Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hi all, we (me and my clan) have a dedicated server on a server farm, we already have ACE2 ver. 195 installed and working on the server and everything is fine.

We use Addon Sync 2009 to update our client, but if we need to update our server we need to use Filezilla (an FTP client) and upload the new files (by comparing dimension and date) but it's really slow with our home connection (180MB takes me more than 1 hour)

We have only an FTP access and a HTTP access to the server, so we can start or stop it; change the command line; and modify the server.cfg but we don't have direct access

We can't ask web farm admins to update our server every 3 or 4 days, and we can't upload every time large amounts of data.

Is there any other way to keep up to date the server?

Tanks,

[RT] DuM3D0

Just a very quick suggestion, how about an invisible backpack? It would be ideal for those units that already have one on their character models. That way you could have a backpack without having 2 of them clipping through each other.

Seconded.

I did the updater thing with the "six-update" whatever-the-fuck-you-call-it, and I dont know how to launch it.

Way to get a lot of help with that attitude... :j:

If you updated the program - how can you not know how to lauch it? Do you mean the website where you manage presets etc? Give us more info if you want help. We all know it can be frustrating when you want to play and things dont work out, but you always get help around here.

HOW TO VIDEO (If this is what your looking for?)

Alex

They really, really, really need to fix the wind. The wind should not shift every 3 seconds.

Just a very quick suggestion, how about an invisible backpack? It would be ideal for those units that already have one on their character models. That way you could have a backpack without having 2 of them clipping through each other.

thats actually a really good idea. you should make a ticket at dev heaven

I just played with the ACE Wounding System Modul, is the System with Bandages and Morphine allready availible now, cause on the BIKI i just saw "not availible in Beta1", wondering since its updated to 2...

I want to use it for Singleplayer.If i grab it from a box, i got it, but if i add it with a "addmagazine" its not there.missed something?

Way to get a lot of help with that attitude... :j:

If you updated the program - how can you not know how to lauch it? Do you mean the website where you manage presets etc? Give us more info if you want help. We all know it can be frustrating when you want to play and things dont work out, but you always get help around here.

HOW TO VIDEO (If this is what your looking for?)

Alex

The only way I got to launch it was by running the updater and selecting it to launch the game. I have to go through that trouble each and every time I want to launch the game? I can't just create some desktop shortcut?

Well I have to put my suggestion here since my email is not working, so I cannot activate my account at Developer Heaven.(But I will place it there once I can activate my account.)

Well I am sure you can. Check your spam folder for dev-heaven activation mail...that was the place where it was stored at mine.

The only way I got to launch it was by running the updater and selecting it to launch the game. I have to go through that trouble each and every time I want to launch the game? I can't just create some desktop shortcut?

Oh yes ofcourse you can have an icon on your desktop. In your ARMA2 directory you have ARMA2.EXE. Send that to desktop and you have it there. And in its properties/TARGET line you add: -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM -nosplash (check the addon names properly - im not home!). Thats the same way you do normally when launching addons with ARMA.

Even better:

Im sure though that when you use the Six Updater and install ACE2 you will get an ACE2 ARMA2 launcher icon in the ARMA2 folder wich you can just send to desktop. ;) Look into your ARMA2 folder - there should be 1 or 2 icons that says @ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM...

I can't get the sight adjustment/GL range display to show up with shift+V anymore. I've been asking about it for a while now. Did something change in this version or is it just me?

Nothing changed. Cant you get it up ever? Or is it during some mission?

@tcp; Cool :) I would suggest a ticket at DH where the info about the software is available, as a central topic for the soft? Im interested to know what you cooked up too :)

I can't get the sight adjustment/GL range display to show up with shift+V anymore. I've been asking about it for a while now. Did something change in this version or is it just me?
Nothing changed, everything's still the same; Want help? Reports incl logs and details go onto the tracker; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz Edited by Sickboy

How can I test the HuntIR system in the editor? Do I place a box and add the following lines in the initialization field?

_vehicle addmagazinecargo ["ACE_HuntIR_monitor",10];

_vehicle addmagazinecargo ["ACE_HuntIR_M203",3];

There is a HuntIR ammo crate under Æ Ammunition in the editor containing monitors and cameras.

