Sign in to follow this  
dr_eyeball

AircraftHUD - AH-64D: MFD/IHADSS HMD/TADS

Great work. We had a good 1.5 hours worth of flying with this over MP and loved every second of it. !!:yay:

AWESOME! DAMN....I CANT BELIEVE MY EYE'S! Great Mod. WOW! :bounce3:

But please fix the Cobra crosshair inside the TAD Optic. this looks a lil bit strange...:confused:

This is really great, most of the functions work, but when im in the apache, the IHADSS always seems to make my pc crash :S .. please help?..

One solution for the lack of laser in the current build:

Add this addmagazine "laserbatteries" ; this addweapon "laserdesignator_mounted" to the Apache.

Select Laser Designator and turn on Laser (don't bother painting the target at this point).

Select Hellfire and lock the laser target (Tab by default), fire Hellfire.

Immediately after launch, select Laser and drag crosshair onto target.

Very limited compared to the real thing, but at least it allows for precision targeting at all.

Hopefully we'll see a return of the ArmA1 ACE set up.

I've not had a chance to test this, but

wouldn't it be easier to use the method I found.

use laser to paint the target, gun to lock and hellfire to attack?

to quote from the Kiowa release:

Special notes: hellfires can laser lock so two Kiowa's working in pink teams can fire Hellfires at fixed targets

like buidlings etc. The first version, 2 x hellfire, 1 x M296 can self lock laser hellfires, first select the laser

and ping the target, second use guns to lock target, third select hellfire and fire away,

this is the only version that can self lock the hellfires.

Edited by Eble

@Tim987, you can move the DTV with mouse and with the proper DTV graphic frame only when you are in the gunner seat. Makes a lot of sense to me as the gunner seat does have a lot more gadget than the pilot seat.

@wilka_woo, if BIS had this by default, many of the players won't be able to play properly! hohohoho... this thing makes it so real a few hours of practise needs to go into learning its functions and then a few more hours into actual practise runs before you are mission ready, just like a real pilot.

The cannon tracks targets very well as long as you set up the targetting correctly, which can be quite complex...

Only issue I find is the the IHASS target box don't follow the target on my screen when I am in free look mode and looking around. The target box only start tracking the target when I recenter my view... a bug?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Hmm I can't seem to "track" a target with any of the weapons - particularly cannon, seeing as 'tracking' is unfortunately only available to the pilot. :|

@Swordsman, I am able to track using cannon on both pilot and gunner seat. Will feedback on the steps I take exactly to do it later.

great mod thank you. i would like to map the MFD controls to my 12 button joystick so dont have to use the keyboard as well. Has anyone managed to do this yet? or does anyone know how i would go about this. its a thrustmaster T Flightstick X it has a hat and twist functions. I,d be gratefull for any help or advice given.

Edited by Moxyz1
changed wording to simplify post

If your joystick comes with profiling software, I would make the buttons you wish correspond to the keypresses in game.

edit:

I would also like to know how you manage to lock the cannon on target from the gunner's seat. It sounds impossible!

@ Dr. Eyeball

I notice that if I designate a target using the target locking camera, then switch out of the optics view to tell the gunner to target the laser target and fire, if I go back into the optics view, the optics mode has switched to point-constraint. The point the camera is constrained to is underneath the target, causing missiles for fall short. If I then switch to the manual camera to make adjustments, the camera is more often than not out in the middle of nowhere, and I can't get it back to the target in time to properly designate it. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Edited by Max Power

Would the OH-58 Kiowa Warrior use a similar system to this IRL?

If so, I hope you can collaborate with that addons team.

I wonder how long before someone pulls the curtains shut on the pilot seat so we can fly on instruments and the monocular eyepiece alone :)

Very nice work!

Very cool addon for rotorheads, thanks for sharing Dr Eyeball!

It's so much easier to fly NoE having the airspeed, current altitude, altitude inc/dec along with the velocity vector directly in your eye (IHADSS).

What about a full screen 360/FWD mode for the gunner like in Longbow 2 and as previously mentioned LOAL/LOBL mode for the Hellfires (maybe by using Mandobles MMA? ), is it possible?

I fully understand that you are limited of things you can do due to the ArmA II engine but I hope to see more of this and especially like the idea to make it nescessary to have both a pilot and a gunner in the AH-64 to be able to engage targets in MP.

Excellent work!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Is there a possiblity of a KA52 or Hind version in the future?

Is there a possiblity of a KA52 or Hind version in the future?

i think that they have an other system in real life :rolleyes:

How to fire the hellfire by pilot ? I use the manual camera and lock the target by "L" and select AGM weapon. but i can't fire. Who have a method for fire the hellfire ?

Select manual fire, or set gunner to playable and switch positions.

