Do the missions that came with the mod work?

The majority of them run, but the zombies still stand there and do nothing. One won't run though, it says it relies on DLC that has been deleted. But I didn't delete anything. One also says an error about a static object. But most of them run, but the zombies do nothing.

Edited by jmol
Spelling

Could you tell me the exact error for the missing dlc? Thats probably your problem. It's saying you don't have the right mod included.

Could you tell me the exact error for the missing dlc? Thats probably your problem. It's saying you don't have the right mod included.

It says it is dependent on DLC called CA_AH4D but it has been deleted.

Never mind then... I cant seem to figure your problem out... It must be something with your addon...

Never mind then... I cant seem to figure your problem out... It must be something with your addon...

But I've deleted and reinstalled the addon multiple times. I can't figure it out.

Exactly, but there is nothing wrong with the missions for sure. Do you have your game patched to the latest patch? 1.09 for Arma 2.

Edited by bobtom

Exactly, but there is nothing wrong with the missions for sure. Do you have your game patched to the latest patch? 1.09 for Arma 2.

Yup, all patched up.

Then the only idea I have left is that you do a full reinstall of the game.

That ah64 error shouldn't be there either...

Edited by bobtom

Then the only idea I have left is that you do a full reinstall of the game.

That ah64 error shouldn't be there either...

Reinstalled, no luck.

This MOD is splendid.

I hope the author will come back and fix the minor issue we found to gain perfection

Car Crash Bug:

Whenever I bump into things like trees, I die. I litteraly "bump" into the objects and it kills me. When i disable the module then i can crash into things without dying.

Any solutions will be greatly apperciated if anyone has figured anything out.

Thanks, Stubs.

Car Crash Bug:

Whenever I bump into things like trees, I die. I litteraly "bump" into the objects and it kills me. When i disable the module then i can crash into things without dying.

Any solutions will be greatly apperciated if anyone has figured anything out.

Thanks, Stubs.

I have noticed this as well, thought it was kind of funny.

I read in an earlier post that a file called "chn.undead.misc" is needed, and have encountered an error with a downloaded mission spitting that error out.

Could anyone upload that file.

Yeah, the "car crash bug" has been around forever. It sucks, but I supose the fix is to not crash.

hey guys, ive been messing around with the mod for a few days now, i get pretty much everything, but, i cant make a spawn module turn on when blufor is detected, because the basic premise of the mission i wish to make is:

you are at a small airbase, you are told to patrol a local town, as you enter the town, there are civvys walking about, and as you walk along(you hit a trigger spawning a zombie) an unidentified man attacks civvys, you kill him, but the dead civvys come back to life, and the infection begins. ive tried everything ( yes i know the script for it, ive read all the docs, but i cant get it work at all.)

Well, I have a script that will work. I believe you need a script to spawn zombies.

Here is an example of one.

SpawnZeds.sqf

_mhpos=position ZedSpawn1;
_spgrp2 = createGroup resistance;

"CHN_ZOMBIE_Policeman" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO1%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker2" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO2%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Rocker3" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO3%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Citizen2" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO4%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Citizen3" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO5%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Priest" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO6%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer4" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO7%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer3" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO8%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer2" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO9%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Profiteer1" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO10%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Policeman" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO11%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
"CHN_ZOMBIE_Policeman" createunit [_mhpos,_spgrp2,format ["ECHO12%1 = this",Wsupnum], 1, "COLONEL"];
sleep 13;
CHN_ZEDINFCLD=false;
Wsupnum=Wsupnum+1;

With _mhpos being the position and _spgrp2 being the group they go under.

And in your mission folder have a Init.sqf with

CHN_SpawnZeds = compile preprocessfilelinenumbers  "SpawnZeds.sqf";

This should spawn zombies now. (Don't forget to get the location!!) There are many ways to spawn zombies, this is just an example I pulled directly from Charons mission.

Another one could be

SPAWNZOMB1.sqf

_group = createGroup resistance;
"CHN_UNDEAD_Hooker2" createUnit [[1,1], _group];
"CHN_UNDEAD_Housewife5" createUnit [[1,1], _group];
"CHN_UNDEAD_Doctor" createUnit [[1,1], _group];
(leader _group) setpos getpos ZOTA1;

and then you could have a trigger that has on the activation field

this exec "SPAWNZOMB1.SQF" (Or something like that)

Another one pulled from Charons mission.

I'm having trouble with this as well. I made a mission ages ago that used the first script, and I eventually got it to work but can't remember what else I had to do to make it work... Like Woodstock21 I tried a marker named "ZedSpawn1" and tried the same with a game logic. Neither work but I distinctly remember using a game logic in it somewhere down the line either way. Can anyone help me out? I should probably point out I've looked through Charon's demo missions as well and couldn't work out what I wasn't doing or was doing wrong XD

Cheers in advance,

Jester

Edited by 2LtJester

_spawnnumber=5;
_spawnpos = getmarkerpos "bob";
_group = creategroup resistance;
for [{_i=0}, {_i<_spawnnumber}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
_rd = random ((count CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPES-1));
_inftype=CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPES select _rd;
_inftype createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];

};
[/Code]

I use this, it spawns a number of random zombie types. You can edit the number of zombies by editing _spawnnumber and you can edit where they spawn from by changing "bob".

You can put this in an .sqf file and Exec it from a trigger or whatever you want. Remember to add a zombie somewhere on the map first.

Note: The majority of this code is hijacked from some of Charon's excellent code.

Edited by bobtom

I have a problem,after I installed the game I cannot join my usual server it says keys are unsupported or something like that. How do I fix it?

_spawnnumber=5;
_spawnpos = getmarkerpos "bob";
_group = creategroup resistance;
for [{_i=0}, {_i<_spawnnumber}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
_rd = random ((count CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPES-1));
_inftype=CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPES select _rd;
_inftype createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];

};
[/Code]

I use this, it spawns a number of random zombie types. You can edit the number of zombies by editing _spawnnumber and you can edit where they spawn from by changing "bob".

You can put this in an .sqf file and Exec it from a trigger or whatever you want. Remember to add a zombie somewhere on the map first.

Note: The majority of this code is hijacked from some of Charon's excellent code.

I THINK placing a zombie on the map first is what I've missed off :eek:

ty for the reply and other method bobtom :D

edit: yup it works now ive placed a zombie thanks bobtom

Edited by 2LtJester

Might take Undead out of your target line or turn it off. The server might have key checking and Undead isn't a key they allow

Is it possible to swap the development from Charon (which appears to be (non living) dead) to someone other interested?

It would be good if someone did.

How do I spawn an empty car with its headlights on?

Anyone else having problems downloading this? I have tried every mirror and they all terminate after about 5% done. It says it cannot read source file or something...

I can download other stuff fine but not this file:confused:

EDIT: Nevermind... Seems my Firefox has decided to screw up. Had to use IE to download. ergh IE....

Edited by Guest

How would I make the game delete the zombies that aren't needed anymore?

My mission consists of running through multiple villages, and if the game spawns the zombies to the villages I've already left, or if the player has just ran around the zombies without killing them, won't they take up space from the default 100 ZED limit, possibly making the module stop spawning zombies to the villages ahead?

Also is it possible to spawn both the infected and the zombies at the same time from the same spawn module points?

Edited by MrRightclick

Hey!

I'm just posting to inform you all that I have released a Zombie Spawning Tutorial for anyone who wants to learn how. I am not claiming to be an expert but this should help you all!

Link

And as always, have a nice day...