Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Final release of CAA1

Indeed, pathetic to see people continue to spill crap over Kju choosing to misinterpret what he said just to fillfull their trolling goal.

Indeed, pathetic to see people continue to spill crap over Kju choosing to misinterpret what he said just to fillfull their trolling goal.

Can't say better. I'd say that the ones that feel targeted by his comment may have reasons to feel so? :rolleyes: (<- yes, this is a troll of equal proportion, just so you get an idea of what you're doing here)

Stop whining and whining about whining and answer this good ol' man:

Stuff
(in the page before this one).

I also can just say THANKS, kju!!!

Sahrani looks just 1000x better then Chernarus and you give as the option to create stuff on it with Arma2! Everytime i visit Sahrani i just wanna say, Fuck Crysis:p

Kabong that's a good idea. Their are some objects (walls in Everon off the top of my head) that need a little adjustment. I wish he could pass the torch to someone who wants to take it over for the tweakage. It would also be nice to unify it as one mod -like some are doing- and just put it old school into a @CAA1 directory. @CAA1_[different style] for the others, because most are using one style.

Kju/Q is an OFP giant. You whiners need to tone down the butthurt. The man hands over a bunch of free shit and states one little opinion and you start crying.

Its pathetic.

I think it's pathetic to unconditionally worship and defend someone who...

a) has arrogant expectations regarding developer and community support

b) is disrespectful toward the community as a whole

c) makes insinuations about monetary support

d) has quit a project or affiliation with a similar drama act roughly once every year since OFP

The above points can be seen in his post, and the last one by watching what actually happens in the community. If by crying you mean pointing out that his little opinions are arrogant and stupid, then certainly I am doing so.

Please tell us who he was really addressing in that post. He hasn't gotten anything except positive feedback and improvement suggestions regarding his mods, yet he feels that he's not loved and supported enough. At the very least he thinks that you and I should have supported him in some way (donating or making content for his mods) and we're lazy and stupid because we didn't. If he's not addressing the ones that didn't contribute to his one man project, is there some other criteria? The faceless crowd that's certainly not us because we are unique and have personalities?

Can't say better. I'd say that the ones that feel targeted by his comment may have reasons to feel so? :rolleyes: (<- yes, this is a troll of equal proportion, just so you get an idea of what you're doing here)

Is it trolling to point out a troll? Q's behavior raises eyebrows, so should we just play into his hand praising him every time he quits something or makes a comeback?

Edited by Celery

Fuck up Celery, you're giving me the shits.

Hay Celery, I don't think I understand.

Nazul my friend, read the first post of this thread properly and you might see where I'm coming from. Q thinks that you too are ungrateful, lazy and stupid, afterall you didn't contribute to his mod.

Please tell us who he was really addressing in that post. He hasn't gotten anything except positive feedback and improvement suggestions regarding his mods, yet he feels that he's not loved and supported enough. At the very least he thinks that you and I should have supported him in some way (donating or making content for his mods) and we're lazy and stupid because we didn't. If he's not addressing the ones that didn't contribute to his one man project, is there some other criteria? The faceless crowd that's certainly not us because we are unique and have personalities?

Like I said, the ones that are targeted know very well who they are. You didn't make any derogatory comment, whiny post or PM, etc, etc... ? Then by all mean don't feel offended, his rant was not pointing at you. You're making a fuss out of nothing. He probably did not use the best way to put it, but, well... You are chosing to take it personnaly and make a whole mess out of it. Instead of seeing it like it probably is : a modder fueled out by the quantity of work he's done.

Tbh when I see the reactions to ACE-2 distribution method (and having ended posting very similar words to Kju's ones about it, something I never do), I understands Kju's state of mind.

This thread should be about CAA1 and further dev on it, as it seems some good people are trying to take over. This discussion should never have existed in the first hand

kju started and finished a project which he would never use and is not really interested in doing, as he stated in his first post. Then he blames others for the work he chose to do.

