Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

hi, a quick question that didn't get answered a few pages back,

Is there any way to set round casings to stay on the ground in singleplayer?

Don't think this is currently implemented, I'm hoping it will be. People don't think it will be implemented due to FPS loss, but that's why it's an option in the userconfig.

Don't think this is currently implemented, I'm hoping it will be. People don't think it will be implemented due to FPS loss, but that's why it's an option in the userconfig.

thanks, i had a look at the userconfig and (i assume this is for multiplayer???) you can set round casing to be deleted if the fps drops to a certain value of your choice- this shouldnt affect performance to much so i hope they do implement it

other than that, great mod, i cannot play arma 2 without it now :) thanks

Can't this be done via the .hpp's? I thought it was controllable from the ace_clientside_config.hpp. Had know idea it didn't work though. Never really paid to much mind to it. ;)

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CARTRIDGES STAY ON GROUND
--------------------
FEATURES: Adds brass and cartridges on the ground
---------
TO ENABLE: Change the numbers in the following block
----------
//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

class ACE_CARTRIDGES
{
enabled = 1;		// COMMENT: 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled
max_cartridges = 400; 	// COMMENT: max. amount of cartridges on map
max_distance = 0;	// COMMENT: max. distance until cartridges become deleted by FIFO
max_lifetime = 300;	// COMMENT: lifetime of cartridges in seconds
min_FPS = 15;		// COMMENT: min. FPs when cartridges become deleted
};

everytime when there is a new update i have to upload all the files via ftp client on our gameserver (ace and acex) thats a few mb and takes a long time to upload for me is there a faster way i can upload the new updated ace versions ?

I'm getting blinded by a white light every time I or someone on my team kill someone and also no comms chatter either.

Edit: also I heard there was a realistic javelin sight in this mod somewhere, but it seems as if there isn't one, it's just the silly crosshair.

Edited by MartiUK
see above

everytime when there is a new update i have to upload all the files via ftp client on our gameserver (ace and acex) thats a few mb and takes a long time to upload for me is there a faster way i can upload the new updated ace versions ?

I think that sickboy had something for that. Search his post and look. Or you could send him a pm.

I'd like to post a suggestion ticket in Dev-heaven at the ACE2 section but it seems that it always says my username and/or password is wrong when I try to log-in.

I already registered, triple-checked the my pass and user, already tried to change my pass, still no dice.

I'm getting blinded by a white light every time I or someone on my team kill someone and also no comms chatter either.

Edit: also I heard there was a realistic javelin sight in this mod somewhere, but it seems as if there isn't one, it's just the silly crosshair.

Update your ace for the bright white light, a hotfix was released recently.

Comms chatter has been brought up several dozen times already, look here.

Javelin sights are not included in this mod (yet?), but you'll find a very good Javelin system in Mando Missiles.

I updated my ACE to 2.219 and still no map WTH! Is there something I need to do to be able to view map again when I press M?

Ok I can see the map If I'm inside my apache but not when I dismount. Is this a new ACE2 feature?

Edited by pigglywiggly
Just found this out^^

You need to pick up a map from an ammo crate....

I updated my ACE to 2.219 and still no map WTH! Is there something I need to do to be able to view map again when I press M?

Ok I can see the map If I'm inside my apache but not when I dismount. Is this a new ACE2 feature?

You need to start the mission over if your loading one. If not, no clue why it doesn't work.

No, most vehicles like that have a map. If you don't have one and climb into the vehicles you get a map. Once your out, it's gone.

Yeah is there a way I can add a map to a custom ammo crate? All my crate have no map. Thanks for the reply guys. Can you be kind enough to tell me how I can add maps in the ammo crates or better yet to the soldiers inventory?:)

Map is fixed for me with the hotfix. Just try placing a rifleman in the editor. A saved mission will probably contain whatever items you had: So if you saved without a map, you will still not have a map. Restart.

Some "advanced" vehicles like HMMWVs and above will have a GPS. Low tech vehicles like support trucks and motorcycles will not. Also, in a HMMWV I think only driver and gunner (vehicle crew positions if you like) gets to use the vehicles GPS/Map feature, not the ones sitting in the back.

"ItemMap", ex:

_boxEquipment addWeaponCargo ["ItemMap",1];

if ((d_require_map_object != "off") || (d_require_map_object == "lead")) then {_boxEquipment addWeaponCargo ["ItemMap",1];};

All units (even civilians) starts by default with a map. You have to remove it manually if you want some additional heavy realism thing going.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Is there a way to manually download and install the updates? I followed the installation tutorial with the six updater and didn't encounter any problems but for some reason the updater doesn't update the mod. I tried almost every option in the 6updater menu but I still have the 1.82... version since I installed the mod a month ago.

hi all,

I can't use wounding system and body dragging,

any helps?

the mod is wonderful and other features work perfectly.

thanks a lot for replay.

best regards,

riki

Try placing the AE Wounding System module down in the editor, then you'll get wounding and that sort of thing. :)

@BogdanM

Is your updater skipping the mods or what? have you tried installing the latest updater?

And answer to your question: Not possible if you mean drag & drop method or manually downloading updates via browser/http... maybe you could try Yoma Addonsync, it should be very easy to use!

Any instructions for the YOMA updating method (deleting and replacing old files and such)?

BTW this latest update broke everything again. I think theyre being put out a little too often. Can't use ACE features in custom missions now again.

Edited by Njayjay

That information is so... helpful.

In return, I'd like to tell you that Yoma tools works like a charm if you use that one function. You know the one I'm talking about?

Njayjay: Can't use ACE features in custom missions now again.

I just tested a bunch of my crappy missions and everything worked perfect for me. Dont know why it doesnt for you. All updated correctly? Did you MOVE over the new USERCONFIG files from the ARMA2/@ACE folder into ARMA2/Userconfig/ACE/... ?

That is important as new keys etc been added.

Everyone playing Domi Ace on our dedi server still geting mismatch errors even though everyones (well those in our group of regulars) got the same version as the server. All updated today through Yoma

hi there,

i just downloaded ACE2 a few days ago. i have to say i am not really happy with it. my problems with it are these...

1. crashes, when i start ARMA2 with ACE 2 i got "arma.exe encountered a problem..." error a LOT more often then when playing without ACE2.

also when one finally joins a server without ACE2, rare find this days, ACE2 players joining this servers are creating problems and error messages.

2. whats this large cone of fire for all the small arms weapons? i try to shoot someone from 150 meters and bullets are flying by to the left and right of the guy but not where i point the red dot/iron sight.

in ACE 2 small arms shoots like 1700th century muskets or so.

3. over modeling of some other systems. i dont have first hand expirience here but what i read about the over armored M1A1 was enough. i dont know if that is fixed by now.

4. the wounding system is good and nice, but there is too many medical equipment. thats maybe one thing i would get used too but right now i am overwhelemed by the many medic items like morphine, ephedrine, bandage and large bandage and blah blah.

my biggest problem with all these is that there is no where a description to find about what does what. also the radio(PRC77 or so), what is this good for? its mighty heavy but i found no real use for it.

so in the end i regard vanillia ARMA 2 higher then the same with ACE 2 loaded. ACE 2 got good ideas and intentions but i find the execution of it at some times more then questionable.

3. over modeling of some other systems. i dont have first hand expirience here but what i read about the over armored M1A1 was enough. i dont know if that is fixed by now.

so in the end i regard vanillia ARMA 2 higher then the same with ACE 2 loaded. ACE 2 got good ideas and intentions but i find the execution of it at some times more then questionable.

No M1A1 is surely not overpowered.

But in the end it doesn't matter - if you like vanilla more just play vanilla.