Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Guys... I'm trying to download CBA, but I can't find this thing anywhere! the link on the main post takes me to some link where there is no download...

is this thign installed the same way as any other mod? (using arma 2 launcher)

CBA can be found on the same place as official ACE downloads - Six Updater.

And thank you for the update, Sickboy! Launching Six Updater to download now :)

ahhh ok, six updater... I'm downloading that right now... however it's at a crawling speed of 12kb!!! :(

Changed

* DisplayEventhandling is now split into low-level abstraction layer and high-level api (specially for keyDown/keyUp/Actions). You can now register any displayEvent with CBA events (And enjoy the workaround for save->loadgame DEH issues). [sickboy]

Fixed

* Display eventhandlers (keys/actions) are now reattached after loading a saved game. [sickboy]

F$*%*n' beautiful fix! Thanks bud.

And this!:

# AI medic handling for sys wounds [Xeno]

# Player pain effects for sys wounds [Xeno]

Thanks Xeno, fantastic! I assume this means the AI medics will now heal other units? Wow that would be wonderful.

Edited by Manzilla

cannot download it from filefront. Some mirrors plz?

Which release? The most recent update? I'm not sure if anyone has the updated files up yet.

Are people providing .rar archives for the updates now? I didn't realize anyone was keeping up with that.

Hi!

I get the "Userconfig"error when starting up the game. I never get to actually get into the game, the error message aborts it. I've read the faq, but I really don't understand what it says (yeah, I know, n00b). Can someone please help me with this problem?

Jonstyle

i guess youre launching the old beta exe.

What would the correct addition be to add to the shortcut target?

Hi, I'm trying to update my Seal campaigns using the ACE wounding system. Do I need to disable the BI First aid modules? Anybody please help.

Hi, I'm trying to update my Seal campaigns using the ACE wounding system. Do I need to disable the BI First aid modules? Anybody please help.

Yes. At least I'm pretty sure you shouldn't use the BIS system with the ACE2 version. Xeno had mentioned it in the old thread. Now unless he's made them compatible I believe they still shouldn't be used together.

EDIT:

Hold on! What does this mean Xeno?

# AI medic handling for sys wounds [Xeno]

Does this mean that an AI medic will heal wounded units? Because I just tried but the medic still does nothing when units are injured.

Edited by Manzilla

What would the correct addition be to add to the shortcut target?

The target of your shortcut would be something like "C:\Program Files\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" - simply remove the "beta\" pathing.

i.e. "C:\Program Files\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

Yes. At least I'm pretty sure you shouldn't use the BIS system with the ACE2 version. Xeno had mentioned it in the old thread. Now unless he's made them compatible I believe they still shouldn't be used together.

EDIT:

Hold on! What does this mean Xeno?

Does this mean that an AI medic will heal wounded units? Because I just tried but the medic still does nothing when units are injured.

Do you know if I need to disable first aid action or simulation or both?

Not working... I get 'Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found error...

I did the install with that six updater, and just let it run just like the flash video. then I enabled the ACE, ACEX, and CBA mods from the ARMA II Launcher

I did however get this error just before the CMD window started downloading bunch of stuff... it said this for @ACE, @ACEX (I put this in the arma folder before download?)

WARNING: Folder already exists but seems incompatible. Not Installing.

If you want the software to install this mod, please delete this folder

should I delete the folders and try again?

Not working... I get 'Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found error...

I did the install with that six updater, and just let it run just like the flash video. then I enabled the ACE, ACEX, and CBA mods from the ARMA II Launcher

I did however get this error just before the CMD window started downloading bunch of stuff... it said this for @ACE, @ACEX (I put this in the arma folder before download?)

should I delete the folders and try again?

sounds like you had a userconfig folder before, delete / rename JUST the userconfig folder and run it again

Wounding system works great! Good job guys.

Did not see any difference to beta 1. Can anyone tell me how it is supposed to work?

How can I enable to get the wounds system working by default?

Ive got a question about the Six Updater, being used on remote hosted dedicated servers.

Im using TC Admin to start/stop the six updater, and im logging into the six updater portal on the remote server through an IP. Im able to run the updater just fine, and everything has worked fine for me for the most part. so no big problems here, but id like to know what the six updater is doing once i hit update/install. Is there a way (could one be developed) for the remote web updater to open a new tab in my browser and refresh every 5 seconds or so, letting me know what is going on with the update/install process?

@Kroky; You activate the medic system the same way you activate the BIS Medic Systems; By adding the module to a mission.

With a simple addon you should be able to activate the system in any mission.

@Razer; If the modfolders are currently incompatible, but would like to use the updater, please delete the folders and run the updater.

Ive got a question about the Six Updater, being used on remote hosted dedicated servers.

Im using TC Admin to start/stop the six updater, and im logging into the six updater portal on the remote server through an IP. Im able to run the updater just fine, and everything has worked fine for me for the most part. so no big problems here, but id like to know what the six updater is doing once i hit update/install. Is there a way (could one be developed) for the remote web updater to open a new tab in my browser and refresh every 5 seconds or so, letting me know what is going on with the update/install process?

Hey, glad you are using the software to it's potential :)

This is functionality built in from the start :)

Please check "In-browser" checkbox before clicking execute, it should open an ajax-autorefreshed page which will contain the output of the updater.

Otherwise, at the "Logs" section, pick "Updater" to fetch the logfile.

If you have problems, please check: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Thanks!

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks a TON!

btw.. i really wish all addons would be released on the six-updater! it would make managing server so much simpler! LOVE IT!

Getting serious dedicated server crashes. Two servers down so far after < 5 minutes play.

Some Ace file errors on joining as well for people.

Will players and AI have the ability to shoot from a flying little bird ever?

Also, enemy AI don't see / fire at a little bird until it lands on the ground.

Getting serious dedicated server crashes. Two servers down so far after < 5 minutes play.

I confirm.

Can confirm that we having the same problem on XR - Public #2 after updating. Crashed like 3times just after updating. Was fine before that. We notice the crashes happen always after a update.

Can confirm it too, hope you are able to find and fix the problem soon. Untill that i will downgrade ace via yoma. (good to have both, hehe)