Modding is not a chore, it should be fun. If you do not have fun modding then you should leave it, instead of hoping for some other altruic guys and being offended if they're not helping. There are modding teams who are devoted to their project because they have fun moddeling, coding and playing it. And these keep the modding community alive.

This thread should be about CAA1 and further dev on it, as it seems some good people are trying to take over. This discussion should never have existed in the first hand

Yea well, the thread starter made this part of the topic, not the posters.

People Help and me please :confused: I downloaded the latest version of СAA1 exe. file! install all good! jast have problem to use CAA1+++ MODS :o i have this line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2caa1full.exe" for start normal CAA1.

And i put next :

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2caa1full.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

Game start!! jast start normal CAA1 dont have ACE :o where I made a mistake in writing?

(sorry for bad english)

Edited by Keshman

lol

Just give it up Celery, you should at least see by now your view is not the majority view.

.... its a view, your entitled to it, just stop trying to tell us we're idiots for seeing it otherwise ...... because isn't that what got your trolling here in the first place ;)

From your truely, your "moody modder", Gnat ;) lol

@Keshman

?? I think arma2caa1full.exe just installs the addons / mod into the different folders, it does not RUN the CAA1 mod.

I'd suggest you try using a Launcher after you install CAA1 (and ACE), it makes life easier.

Try Kegetys Launcher;

Kegetys ArmAII Game Launcher

OFPEC LINK

Mod Folder tutorial - http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Hate to say it but, Celery has a bit of a point. While I don't exactly agree with his harsh tone, there is no need for Kju to act like some sort of martyr. You see the same with some other modders as well. They can have pages and pages of people praising their work and voicing their appreciation but it isn't enough if someone else has privately or publicly criticized them even once.

You make a mod because it is what you want, not for anyone else. People come, people go, doesn't matter. If someone doesn't care to mod anymore, that's ok. Maybe someone will replace them, maybe not. It's their choice to mod or not, their choice to share or not. Just don't blame BIS for not supporting 3rd party stuff when they don't make promises to. Don't blame a community for not helping with a project that they never promised to. I don't plan to kiss anyone's feet due to the choices they make, mod, map or mission. I also don't think it right to criticize them for investing their time, so long as they don't think I owe them something because they chose to do it.

If Kju is fed up with BIS games, that's ok and I can easily understand that. So many game companies these days put out unfinished projects and a lot of gamers are tired of it, though not enough to make a difference. It's ok for him to say so too. But:

It is sad that despite the lack of good ArmA II campaigns

and SP missions, apart from a few gems, virtually no one

is interested in playing great OFP and ArmA missions

and helping out to polish them.

It is astonishing how ungrateful, lazy and stupid so many people have become.

Without question you are a product of society and what power want you to become.

There is no excuse for insulting the community like this simply because they have no interest in working on his project as in his opinion there are not many good ArmA 2 missions. Make no mistake, that WAS aimed directly at the players, not BIS. When it comes to that part, I do not disagree with the harshness of Celery's remarks.

at least see by now your view is not the majority view

Thats not true, I think he made some clear points

Thats not true, I think he made some clear points

Sure. Then again, whats the point with the point..? ;)

Thanks for your time and work.

(guess kju suffers from a OFP/ARMA/Arma2 burnout and is simply upset that not many people marching with him on the CAA1/OAC route)

Dont worry be happy. :)

People Help and me please :confused: I downloaded the latest version of СAA1 exe. file! install all good! jast have problem to use CAA1+++ MODS :o i have this line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2caa1full.exe" for start normal CAA1.

And i put next :

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2caa1full.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

Game start!! jast start normal CAA1 dont have ACE :o where I made a mistake in writing?

