Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Can i use stock sounds on servers that play ace mod without getting kicked of by the server ?

I like the original sounds better

You can disable the sm sounds by removing it from your shortcut. Also, PLEASE buy more ram for your sigs rig. It pains me to see such a nice system being handicapped like that.

Col, can't wait to see it! But one problem, I'm one of those guys that has web client issues (the internet page says DNS look up error every time using Six Updater - GUI). So I followed the lazy method to the "T" This method worked for me before the @ACE_SM, and @ACE_PLA came out. But now the Six Updater console opens for a second says something on the top of the window, but it closes to fast to read. From some\(little) DOS experience I've had, it's usually something wrong with a command line, but I don't know. Did alot of reading trying to figure it out, but all I could find is the Lazy method, and "" Or if you prefer the console: (Requires six-updater.yml configuration file, either from 'lazy method', or after once web-client, main, "execute" or "save" Without Autoskip) "" . Says their the lazy method works with out the web-client, worked before. I followed it to the exact instructions, and used the six-updater.yml supplied on the page for Arma Vanilla. Any else one try the lazy method? Or can help please! Can't get in multiplayer Ace2 with out it, and that would be very bad for me!

One other thing, the old Six Updater, was replaced with the current 0.4.4.....The old one worked fine. Could some one get it to me? That may worked, or some thing over looked in the new updater for web client issues?

And I noticed the new "" Default location: C:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\Six-Updater the .yml "" that the six-updater.yml, and latest Milestone release (".7zipped modfolders") go in to so thats not it..

The only thing I can think of is, I did not delete the old appdata\roaming\Six-Updater folder from the previous updater. I think the new updater installer would over write anything in their>

Also found this in my reading "" Console¶

(Only works properly after once web-client, main, "execute" or "save" Without Autoskip) ""

Edited by adamant

Col, can't wait to see it! But one problem, I'm one of those guys that has web client issues (the internet page says DNS look up error every time using Six Updater - GUI). So I followed the lazy method to the "T" This method worked for me before the @ACE_SM, and @ACE_PLA came out. But now the Six Updater console opens for a second says something on the top of the window, but it closes to fast to read. From some\(little) DOS experience I've had, it's usually something wrong with a command line, but I don't know. Did alot of reading trying to figure it out, but all I could find is the Lazy method, and "" Or if you prefer the console: (Requires six-updater.yml configuration file, either from 'lazy method', or after once web-client, main, "execute" or "save" Without Autoskip) "" . Says their the lazy method works with out the web-client, worked before. I followed it to the exact instructions, and used the six-updater.yml supplied on the page for Arma Vanilla. Any else one try the lazy method? Or can help please! Can't get in multiplayer Ace2 with out it, and that would be very bad for me!

One other thing, the old Six Updater, was replaced with the current 0.4.4.....The old one worked fine. Could some one get it to me? That may worked, or some thing over looked in the new updater for web client issues?

Please make a screenshot / attach logfiles; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Update: Please try enabling legacy mode: In the program files\six-updater folder, create a new text document (.txt), and name it legacy

Save your six-updater.yml into the program files\six-updater folder (like before the changes), and then run the console.

Update2: The new six-updater-setup-0.4.5 has improved exception handling; it is recommended to give it a spin; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

At least the windows should remain open for a while on error.

(If you tried legacy.txt before, after installing the new version you'd have to make the file again)

Edited by Sickboy

I think you can do something with: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

checkfiles[]={"dta\bin.pbo","a10\config.bin"};

maybe like

checkfiles[]={"@ACE\Addons\ace_version.pbo"};

or

checkfiles[]={"x\ace\addons\version\config.bin"};

and

onDifferentData = "command";

for command see: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_Side_Scripting

Please let us know what works for you so we can add it to our wiki to help others, Thanks!

So it doesnt work ((

Commands in server.cfg

checkfiles[]={"x\ace\addons\version\config.bin"};
onDifferentData = "kick (_this select 0)";

Are not kicking me but write that I using changed data, if I dont use ACE.

But if i use

onUserConnected = "kick (_this select 0)"

i kicked when i connected... so command is correct but dont work...

OK, so I got the newest .195 update using Vanilla (as someone suggested) but it shows me I'm still running ArmAII ver. 1.04, although had previously installed 1.05 and ran it successfully with the un-modded version. Also, just restarted & same result... Any suggestions? Do I install 1.05 again?

@Badger:

I am sorry but i'm not able to assist at this time. I would suggest a seperate thread in "A2 Multiplayer" with request of help on checking for missing addon files and kicking.

Otherwise in the coming weeks I hope to be able to make some time.

OK, so I got the newest .195 update using Vanilla (as someone suggested) but it shows me I'm still running ArmAII ver. 1.04, although had previously installed 1.05 and ran it successfully with the un-modded version. Also, just restarted & same result... Any suggestions? Do I install 1.05 again?

