Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB SAS Pack

AMAZING looking units, thanks a bunch for these, and adding in the Support Force guys were a very nice touch as well :cool:

Edited by desmondb

THANK YOU ! I've been waiting for this for a long time

One request: Could you add some groups for the editor ? And is there an AT soldier i missed ?

Edited by verde13

There is no boathouse!

Actually you are quite incorrect...he said Hereford, never made any mention of the base :P ...indeed the river running through hereford has many boathouses on it :).

Mate you are a fucking legend. These are going to replace StalkerGBs units in my campaign since they are causing bugs for people with ace. Assuming they work with ACE anyway. They are still amazing units.

Just tried them out mate and they are stunning.

Edited by colonel stagler

Mate you are a fucking legend. These are going to replace StalkerGBs units in my campaign since they are causing bugs for people with ace. Assuming they work with ACE anyway. They are still amazing units.

Just tried them out mate and they are stunning.

What bugs do mine cause?

Looking good SJB will DL asap :)

Effin awesome units dudes, muchas gracias for them. One teency weency problem though - I get Russian voices with the SFSG guys. Didn't check if it was all of them or just a particular unit. Thought I'd mention it.

Known error caused by the following config entry for some of the units involved:

identityTypes[] = {"Head_USMC_Camo","Head_RU_Camo","RU_Glasses"};

Regards,

Sander

Actually you are quite incorrect...he said Hereford, never made any mention of the base :P ...indeed the river running through hereford has many boathouses on it :).

:) So I'm right about the base... Any prizes?

:rolleyes: Anyway, back on topic.

[...]I get Russian voices with the SFSG guys. Didn't check if it was all of them or just a particular unit. Thought I'd mention it.
Known error caused by the following config entry for some of the units involved:

identityTypes[] = {"Head_USMC_Camo","Head_RU_Camo","RU_Glasses"};

[...]

As Sander correctly states, thats an issue with the identityTypes config entry for the units, and has since been fixed. At the time, I had no idea that command also determined which voices the units used, as I was under the impression it only defined which faces they used - I was wrong. It has since been fixed, and will be included in a future update (release: TBD).

I'm yet to test these properly, but after a quick peek, I'd say these are can finally be used to make the game that The Regiment (Konami Europe 2006) should have been :cool:

Now I'll just live in hope that some weird cosmic fluke causes the Imperial War Museum to license Arma2 to create a historical SAS/SBS addon disc. It'll span 7 decades of history, with campaigns ranging from North Africa and Mediterranean Theatre to Malaya to Falklands to Mid-East. They will know that there is one addon maker to turn to. The one, the only. Jackal326 :D

Many thanks SJB for another quality release.

Hands down the best units I've seen for arma so far.

Just to make you all aware, I've now fixed all reported bugs so far (listed in the first post of the thread). I plan to release v1.02 at some point next week, which should hopefully be enough time for any other problems (if they exist) to be reported and fixed.

I'll try to add groups, but every attempt so far has been met with crashes to desktop. I'll keep trying though.

Thanks to some help from Binkowski, and him providing me with the correct coding for cfggroups in ArmA2 (I'd been using ArmA1 code and had encountered numerous errors), I've finally been able to include groups. (Yippee!)

Edited by Jackal326

SJB is there any chance you could put a small red cross on the medics HUD picture. you know when your commanding a squad and the squad member pictures are at the bottom. Its hard to tell which is the medic. A little red cross or soemthing wouldnt go amiss. Thanks man.

Stagler Out

SJB is there any chance you could put a small red cross on the medics HUD picture. you know when your commanding a squad and the squad member pictures are at the bottom. Its hard to tell which is the medic. A little red cross or soemthing wouldnt go amiss. Thanks man.

Stagler Out

I believe the game will automatically add the red cross if the unit is assigned as a medic class.

It dont have a little cross near the medic though. Well it doesnt on mine anyway. Medics tend to have the wooly hats on though.

The game automatically adds the red-cross, unless you over-write it and tell it to add another symbol (which I've done with the SAS winged-dagger). I'll look into sorting it so that it displays a medical cross for the medics.

EDIT: Just so you know, team leaders can heal too.

Just want to say thanks again, Jackal. The SAS addon is a class of its own, really high quality work. Can´t wait for your weapons pack! :yay:

Heya, will the next patch be able to include the beards for the units? I remember in Arma1 the addon included .gif files of beards that were automatically pasted onto the faces of the units when u play as them. Can u maybe look into implementing that to the units of Arma2 please?