Sign in to follow this  
ebanks129

Wardak_WIP

Wardak_Region is now being developed for and with the Project Reality Mod. :)

Wardak Region - Based on actual satellite and terrain data of a 20 km x 20 km square area in the Wardak Province of Central Afghanistan.

Contains valleys, mountains, densely populated vegetation in the valleys..a pretty nice diverse terrain. Chosen out of pure randomness.

Pics will be up soon with the latest PR News:)

As far as real life Wardak. US Army occupies the area as well as Turkish ISAF. Though im not sure about that these days.

one known FOB in the province is FOB Airborne.

Edited by ebanks129

oh lawd now i know what to do ._. thx ebanks, i was waiting for this one ;)

Now that I saw those AWESOME screens. I'm going to download this right away! My God this is epic. Thank you ebanks! :D

yes yes its a WIP remember that please! but yes leave feedback on performance! that's what im looking for..

-and in one of those flickr sets(i think the latest one). i used the stalkers mod grey color thingy or whatever it was called :)

Oh please, please, PLEASE. Get rid of CAA1 dependency.

Outstanding work ebanks! Your map has set a new bar amongst the mapping community. Your creation is the epitome of all I have ever wanted from a map in the ARMA Series.

Since you are requesting feedback on performance, here is my report. Keep in mind I have a middle of the line to top of the line computer including a 9800M GTS and 4 GB of RAM.

I started off in an AH64D around the South Western Mountains and flew directly east towards the populated valley with structures and heavy vegetation. I had 40 FPS Average in mountainous areas. But as my view distance came in contact with the enormous amounts of grass and wheat fields I suffered from 35 FPS to 8 FPS. The 8 Frames Per Second quickly ceased as my view distance loaded all the objects and my fps bounced back to around 35 fps. Now the 24 FPS is nearly constant in the populated region.

Edited by Requiem007

ufff, really impressive this island, enchants to me! I did a video with 7500 of vision distance crossing all the green zone and lag was almost null, superb work in spite of being beta even.

i was gonna download this to have a look then i noticed the required pbos and CAA requirement.

If thats how you want to approach it thats cool, no problems, but a word of caution. MP communities will show less interest in maps/islands that require extra downloads /arent easily deployed in a single package/download. CAA1 is simply too cumbersome for MP groups and servers to use.

screens look amazing though, i do hope you can improve the download/package as you complete the WIP

Does anyone have a mirror? I want to post a news&download on arma2base.de but filefactoy does not allow me to download the map itself after leeching the required pbos...

Sorry, there are currently no free download slots available on this server.

Please try again later, or you can upgrade to FileFactory Premium below for instant access.

what the fuck is wrong with all the filehosters these days? i remember days u could download as much as u wanted ;C even on rapidshare :(

Someone awake @armaholic? ._. we need some new mirrors

*edit* wow after downloading the map i finally wanted to dl the other stuff....

Your download will begin in 3300 yeaahhh eh wtf is wrong with em disconnect doesnt works -.--------

Edited by Due-_-

Got it, put all files in caa1/addons, works a treat, thanks.

I started off in an AH64D around the South Western Mountains and flew directly east towards the populated valley with structures and heavy vegetation. I had 40 FPS Average in mountainous areas. But as my view distance came in contact with the enormous amounts of grass and wheat fields I suffered from 35 FPS to 8 FPS. The 8 Frames Per Second quickly ceased as my view distance loaded all the objects and my fps bounced back to around 35 fps. Now the 24 FPS is nearly constant in the populated region.

Pretty much the same experience here. FPS around 30 - 35 in the populated area at 40 feet height, montain area above 45 FPS. I have higher FPS as a soldier on the ground, though.

1440*1200

100% fillrate

VD 3500

Obj Det medium

Grass Low

PP low

every other setting high (except AA off)

system:

q6600@3,0GH

4 gig RAM

Ati 4870 1Gig

Win 7 64bit

Epic map you´ve got there, mate, looking forward to future updates! Great stuff!

Hey ebanks, do you have any plans to make this so CAA1 isnt needed in the future?

Anyways, great looking map/island!

If one already has the CAA1 addon, would I still need to download those extra required stuff or is it already whats included in CAA1?

He has to get the objects from somewhere. :rolleyes:

Anyway ... CAA1 standalone object packs.

Yes thank you for that Kju. I understand the whole CAA1 thing but it is required for the objects that are used. It could make it alot easier if you probably did just download that link provided.

@ROE- Yes you still need to download the required PBO's. They are the actual objects pbo's used for the map. I just couldnt fit them all in one .zip/.rar file.

island looks nice but i cant download it because the server is overloaded :(

Yeah, servers are overloaded :(

How big are those files ebanks? Might be able to temporarily host it on www.arma2.nl until one of the bigger mirrors take this one up.