Go into web-client, Main page, select "A.C.E. Mod" preset, instead of A.C.E. Mod A2 Beta.

Click execute with your favorite action.

If no web-client/gui, please get the "lazy method" file for 'vanilla', and not 'beta' :)

(remove beta from modline, and use normal arma2.exe if you use custom shortcut)

Edited by Sickboy

ACEX biki updated with PLA class names

would you please check your shortcut? I am pretty sure it is \ArmA2\beta\arma2.exe -mod=beta in the Target Line

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

This is what it says... How do I correct it?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Go into web-client, Main page, select "A.C.E. Mod" preset, instead of A.C.E. Mod A2 Beta.

Click execute with your favorite action.

If no web-client/gui, please get the "lazy method" file for 'vanilla', and not 'beta' :)

(remove beta from modline, and use normal arma2.exe if you use custom shortcut)

Thanks Sickboy, I'll try to remove "beta".

For those with database/migration issues, please uninstall the software, make sure you remove the configuration files.

Then reinstall the new 0.4.2 setup

Thanks for report, I have implemented a workaround, please check Note 1

Please attach logfiles and details incase of still issues, thanks!

Logfiles are in Application Data (Appdata): http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater#Configuration-database-log-files

I still have migration issue.

I uninstalled the previous version and cleaned directory DATI APPLICAZIONI (I have the italian version of WinXP 32), installed the latest 0.4.5 version of the updater. Created the LEGACY.TXT file under its main directory and started the GUI... nothing new.

the error log says: ERROR: No migration with version number 2

For handy:

ACEX biki updated with PLA class names
I still have migration issue.

I uninstalled the previous version and cleaned directory DATI APPLICAZIONI (I have the italian version of WinXP 32), installed the latest 0.4.5 version of the updater. Created the LEGACY.TXT file under its main directory and started the GUI... nothing new.

the error log says: ERROR: No migration with version number 2

Thanks.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Update: Made a hotfix: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7408#note-20 (Note 20)

Edited by Sickboy

Please try latest version http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater (it has specific fixes for these exceptions), otherwise; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz , thanks!

Edited by Sickboy

hi.. this is the first time I installed ACE mod 2 into my computer. I managed to update it as well, but when I try to run it using the Arma launcher I got the message: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found

what should I do?

Pls ppl I am trying it the second time, can anybody pls help me...

Yesterday I updated to beta 2, also I downloaded the ACEX_PLA and the ACEX_SM and installed them, but both the SM and the PLA can not be used. I do not see the extra units and the sound has not changed at all.

I tried to delete he all ACE files and the updater, and install it again but with the same result.For the record, I added SM and PLA to the shortcut and I have the newest Six Updater. Pls help me, I do not know what to do anymore...

PS: In the main menu the version it shows is 0.1.195

PS 2: Shall I add the logs?

Try launching the game from the updater using the Install Or Update and Startgame action and see if that helps.

Except that you're not running with 12.5kg... An M240/M60 with respectable amount of ammo (ie you dont run out within 5 minutes) will net you like 50kg+. Which is very heavy indeed... If you're only carrying the machinegun and a couple of boxes and let someone else carry the rest of the ammo, you're gonna be just as quick as the rest. But of course this doesnt happen in your average game, need some more serious teamwork to have ammo boys.

If you want to go solo with a machinegun in ACE, pack an M249, MG36 or Para. They go up to around 30kg, much more tolerable in terms of stamina.

Thanks for your answer. I get it now.

Will throw out some boxes when running time comes. :D

Anyone encounter the problem of something like "can not find ca\weapons\abojnice_762.p3d" at the start of any mission ????????

Playing with original 1.05 is ok, but only with @cba;@ace;@acex. After some check, I found the problem lies in the @ace. Help!!!

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I am using the latest @ace. 35 195 160

Urhhhh, Help! :(

Ran the updater to the letter and everything seemed to download fine, no errors or anything, however when loading the game it gives me this message:

Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CAData

I hit OK and the game loads but it has missing textures and the screen is messed as if something didn't load. I then tried running the game through the updater but the same thing happens. Someone asked about this earlier in the post but didn't get a reply, any help is appreciated.

Uhm I have a problem, everytime I try to start Arma 2 this message comes up

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found."

But everytime I look in said file, I see it right there plain as day. So why isn't ACE2 starting and why am i getting this message?

Try launching the game from the updater using the Install Or Update and Startgame action and see if that helps.

Yes I tried it too with the same result...

Unintsall uptadr snd then remove schönyan to your win7 account name ,just try Daniel.Maybe that non english letter "ö" could cause problem.Teh insatll and run it again.

can some help me.

when i start Ace 2 i get the error that i need Ace c_gear PBO

and i get a error when i select a bradley about ammo because there is no ammo in that thing