Also, It would be fascinating to make re-skin for WWII soliders and play WWII mod with zombies. Imagine, during the Omaha landing zombie outbreak starts.

I did that once, it was pretty fun, I had the 82nd unit moving in on 3 ships, all disembarking about 1km apart. The Germans still had positions set up and began bombarding the eastern most landing ship, and damaged it (Only a few AI survived it). I only used the spawn module so I could tell that Russian zombies were infected Germans, who's positions had been overrun. By the time the ship I was in landed, the artillery position we had been getting shot at was overrun besides one guy in a tower who was concentrated on sniping zombies coming out of the hedges. It surprised me how fast that half the coastal defenses were overrun, as half the zeds I saw were russian (German). Of course the main HQ in the Germans in the far west had managed to hold out a couple hordes (Sustaining casualties) while the American brigade landed. Their artillery had run out of ammo and they weren't able to sink the ship, but the zombies had been able to get around the front german positions and the entire west team had been overrun. I headed towards the eastern front where only about 9 of the 30 had survived and made it to shore, I assume they were able to take the base (Because of German Bodies, which didn't get up as infected Russians.) However, only 5 of them made it. I drove the jeep back over to the western and another horde took over the Germans there, and practically all of my squad I left on the east had wandered off somewhere (I keep my hud off so I had no idea where they were, and not having a radio doesn't help.) The 5 were still standing there, but I needed to do something. I wandered off into the hedgerows, found another overrun position, however it looks like it was being held by British paratroopers, there were many dead civilians mixed around with the zombies. (I was using the French Resistance as a dumb excuse for armed civilians from the region) A few of them were alive inside the church but infected. After continuing, I found my platoon had been mowed down by a german emplacement at the northernmost town, there were survivors, but they had been overrun by the infected (I could tell because of infected USMC). The German's had still been holding out strong on the inner wall, but had no machine guns or mortars left (They had all been on the outer wall which was overrun). The men that were left didn't notice me as they were occupied with a horde, which allowed me to sneak and get in a truck of theirs. I drove it to the edge of the map (Which was undetailed at that point) and into the water, then my truck exploded.

It was fun.

Hey guys, I've got a pretty involved sandbox scenario featuring this mod that needs some testing (there's a ton of features). Anyone interested? (Very) Quick look at the features:

Dynamic zombie/opfor/blufor spawns throughout southern Podagorsk that change between night/day and shift randomly in number throughout both periods.

Dynamic and randomized city zombie spawns when in range of a major area.

Dynamic weather system that changes its probabilities throughout the day.

Dynamic mission creation (limited for now).

Fog system that settles in at night (from Fog Script by Rockhount).

Health FX system for deteriorated health.

Sleeping bag.

100+ random ammo crate spawns throughout the map (look in houses/backyards/buildings), each with randomized sets of weapons/supplies.

Hunger and thirst systems.

Sleep ability (includes healing).

Radio options.

Heavily customizable and commented init.sqf variables for those so inclined.

Randomized start.

Survivalist approach.

Fuel siphoning for use in vehicles.

Requires this and the Desert Mercs and Black Ops mod. Still in beta without much to go on for missions, but that's the next step. I need help testing the sandbox that I'm building the missions on top of.

- Is there a maximum amount of zombies on the map because I have encounter that infected human dies and then dissapear without spawning a zombie?

It is! I was doing some tests. Every new zombie during game is in his own group. You could put zombies before previewing in same group and they will be in same group, but all newly infected would became independant (group). Problem is in maximum amount of 144 groups in Arma 2 (OA) so every new zombie will disappear. Also, killing zombies and reducing numbers of them will not help, game still remembers the highest amount of groups. Sadly! This removes possibility to create massive outbreak in city.

But, i remember that Arma 1 zombies didnt function this way. I remember that every new zombie would be in the group of zombie who got him infected. This could gave us chance to put 1 zombie who could create more than 400 zombies.

Question for my big desire:

Is there a possibility that I can track the spread of infection, so that (no matter where I am and what I am) I can see on the map all of the units and their moving during zombie outbreak. (something like millitary controll of the outbreak)

Found it! EYE - scrpit

It is all i wanted! I also heard and tried VTS but i have major issues with it (like too small letters and slow gameplay).

