 beta builds 1.05.6xxxx

I wish they would make the AI get in gear off dead bodies when they are out of ammo.

As long as AI doesn't work like expected already, adding features like this will make it even more confusing...

Still nothing new here...guess BIS Devs are busy playing BC2 also:p

Maybe they're going to release a uberbetapatch or directly the 1.06 something like a "big surprise"

and if they won't, I'll kill 'em all xD

:p

I wish they would make the AI get in gear off dead bodies when they are out of ammo.

They do already. Or, well, they scavenge AMMO anyway. Just have the AI shoot all their ammo, and make sure there're some dead bodies with the same ammo around, and you'll get a "3, rearm at that, OFFICER, at, 3 o'clock!". I don't know how big this radius is, but it does work - it might be they need to be aware of the body's existence to be able to do it, which is why it works fine within a group.

Also there's VFAI if nothing else :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

doo dee doo dum dee dummm...

waiting.... waiting....

Never tryed the beta with BI befor. Mite have to give this one an try, would like to see the LOD's be better so that trees an stuff is not always popping in and out of view.

Edited by 1in1class
need

No more patch's,bummer...

har har har...

Come off it, I think it's quite clear that BIS is pretty damn dedicated to supporting this game.

I didn't try this beta patch but could someone tell me if helicopters AI engaging targets and flying is improved?How about the airplane AI flying,they still splatter all over the mountains?

What about "microphone command"? I mean something like Endwar...that would be cool and useful.

I don't know if it's applicable to ArmA 2 itself without writing thousands of codelines or if BIS will implement it in OA. However, the UI should be slightly changed to be handy and functional with this "microphone command" feature

Anyone else having problems with "Hide body" function? Tried it with West Sabouter but dead bodies will not sink into ground instead the just jitter?

/KC

No responce? So does this means "Hide body" works for everyone else using latest beta?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

No responce? So does this means "Hide body" works for everyone else using latest beta?

/KC

Guess there's not too much people checking this section since the beta releases are not so frequent as they were before 1.05 Full.

But, I just tried hiding the body, and I can confirm that the action doesn't do anything. The body doesn't sink under the ground.

(tested without addons ofcourse)

Thanks for your input Cole! Looks like BIS have yet another bug/issue on the plate...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

tried that yesterday and my body's do sink underground..

sometimes when im on a steep hill they wont sink properly but most of the time they do

I tested on two different places, open field and on an airport. Both times the dead body didn't sink instead jittering around a bit. Maybe the issue depend on specific loc?

/KC

dont know,..

must say sometimes i use tonnes of other addons and sometimes im not.

its not that ill hide every body i kill

but mostly they sink..

I have had problems with hiding bodies when the Battlefield Clearance Module is active. Do you guys have that running?

Gotta say its awefully quiet here.... do you think there will be anymore patches for ARMA2? The performance still imo has a LONG way to go, really would be good if they could improve it a lot before Arrowhead.

For now playing BBC2, bit of fun :)

Gotta say its awefully quiet here.... do you think there will be anymore patches for ARMA2?

Yes i think there will be more patches.

The performance still imo has a LONG way to go, really would be good if they could improve it a lot before Arrowhead.

The performance is fine my end and it has improved quite a bit already since release day, maybe you need to upgrade or tweak your computer better if you think it has a LONG way to go, but yes there's always room for more performance :)

I have had problems with hiding bodies when the Battlefield Clearance Module is active. Do you guys have that running?

No, it was just me as a west sabouter and one enemy, no script/modules running. Will do a few more tests at different locations and report back.

/KC

I've also experienced the hide-twitching... but I had ACE running. I haven't really tested in a sterile environment.

-k

Just tested five random positions on Utes with me as west Saboteur and a single enemy (no scripts, no modules, no addons/mods) and the "Hide body" function is broken (at least for me, btw test done in Windowed mode but that shouldn't matter).

/KC

strange just finnished operation caldera on chernarus and the body's are going underground just fine...

i used ACE2 Beta