While were on the topic. The earplugs and kestrel are they only accesible from classnames or will they appear in a box in the future? Maybe they are but i never found them? :)

Thanks.

Read post #69 and this.

But what if you want to put Russia and the US against the ChDKS(Insurgents) or put the US and Russia against the CDF?

I have not got my Email account working, my dad needs to help me set it up. I recently had to get a reformat and lost everything.

But what if you want to put Russia and the US against the ChDKS(Insurgents) or put the US and Russia against the CDF?
Then you setup a thread (or search) in the mission editing area, and you find out how to set friendly and enemy status per unit, side or whatever.

Could we please stop using the ACE thread as generic support platform?

Server admins who can't setup servers...

Missionmakers who don't know how to edit missions...

There's a whole forum dedicated to you guys; please use it instead :D

Edited by Sickboy

Question: will the wounding system eventually be a feature available for any mission (older missions, non-ace campaigns etc), or will it always require specific editor placement as a module?

I have a really strange bug. I can't see the new ACEX_PLA content in the editor. And the ACEX_SM hasn't changed the sound either. All other ACE related content works. And yes I have added ACEX_PLA and ACEX_SM to the icon target. Pls people can anybody help me? I also tried to launch it from the Six Updater...

Thanks a lot...

@tcp; Cool :) I would suggest a ticket at DH where the info about the software is available, as a central topic for the soft? Im interested to know what you cooked up too :)

Nothing changed, everything's still the same; Want help? Reports incl logs and details go onto the tracker; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

Sorry for the dumb question but how do I open a new ticket?

Question: will the wounding system eventually be a feature available for any mission (older missions, non-ace campaigns etc), or will it always require specific editor placement as a module?
Not sure yet. If we can properly detect other Medic frameworks, I reckon we'd enable ours by default.
I have a really strange bug. I can't see the new ACEX_PLA content in the editor. And the ACEX_SM hasn't changed the sound either. All other ACE related content works. And yes I have added ACEX_PLA and ACEX_SM to the icon target. Pls people can anybody help me? I also tried to launch it from the Six Updater...

Thanks a lot...

Please, ticket, rpt, details: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz
Sorry for the dumb question but how do I open a new ticket?
Register, activate your account (email confirmation), hit new issue. http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

New issue created, check updates. Seems shift+v is not working only with grenade launchers. M107 sight adjustment brought up the display fine.

Edited by Njayjay

Could we please stop using the ACE thread as generic support platform?

Server admins who can't setup servers...

Missionmakers who don't know how to edit missions...

There's a whole forum dedicated to you guys; please use it instead :D

Yes please, the s&^t's getting annoying. Also instead of just asking, do a forum search in the respect forum section. Almost everything people ask over and over has already been asked over and over, and answered over and over too.

Just a suggestion. It gets difficult for us that enjoy helping others with their questions when we have to keep reading through posts that have been asked a 100 times just to get to the one question that needs answering. It makes things easier for us all.

Happy New Years everyone, see you in a few weeks! Thanks again to Sickboy and all involved with ACE2! Pure geniuses at work!

Hi all, we (me and my clan) have a dedicated server on a server farm, we already have ACE2 ver. 195 installed and working on the server and everything is fine.

We use Addon Sync 2009 to update our client, but if we need to update our server we need to use Filezilla (an FTP client) and upload the new files (by comparing dimension and date) but it's really slow with our home connection (180MB takes me more than 1 hour)

We have only an FTP access and a HTTP access to the server, so we can start or stop it; change the command line; and modify the server.cfg but we don't have direct access

We can't ask web farm admins to update our server every 3 or 4 days, and we can't upload every time large amounts of data.

Is there any other way to keep up to date the server?

Tanks,

[RT] DuM3D0

Someone put my new thread in this thread? :annoy:

In this way nobody can't understand anything... i think it's an interesting matter to help people manage Arma2 server, there is no help to make server work fine, and the only way to get good info is the forum but if admins put everything in one BIG MESS less people will get help.. IMHO

Byez..