My friend and I have spent a long time creating a very large mission using this mod only to discover that the antidote doesn't seem to work. We get infected, inject the antidote, and get the message "Your infection has been reversed." The infection countdown clock disappears. The player will remain crouched in the injecting pose and until the player stands him up manually and then, after the time that the infection WOULD have taken effect we die. Anyone else had this or, even better, know how to solve it?

I'm unable to get this mod to work for ARMA2:OA with the v1.60 patch

I have loaded the mod PBO and BISIGN files from my

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@undead\Addons

and have a backup of all the Expansion\Addon PBO and BISIGN files in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@arma2\Addons

both sets of files are being loaded from my desktop shortcut with this target

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash mod=@arma2;@undead;

The missions are in my Missions folder.

When I load the game I get an error that says

No entry 'bin\config/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier_Officer.scope'.

and when I try to start a mission I get an error that says

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chenarus

Can anyone help?

You need to have Arma 2 + ArmaOA because Undead mod is based only on Arma2.

Is antidote for players not working at all? I've tried giving a player injection with antidote but when using it in game it wasn't working. I got the message that infection was cured and timer stopped but I still died. Other option, giving a npc medic the antidote wasn't working as well. When I got to a medic he didn't cure the infection either. Is there any special procedure or the antidote simply isn't working?

Cheers

Well, first of all, everything is pointing to a fact that this mod is "dead" because Charon stopped working on it. Second thing, I found today, when I was reading introduction of mission "Escape The Dead (With Wittering)" by Dimebag and Pudd'n ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16755 ), this:

We had to write a workaround for a bug with the antidotes in Charon's Undead Mod. If you manually inject an antidote it WILL NOT WORK. We have made it so that IF you are infected AND you have an antidote in your inventory you will AUTOMATICALLY use it after 5 seconds.

Since I never encounter that bug (because I allways use all playable units), I cannot say my opinion but it is obviously a unfixed or new bug.

Sincerely.

Yes, it is a realy pity. Also, Predator mod, which is also greate and has lots of bugs, was stopped.

Is there anyway to get this to use the standard enemy soldier model instead of converting them all to the Russian model upon a completed infection. Kinda kills the immersion when I make a Takistan or Aliabad mission with guerilla bad guys. When they get infected everyones a russian grunt.

B

I dont think so, becose this mod was made for arma 2(not for OA), so you have only zombis for russian,marines,chdkz, cdf, civilians etc. Not for factions from OA(unless someone will make them, Charon abandoned this project, so i think there is no chance for that).

Hi, i'm trying to create a sp mission where the entirety of the map is infected but i'm not sure what to do in terms of scripting and such, since so far I haven't really had to in other random missions i've made. How would I go about doing so?

Hi, i'm trying to create a sp mission where the entirety of the map is infected but i'm not sure what to do in terms of scripting and such, since so far I haven't really had to in other random missions i've made. How would I go about doing so?

I'm not much of a mission scripter either, my method of map wide infections is rather simple.

1. Place five or so Zombie/Infected spawning modules (e.g one in the North, South, East and West and one in the center).

2. Spawn two or three civilians in each town; this will attract zombies to towns.

3. Sync an Ambient Civilian Module to yourself, so civilians (zombie chow) will be spawned in towns near you.. However if you're going for the whole 'Oh-God!-Everyone's-dead' kind of zombie apocalypse you'll want to avoid this step.

4. Preview the mission and test performance, if performance is too low for your preferences remove a couple spawning modules and some civilians. Keep in mind that during the first minute of play performance may be choppy due to civilians spawning.

5. With the results from your performance test in mind personalize your mission as you see fit.

6. Enjoy.

Hello!, sorry for the questions but I've been searching the internet for days and don't know how to solve it. I want to do a zombie sandbox mission. So I want the zombies be in towns and citys, I want to do the mission like, If I approach a city It start spawning zombies the more I approach the center the more zombies are and I want to do alot of them, a mass of them (like in the films). And if it is possible a mix of walkers (zombies) and a few infected (they are the less descompossed), but If it's possible I want to do zombies a bit faster and infected a bit slower. So the zombies are a bit scary and you can still fight infected once they are near to you.

