Swoon! Oh, Charon! :o

Must you ride back here and seduce us with your teasing, open-ended replies? :butbut:

Hi Charon! I want to have 3 factions but the independent guerrilla would not shoot, i already set the independent to nobody in the intel, please help!

Edited by rocstar96

Hi Charon! I want to have 3 factions but the independent guerrilla would not shoot, i already set the independent to nobody in the intel, please help!

Unfortunately, you can't have resistance soldiers fight against undead, because the undead are technically of the resistance side. I am looking into getting back to the "good old" negative rating variant

to prevent exactly such issues like you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, you can't have resistance soldiers fight against undead, because the undead are technically of the resistance side. I am looking into getting back to the "good old" negative rating variant

to prevent exactly such issues like you are experiencing.

Ah I see, but it doesn't attack blufor or opfor neither, is that normal?

Ah I see, but it doesn't attack blufor or opfor neither, is that normal?

If you mean that your independent soldiers don't attack blufor and opfor, then i don't think the issue is connected to the undead mod.

Try making yourself leader of that independent group and try ordering to open fire on blufor and see if they do it.

If you mean that your independent soldiers don't attack blufor and opfor, then i don't think the issue is connected to the undead mod.

Try making yourself leader of that independent group and try ordering to open fire on blufor and see if they do it.

I tried it again, but removing the undead - infected module, they now shoot at each other, does it do the same for you?

I tried it again, but removing the undead - infected module, they now shoot at each other, does it do the same for you?

Just execute this about 5 seconds after mission start whenever you want res to engage west,east :

resistance setFriend [west , 0];
resistance setFriend [east , 0];

The zeds might behave strangely after you do that though.

Just execute this about 5 seconds after mission start whenever you want res to engage west,east :
resistance setFriend [west , 0];
resistance setFriend [east , 0];

The zeds might behave strangely after you do that though.

Thanks Caron it works! And yea, the zombies behaved weirdly now, I guess its best to have Opfor and Blufor only.

Thankyou for the wonderful mod!

Thanks Caron it works! And yea, the zombies behaved weirdly now, I guess its best to have Opfor and Blufor only.

Thankyou for the wonderful mod!

Could you tell just how wierdly (what they do) they act, just for record and books :) Tnx

They are like, running in circles, and only attack you when you are really close. I might have to try it again if it still does that

Well they consider west,east an enemy and the micro AI looks rather for evasive waypoints than to lead them right to your feet, that's why i actually put them to friendly ;)

But negative rating will fix it, i'll whoop 'em to civ side too.

My Gosh. Charon himself is back!

Welcome back man ^^

Can't wait to see what you have cookin!

Loved using every single one of your mods for sure. Give me your paypal account. I want to donate. Now. ^_^

Edited by Genesis92x

I hope some day we'll see the spawner module working with zombies (So I can have the hordes it spawns migrate) and possibly a way for the zombies/undead to have any chance against vehicles (Especially heavy ones). Even a HMMWV with an m240 a good distance away can rip through an undead horde fairly quickly.

The spawn module(s) will work with zombies too, it's easy to implement. Migration will be included. Many folks didn't actually like the migration part, so there is different modules with and without migration for the folks that just enjoy mowing down a bunch of zeds without them moving across the map. Engagement of vehicles is difficult cuz of the arma engine actually, internal identification of what kind of vehicle the target is as in if it is trailer or a closed vehicle.

Chance against tanks? Not sure about that, heavy vehicles should finish zeds easily, otherwise it would look a bit odd.

The spawn module(s) will work with zombies too, it's easy to implement. Migration will be included. Many folks didn't actually like the migration part, so there is different modules with and without migration for the folks that just enjoy mowing down a bunch of zeds without them moving across the map. Engagement of vehicles is difficult cuz of the arma engine actually, internal identification of what kind of vehicle the target is as in if it is trailer or a closed vehicle.

Chance against tanks? Not sure about that, heavy vehicles should finish zeds easily, otherwise it would looks a bit odd.

Yeah, it would look odd to have zombies killing tanks. Only thing that would be semi-acceptable would to incorporate special zombies. I.E. a zombie that is partially invisible that does extra damage to vehicles or skmething. That way only the specials could do damage.

Just silly ideas

What looks odd is if zeds don't attack a gunner that is freely exposed on a vehicle such as Hummer MG.

Only solution i see now is to make an array of vehicles that have the gunner really "exposed" or not reachable, i always prefer "generic" solutions though, but it seems

impossible to find that out via script for any kind of imaginable addon/mod vehicle.

wher is update?!?! gamecom is over i VERY angry :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You are very welcome to create your own Zombie mod and update on a time-based routine as much as you want. But don't criticize Charon for not being on time.

wher is update?!?! gamecom is over i VERY angry :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rude!

Hehe, just used Bohemia terminology there. And? Is Arma3 alpha out yet after gamescom? ;)

Currently the debugging of the new migration system is posing some problems, so development "resources" had to be dedicated to write a better tool

to understand which undead is not doing what he is supposed to do (-> TroopMon3).

This will be a great tool to debug any kind of undead mission as well in the future.

What looks odd is if zeds don't attack a gunner that is freely exposed on a vehicle such as Hummer MG.

Only solution i see now is to make an array of vehicles that have the gunner really "exposed" or not reachable, i always prefer "generic" solutions though, but it seems

impossible to find that out via script for any kind of imaginable addon/mod vehicle.

Was playing around with zombies last night, and tried playing as Humvee MG gunner position with AI driver. Interestingly, I noticed that when zombies surround and attack the vehicle, my character shakes and wobbles around on his axis a bit (as possible per Operation Arrowhead's vehicle-riding g-force effect) - it actually looks quite good and makes it harder to shoot, as if the zombies are reaching up and pulling you about. Not sure why it happens, it might be because the driver is getting confused and can't decide where to drive. Anyone else get this, or just me?

Hehe, just used Bohemia terminology there. And? Is Arma3 alpha out yet after gamescom? ;)

Currently the debugging of the new migration system is posing some problems, so development "resources" had to be dedicated to write a better tool

to understand which undead is not doing what he is supposed to do (-> TroopMon3).

This will be a great tool to debug any kind of undead mission as well in the future.

Can't wait man. Super excited.

Can't wait to shoot some zed's :D!!

Was playing around with zombies last night, and tried playing as Humvee MG gunner position with AI driver. Interestingly, I noticed that when zombies surround and attack the vehicle, my character shakes and wobbles around on his axis a bit (as possible per Operation Arrowhead's vehicle-riding g-force effect) - it actually looks quite good and makes it harder to shoot, as if the zombies are reaching up and pulling you about. Not sure why it happens, it might be because the driver is getting confused and can't decide where to drive. Anyone else get this, or just me?

Hmm, I haven't tested this personally. I could see it happening though.

QUICK! PRESS "X" TO STOP FROM BEING PULLED OUT OF THE VEHICLE!!!!

;)

Edited by Genesis92x

Chance against tanks? Not sure about that, heavy vehicles should finish zeds easily, otherwise it would look a bit odd.

Well I think the idea of "Open" and closed vehicles is a really good one.

And if you're open to more suggestions for the long run possibly, zombies should probably frighten civilians in vehicles more than they do. Because when I place civilians in cars, they usually just sit in there until the zombie hits the car enough and then they get out and run away. If I put waypoints, the car will stop and they will get out and then they will try and get back in and continue to their waypoint.