Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB SAS Pack

Just a suggestion/question, what about an SAS sniper? with an L96 (or AWM, not a big weapon geek here..) and a spotter of course.. ghillie and no ghillie :D the patrolleader's current gear looks a lot like the snipers ive seen on Militaryphoto's.net :D

anyways, great addon and its my #1 atm! props.. seriously <3

One of the most beautiful Unit MOD. Jackal326, cann't yu make a replacement.pbo to replace the original FR team units?

@Black²: I do plan on including units using the UKSF Weapons Pack I am currently working on. However, that wont be ready for a while. Whether or not I actually create a specific sniper-unit also remains to be seen.

@Lao Fei Mao: I've already made a replacement config for personal use, I'll probably release it in the next few days.

@Black²: I do plan on including units using the UKSF Weapons Pack I am currently working on. However, that wont be ready for a while. Whether or not I actually create a specific sniper-unit also remains to be seen.

@Lao Fei Mao: I've already made a replacement config for personal use, I'll probably release it in the next few days.

ahh ok, i guess thats some good news :) any pics of that UKSF weapon pack?

Only this one of the L119A1 thus far

SJB_L119A1_tn.jpg

CLICK ME FOR LARGER IMAGE

I plan several variations with different optics, attachments and such.

N.B. The model/textures are not 100% my work. I've had the model, in one form or another, on my hard-drive for several years, and I've finally managed to find out who originally made and released it: Twinke Masta.

According to the readme I just dug-up on an old backup CD, Twinke Masta originally released the M4A1 model for CS:S, and whilst it has been heavily modified and optimised for ArmA2 since then, he deserves full credit for the original model and textures.

Edited by Jackal326

I think you can find him on FPSbanana.com for rights..

still a nice model.. hes tallented..

I think you can find him on FPSbanana.com for rights..

still a nice model.. hes tallented..

Thanks, I shot him a PM and an email.

Just a further update on the weapons so far.

SJB_L119A1_Camo_Aimpoint_tn.jpg

FULL SIZE

SJB_MP5SD6_tn.jpg

FULL SIZE

(Original MP5SD6 Model/Textures also by Twinke-Masta)

The camo patterns are subject to alteration. The MP5 model is an update on the SD6 model featured in the SMG Pack I released for ArmA1.

Edited by Jackal326

Maybe somebody here can help me with a face problem with these units.

I'm using an SAS Patrol squad for a mission but when I give them individual Identities, I lose the cool camo/sunglasses that come inherently with these units.

Hers my Init.sqf

Redfox = Group Ramses;

Ramses setIdentity "Ramses";

Jonesy setIdentity "Jonsey";

Lumpy setIdentity "Lumpy";

Crasswell setIdentity "Crasswell";

Wilson setIdentity "Wilson"

Ramses setGroupid ["Redfox",""];

And here is my Description.ext

class CfgIdentities

{

class Ramses

{

name="Ramses";

face="";

glasses="none";

speaker="Dan";

pitch=1.00;

};

class Jonsey

{

name="Jonesy";

face="";

glasses="none";

speaker="male05en";

pitch=1.02;

};

class Lumpy

{

name="Lumpy";

face="";

glasses="none";

speaker="male0en";

pitch=1.00;

};

class Wilson

{

name="Wilson";

face="";

glasses="none";

speaker="male04en";

pitch=0.95;

};

class Crasswell

{

name="Crasswell";

face="";

glasses="none";

speaker="male02en";

pitch=1.00;

};

};

If I take away these Init, I get the cool faces but when I try to give them names, all there faces go back to generic. What are the face codes etc to get back that SAS look?

Just find a few faces you like the looks of, e.g. 'Face01' and then add '_camoX' to the end, where 'X' is a number between 1 and 6, e.g. 'Face01_camo5'.

The number affects the amount of camo they seem to wear, with camo1 being a light covering, camo2 being slightly thicker and so on, up to camo6 where it looks like someone has shat on the unit's face (not a big fan of anything other than 1 and 2 personally).

@Jackal

I have been using your addons since the OFP days. I've used all of your weapon packs and stuff since you created them. These SAS units are a great addition to your long list of high quality addons. Your addons have always been very professional and you should be very proud of your work. Thanks for spending the time to make these addons for us.

Ok, thanks, everything works fine. I thought you had added new faces cause they were some distinct looking bastards the way you made them in your photos.

@Jackal

I have been using your addons since the OFP days. I've used all of your weapon packs and stuff since you created them. These SAS units are a great addition to your long list of high quality addons. Your addons have always been very professional and you should be very proud of your work. Thanks for spending the time to make these addons for us.

Thanks for your kind words. I don't deserve all the credit though. Through my time in this community, back since the OFP days, I've had the pleasure and honour to work with a large number of talented individuals and teams, so much of the credit belongs to them. But thanks all the same

Ok, thanks, everything works fine. I thought you had added new faces cause they were some distinct looking bastards the way you made them in your photos.

I believe some of the screenshots may have indeed used custom faces, I'm not entirely sure as I didn't create the images myself, SafetyCatch dealt with that as I suck at getting a good atmosphere for such screenies. I may on the other hand be wrong, and they may just be loitering within the depths of ArmA2's many PBOs and Safety just happened to find them.

v1.04 of the UKSF Pack has been released. The change-log and a few new screenshtos have been posted in the first post of the thread, be sure to check them out before downloading (link also available in the first post, mirrors are always welcome).

Just tried them ... AWESOME work :) !

new MTP camo is great !

cheers

massi

These are so nice and professionally made, excellent job lads!

Most coolest thing beside the Units itself is the chooseable Headgear:yay:

Thanks Jackal for the work and effort, best units so far for ArmAII I think.

Edited by Sgt_Eversmann

Thanks for the mirror Foxhound.

I'm working on including more variety in the headgear pack (lucky I made it a seperate PBO eh?). I'll release the update sometime next week, which will add more types of bush hat, and possibly some baseball caps etc. It'll also fix the slight clipping seen on the headband on the SORDINS selectable headgear.

Just to confirm, the update will be for just the SJB_SAS_Headgear.pbo, which will be released on its own, so it will be a small download (~5mb).

@Jackal326

First i will concratulate you for your Excellent work.

But i miss the weapons that real british forces use :

L85A2 with Susat,

L86A2 with Susat,

L85A2 With AG36 and Susat,

L22A2 Carbine with Susat,

GPM,

GPMG with Blank Firing Attachment,

L96A1 in various forms.

And so on .

Maybe you can take advantage of an existing Weapon Pack.

Perhaps the UFK Weapon pack ?

Regards (ST6)Predator

Why?

The SAS, to the best of my knowledge, don't use L85s, they much prefer the M4A1-based L119A1s etc which I do have planned, but are a long way off yet. Besides, you said it yourself the UKF Pack has all that in it, just use that and kit the units out in the editor if you'd prefer to use L85s.