I want to do a system when you can sneak past them to scavenge cities, but If you are detected they are going to kill you (obviously), but surrounding you. And they continously spawn in waves if the fight lasts long (for infected for example). But you can still hide. But the zombies will be near the last location they spotted you.

Then I want to do big and smalls groups migratings or spawn out of citys (Like in walking dead xD). Lastly I want to do bandits in gangs or alone ramdomly spawn towns with low population of zombies and another survivors ramdomly spawned in all locations. and camps of survivors and bandits.

Is that possible?

Hello!, sorry for the questions but I've been searching the internet for days and don't know how to solve it. I want to do a zombie sandbox mission. So I want the zombies be in towns and citys, I want to do the mission like, If I approach a city It start spawning zombies the more I approach the center the more zombies are and I want to do alot of them, a mass of them (like in the films). And if it is possible a mix of walkers (zombies) and a few infected (they are the less descompossed), but If it's possible I want to do zombies a bit faster and infected a bit slower. So the zombies are a bit scary and you can still fight infected once they are near to you.

I want to do a system when you can sneak past them to scavenge cities, but If you are detected they are going to kill you (obviously), but surrounding you. And they continously spawn in waves if the fight lasts long (for infected for example). But you can still hide. But the zombies will be near the last location they spotted you.

Then I want to do big and smalls groups migratings or spawn out of citys (Like in walking dead xD). Lastly I want to do bandits in gangs or alone ramdomly spawn towns with low population of zombies and another survivors ramdomly spawned in all locations. and camps of survivors and bandits.

Is that possible?

Create a file called "spawn.sqf" in your mission folder

In this file paste the following code

_classArray = 
   [
   "CHN_UNDEAD_Doctor",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Doctor",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Policeman",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Worker4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Citizen3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Priest",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Functionary2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Doctor",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Policeman",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Worker4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Citizen3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Priest",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Worker1",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_USMC_Soldier_Base",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Doctor",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Policeman",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Worker4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Citizen3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Priest",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Worker1",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_USMC_Soldier_Base",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Doctor",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Policeman",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Worker4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Citizen3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Priest",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer4",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager2",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Villager3",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_Worker1",
   "CHN_ZOMBIE_USMC_Soldier_Base"
   ];

_HQ = createCenter resistance;//if there is no any unit of resistance side placed on map in editor 
_grp = createGroup resistance;
_pos = position player;

{
   _unit1 = _grp createUnit [_x, _pos, [], 200, "FORM"];
_unit1 disableAI "FSM";
_unit1 addWeapon "CHN_Antidote";
}
foreach _classArray;

{
   [_x] spawn
       {
       _zombie = _this select 0;

_triggerRadius = 100;//only example value of course

_toDelete = false;

waitUntil 
           {
           sleep 5;
           _nE = _zombie findNearestEnemy _zombie;
           if (isNull _nE) then 
               {
               _toDelete = true
               } 
           else
               {
               if ((_nE distance _zombie) > 500) then 
                   {
                   _toDelete = true
                   }
               };

(((player distance trigger1) > _triggerRadius) and (_toDelete))
           };

deleteVehicle _zombie
       }

}
foreach (units _grp);  

That will spawn each of the zombies listed at the top, in that amount. Those that are further than 200 meters will be removed.

Now in your mission create a trigger Detected by Blufor, Activated by Blufor, Repeatedly. In "On Act" put

nul0 = [] execVM "spawn.sqf"

Put these triggers in towns to spawn them in big amounts. Outside towns try creating a second script and remove some of the CHN zombies from the top to about maybe 10 or so. Call this script spawn2.sqf and create another trigger with the same functions, but this time the code

nul0 = [] execVM "spawn2.sqf"

Does anybody know if there'll ever be an update to this mod?

There will be. After Gamescom ... ;P

Hey Charon, I can't wait!

DayZ is great and everything, but actually...I prefer your mod. The most interesting aspect of a zombie apocalypse for me is the outbreak and human resistance. I love watching the infection spread around the country as civilians get infected then flee to another town...

DayZ captures a story where the war has already been lost, months down the line, whereas your zombies are perfect for creating that initial outbreak carnage. As far as I am aware, this is the biggest element of the zombie genre that is totally missing from all other games.

Carry on!