(sorry for bad english)

keshman,

the exe was a bat file with the long modline!

in the X folder is a folder called "bat"

copy this u want to use in your mainfolder of arma rightclick edit then u see the path.

add your mod´s and save it and use the batfile to start.

start arma2.exe -nosplash -mod=x\caa1\ArmA_PlantsAutumn;x\caa1\ArmA_Campaign_Animation;x\caa1\ArmA_Objects;x\caa1\ArmA_ObjectsCTI;x\caa1\ArmA_VehicleFeatures;x\caa1\ArmA_Vehicles;x\caa1\ArmA_WorldIntros;x\caa1\ArmA_Worlds;x\caa1\Extra_Worlds;x\caa1\QG_Objects;x\caa1\QG_Worlds;x\oac\oac_core;CBA;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

thats your line.

Thanks for CAA1 kju, and all others involved. Appreciate the work you guys did. If i was you i'd take a long break from the community and enjoy some gaming.

Best wishes all

And i put next :

(sorry for bad english)

Kesh, CAA1 doesn't come in an exe as far as I recall. You must have downloaded someones compressed version. If so, and you extracted it, it might be in @CAA1 folder in your ArmA2 directory. your shortcut should be "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CAA1;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

Sure. Then again, whats the point with the point..? ;)

+1

So Q went out with a rant and a wish list, so what? Anyone who has so much as tried to make an addon or mod would have some idea of his frustration. And he should be able to vent a litlle without attracting so much repetitous flaming.

At the end of the day Q has always been helpfull to others while bringing his own fantastic ideas to life.

So a simple thank you would suffice.

Good luck Q with whatever you do.

I downloaded the torrent file, the ArmA 2 Launcher shows x\caa1\Arma-Campaign...., that is activated but no sign of the Arma Campaign can be found in ArmA 2.:confused:

Besides that, this is a great mod.

It has taken some time, but finally ArmA has gotten it`s Multi-core Patch.:)

I downloaded the torrent file, the ArmA 2 Launcher shows x\caa1\Arma-Campaign...., that is activated but no sign of the Arma Campaign can be found in ArmA 2.:confused:

Besides that, this is a great mod.

It has taken some time, but finally ArmA has gotten it`s Multi-core Patch.:)

there are no campaigns for it. no one's trying to port them. that's one of the reasons kju is frustrated.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

i think it's a bit funny now that the man has left, certain people have come out of the woodwork to speak badly about him behind his back.

Gnat;1534496']lol

your view is not the majority view.

Is this a good reason for someone to stop discussing his or her views? I hope not.

Hooray for mature balanced perspectives! Long live the grown ups :yay:

Hate to say it but, Celery has a bit of a point. While I don't exactly agree with his harsh tone, there is no need for Kju to act like some sort of martyr. You see the same with some other modders as well. They can have pages and pages of people praising their work and voicing their appreciation but it isn't enough if someone else has privately or publicly criticized them even once.

You make a mod because it is what you want, not for anyone else. People come, people go, doesn't matter. If someone doesn't care to mod anymore, that's ok. Maybe someone will replace them, maybe not. It's their choice to mod or not, their choice to share or not. Just don't blame BIS for not supporting 3rd party stuff when they don't make promises to. Don't blame a community for not helping with a project that they never promised to. I don't plan to kiss anyone's feet due to the choices they make, mod, map or mission. I also don't think it right to criticize them for investing their time, so long as they don't think I owe them something because they chose to do it.

If Kju is fed up with BIS games, that's ok and I can easily understand that. So many game companies these days put out unfinished projects and a lot of gamers are tired of it, though not enough to make a difference. It's ok for him to say so too. But:

There is no excuse for insulting the community like this simply because they have no interest in working on his project as in his opinion there are not many good ArmA 2 missions. Make no mistake, that WAS aimed directly at the players, not BIS. When it comes to that part, I do not disagree with the harshness of Celery's remarks.

Most of us owe Q a debt of gratitude for everything he has put into BIS games (WGL etc), and it is sad to see that he feels this huge effort (CAA1) has been largely wasted. In the fullness of time, i don't think think this will prove to be the case.

Edited by TermiPete
Needed to add some intelligent comment.

without Kju, we would be minus quite afew great addons... So does it really matter how he decides to finish up?

Nope, let his work speak for itself....