^

^

^

Your method is not working for me.

I use TADS mode in pilot and lock target but i can't fire .:(

Can you make video tutorial for fire the hellfire in pilot ? thx

Dr Eyeball,

What might be involved in making an option for a larger MFD display console? At my resolution (1680 x 1050) the readouts are very small (see

on page 4 of this thread). I realize this was ported from ArmA1 but it would be really sweet to have the readout screen about twice it's current size. I can barely make out the target ID's and bearing info on the display while in combat.

Another minor suggestion would be a way to change the default color and size of the monocle (I set mine to "green" and expand it to 105%). It's not a big deal (since once set it remains for the durration of a game) but it'd be cool to be able to save my preferences as default. I looked around in the color settings within the pbo, but I hate to poke at things like this (I'll just break it),

Edited by Thirdup

Version 3 is now available. (see first post for download)

Version 4 hot fix is due soon. (for CPG optics bug)

Change log:

• New: Signed addon: yes
  • Fixed: Rescaled all displays/resources (Monocle,Symbology,MFD) to remain the same for any Interface Size setting (small-large).
  • New: Added mouse movement control for TADS camera view. (Keyboard also still works.)
  • New: Added mouse scroll wheel for TADS camera FOV zoom.
  • New: Added mouse left and right click for TADS camera: fixed position and target tracking respectively.
  • Changed: TADS camera elevation is now relative to helicopter pitch, not horizon. (Still not accurate, but more useful.)
  • Fixed: TADS camera movement is now restricted to +/-120 for turn and +30/-60 for elevation. Limitation: However tracking is not limited yet.
  • Fixed: camera elevation can now move above horizon +30 degrees instead of zero.
  • New: Added Day/Dark/Night FLIR pre-config modes. (None are very good, but people wanted to use it in the day too. Adjust aperture and settings in Config menu for further adjustments.)
  • Fixed: Reduced MFD broken state/malfunction tolerance (by removing 'canMove' usage to aid in determining damage levels. 'canMove' becomes true even with only 0.1 damage, which is odd.)
  • Fixed: Triangle radar targets are now clearer to see.
  • Fixed: Some Camera Tracking menu options didn't activate.

Tip: The 0.Config menu on the TADS menu is not available in MP, to remove cheating ability of turning night into day time.

Caution: Careful with alt-tabbing out (in Windowed mode) while the TADS camera is active, since the mouse may still sometimes remain locked for that duration.

Things which didn't make it into this version:

• CPG TADS camera: With the new ability to use the mouse for the TADS camera, I'm trying to find a way to replace the CPG optics camera with the TADS camera, in order to provide more functionality for the CPG. Not sure if it's possible yet or whether it just needs a secondary camera mode. Primary concern is whether the weapon orientation can still be controlled via scripting.
  • More helicopters: I did some tests with using this addon with other helicopters (eg: KA-52) but currently there are some minor incompatibilities, so that test version is delayed for now. You'll likely see it as a separate test-only version soon.
  • Firing Modes: I did a lot of tests with using the available firing modes (AH-64D has 7 modes for the 3 weapons), but they appear to have no benefit and are just messy to use for now, so that was disabled for now.
  • CPG Optics: I tried replacing the AH-1Z Cobra gunner optics with another one, but I didn't want to modify the base class at this stage, since that may affect other addons. Since BIS didn't provide a new custom image overlay, it makes me suspect the "real one" is part of OA...
  • Joystick mappings: Will investigate this in future.
  • Firing System: Still looking into how to improve this, if possible. There are 4 cases to handle: [player pilot, AI CPG]; [player pilot, manual fire/no CPG]; 2 players; [AI pilot, player gunner]. I don't think there's a solution without new commands.

There are so many hurdles as you go, it's frustrating.

I've found no commands to:

• detect if manual fire is on.
  • determine current firing mode (even if just for local client player vehicle)
  • set or get current target lock.
  • set weapon dir
  • determine daytime sun stage (night/dawn/day/dusk) or even light levels.
  • preprocessor command to: get __AspectRatio__ (and not even an in-game command), which is crazy.
  • headDir (head looking direction)
  • check line of sight (that work reliably for all models anyway. i.e. 'intersect').

Apart from LOS, these were all very simple to implement requests from the Arma 2 wishlist. I can't understand it.

Anyway, have fun with this version. No major updates for a while now.

Edited by Dr_Eyeball

Excellent new version! I really like the new flir modes. It's not super realistic, but it certainly has a flir like feel.

I would like to suggest perhaps a way to re-target the point constrained camera while in point constrained mode. It would make searching an area easier.

thank you for the update. im pleased to see you will investigate joystick mappings in the future it will be a great feature to have, good luck with that.