Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB SAS Pack

Great update! The units that can use whatever headgear you select in your profile is a great feature. I hope it becomes more of a standard for addon makers to go the extra mile and include that feature.

Yeah, the credit for the idea goes to my squad-mate Ardvarkdb who originally did it with his SEALs. I figured it was a good idea and after much discussion between the two of us it was decided to include it with the UKSF.

Wow Jackal326, your SAS units and Ardvarkdb's Seals pretty much are the best ArmA2 addons. Sounds like you guys at TF86 sure are pretty awesome :yay:

guess i'll just stop making addons as there is no way i could ever top you guys.

Wow Jackal326, your SAS units and Ardvarkdb's Seals pretty much are the best ArmA2 addons. Sounds like you guys at TF86 sure are pretty awesome :yay:

guess i'll just stop making addons as there is no way i could ever top you guys.

Thanks a lot Jonny! Praise like that means a lot coming from someone like you. I'm sure when I say your original models and texture have been a great base to learn and build on both Jackal and Safeycatch would agree.

I wouldn't give up making addons though if I were you, I'm sure you can churn out something great if you keep at it!

Great update on the units. The MTP looks spot on and is a welcome addition.

The new camo is perfect. :D

Thanks!

Is there any way to get the default backpacks working with ACE? Or are there any plans to? They look really bare without them and none of those included with ACE fit like the defaults do.

I'm not sure whether its possible, but it has been discussed between SafetyCatch and myself with regard to making them ACE-compatible. Its something I'm going to look into, but I'm not even sure its possible without them actually being implemented into ACE.

I'll see what I can do.

Hi guys, just a quick question. How do you use the custom headgear that came with the addon?

Its easy, Just edit your Profile in ArmA2. The headgear's are like the sunglasses and the different faces you can choose.

Headgear.jpg

Thanks for that, i didnt even think to look there. I was looking for more editor based solutions :)

Thank u very much , great addon. Is there a way i can have these skins on my character as default? Like a replacment or something?

Thank u very much , great addon. Is there a way i can have these skins on my character as default? Like a replacment or something?

Only if someone makes a replacement file for these units. Without that you'll need to manually add them to whatever mission you want to use them in.

Only if someone makes a replacement file for these units. Without that you'll need to manually add them to whatever mission you want to use them in.

thank u for reply , am playing Domi AI west . Can u tell me plz how to add these units manually ?

The only replacement I've made, which was for my own personal use, was to replace the Razor Team characters with woodland SAS units. This posed a few issues with certain campaign missions (setidentity conflict I think were the route cause). Anyway, I don't have any plans to create any other replacement packs, but if someone else would like to do so, feel free to post them here and I'll sort a link into the original post as necessary.

Hey Jackal, just wondering, will you be updating the pack to take into account AO's new features such as back packs etc.

Also, would you consider making some SAS/ SBS troops in local civie type clothing for clandestine Op's in Takistan?

Keep up the great work.

Sorry for this late response. An update for the pack is planned, to implement thermal-imaging support etc. Also, a complete model and texture overhaul is planned. No time-frame for a release, simply: "when its done".

I hope to make the use of the addon as universal as possible. Whilst I haven't made much progress with the config, I do plan to make it OA-Only compatible. If that means making two seperate config files then so be it, but I wont forget about the OA-only people out there.

Awesome Addon but I'm having a little problem, When i try to make any unit that's using a (SAW) I get an error message. For example if i make a unit like "British SF (ACE), Assault Team Operator (SAW)" I get this message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons.ACE_M249para'.

I don't know if this is an "ACE-Mod" issue or a problem with the Addon ?

ps. I'm using ArmA 2:CO

Awesome Addon but I'm having a little problem, When i try to make any unit that's using a (SAW) I get an error message. For example if i make a unit like "British SF (ACE), Assault Team Operator (SAW)" I get this message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons.ACE_M249para'.

I don't know if this is an "ACE-Mod" issue or a problem with the Addon ?

ps. I'm using ArmA 2:CO

ACE2 related. They removed their M249 in the newest ACE2 version due to a version in OA.(Not sure if they plan to bring it back or if they got a new one in the works.) They posted a link at the WAGN that discusses what was removed in the most recent iteration of ACE2. If you open up the SAS ACE2 config and search for the ACE2_M249 classname you can manually change it to the OA classname. It's only a temporary fix and for personal use only of course. ;)

Edited by Manzilla