Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

i suppose replace them,..

dont forget to enter your username again in the: ace_clientside_config.hpp

as there are some changes in those files asswel

doesnt mather so am i

WTF??? panic button??

What the hell are you people speaking about?

Damn, i have read all (or almost all) changelogs from ACE2, and i have never read anything like a new feature of a key for an "adrenaline shot". I have searched now in the ACE features, and ACE keybindings and there is no reference to it.

Will investigate when i reach home.

PD: If the ACE team doens't like so much complaining about the stamina system, they should try to annouce better this and update their own wiki.

WTF??? panic button??

What the hell are you people speaking about?

Damn, i have read all (or almost all) changelogs from ACE2, and i have never read anything like a new feature of a key for an "adrenaline shot". I have searched now in the ACE features, and ACE keybindings and there is no reference to it.

Will investigate when i reach home.

PD: If the ACE team doens't like so much complaining about the stamina system, they should try to annouce better this and update their own wiki.

I don't know what it is all about either but it sure is listed in the ace_keys.hpp:

class ace_sys_stamina
{
	class Panic_Button
	{			
		key = 69;	// Num - Whatever
	};
};

I'm not sure but I think it's the num lock key.

Uhm, a heavy machinegun (as in just the machinegun, no AT) with decent amount of ammo can reach 50kg (or more if you want even more ammo).

Its kind of odd to make examples of weight when you pick one of the lightest assault rifles or one of the lightest machineguns.

That's why the heavier weapons like the M240 and the SMAW are usually employed by a two man team. One carries the weapon and some ammo, the other guy carries extra ammo. Don't expect to carry a heavy machinegun or AT weapon and a decent amount of ammo yourself and still be able to run long distances.

I like the stamina system. Just don't overload youself, use realistic loadouts and there will be no problem. And don't expect to run several kilometers to a target with lots of heavy stuff, either walk or use a vehicle.

I never looked into the keys file, as i had no need to change any key, i just believed the new keys from ACE2 were this

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Keybindings_for_ACE2

You may want to check that file out. Those keys are out dated and the list doesn't include a bunch of new stuff. Some keys were changed and new one features added. And you can change the key bindings to your liking.

That's why the heavier weapons like the M240 and the SMAW are usually employed by a two man team. One carries the weapon and some ammo, the other guy carries extra ammo. Don't expect to carry a heavy machinegun or AT weapon and a decent amount of ammo yourself and still be able to run long distances.

I like the stamina system. Just don't overload youself, use realistic loadouts and there will be no problem. And don't expect to run several kilometers to a target with lots of heavy stuff, either walk or use a vehicle.

thats true

but blacking out after only 150 mtrs isnt that a little to soone to black out.

couldnt that be changed to not being able to run anymore but just walk with heavy breathing,

or just drop down but still being able to answer a decent amount of lead when under heavy fire.... would be nice

Seems like the ACE_tracking.hpp in @ACE2/userconfig file is older than the one i had in userconfig/ACE2 folder, whats up with that? should i put the newer back in or what, does this even have any effect on anything?

The one i had in userconfig/ACE2 folder was last modified 28.11.2009 and the other was modified 8.9.2009, weird huh.

Do some reaserch into the warning systems mounted on helicopters and jets.

Then why did US pilots say they didn't see it coming when they have these systems? There are warning systems for laser and radar. Detecting a passive missile is almost impossible if you don't see it.

Btw... the automatic flare system is the most unrealistic feature in the game.

hmm didnt know we had to copy the .hpp files to Arma2/userconfig/Ace.

In my Arma2/Userconfig/ folder I have two ACE directorys, one called Ace/ and one called ACE_1260646634/ . Do I need to have both of them? Do I have to copy all the new .hpp files from Ace/userconfig/ to both?

Edited by -=seany=-

I also had a file in userconfig/ACE2 that was newer than the file in @ACE2/userconfig. It would be nice to know exactly what .hpp files we should copy where.

I also had a file in userconfig/ACE2 that was newer than the file in @ACE2/userconfig. It would be nice to know exactly what .hpp files we should copy where.

Mine was the other way around. The .hpp files in the @ACE2 folder are newer then the one's in the main userconfig folder

Mine was the other way around. The .hpp files in the @ACE2 folder are newer then the one's in the main userconfig folder

Most of mine were like that too, but one of the files was not.

Then why did US pilots say they didn't see it coming when they have these systems? There are warning systems for laser and radar. Detecting a passive missile is almost impossible if you don't see it.

Btw... the automatic flare system is the most unrealistic feature in the game.

It's not totaly true , the most modern aircraft do have launch detect ( they detect the flash that the missile produced when launched) But only some aircraft have such system I refer to my previous post:

Only F35/AH64/Su34/Uh1Y/ah1Z are warned of missile launch, for Ka-52 I lack the information.

But Mi-24,Ah-1W ,su25,A10 and AV8 have only a RWR so their only warned of fox 1 or fox 3(in ACE2 the only Fox1 or 3 are the Tunguska's missile and Su-27's R-27) but not of IR guided missiles wich are fox2 (Stinger,igla,strela or sidewinder,R73)

For instance look here : http://www.bellhelicopter.com/en/aircraft/military/bellUH-1Y.cfm

it is mentioned AN/AAR-47 missile warining :

But a lot of aircraft do not have such systems (on the OPFOR side the only one is the SU-34 for instance). So I agrre that a default automatic flare launch is unrealistic and breaks gameplay

Edited by luckyhendrix

hmm didnt know we had to copy the .hpp files to Arma2/userconfig/Ace.

In my Arma2/Userconfig/ folder I have two ACE directorys, one called Ace/ and one called ACE_1260646634/ . Do I need to have both of them? Do I have to copy all the new .hpp files from Ace/userconfig/ to both?

how many of the ACE_1260646634 folders do u have??

use the one with the highest number the .hpp files in that folder are the new ones.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Wonderful update! Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Wire cutters! Holy S#%$! Now that's something I've been dying to have. Thanks again guys!

tnks for the great update guys (again!)

and ofc verry great to see

•RAVLIFTER from RAVEN (ty very much for this) [Xeno]

:cool:

"Wirecutter" sounds intriguing. Is it what it sounds like? :)

Damn I sure hope so. That is such a well needed option it's silly. :D

tnks for the great update guys (again!)

and ofc verry great to see

•RAVLIFTER from RAVEN (ty very much for this) [Xeno]

:cool:

No doubt about the RAVLIFTER. It's great to see things getting added on such a regular basis. Only in this community could something like this happen, my opinion of course. ;)

Edited by Manzilla

h3. Fixed

* Nil _x error in SYS_Stamina [rommel]

* Pain blurr effects (also for nvgoogles) [Xeno]

* Rucksack buttons disappearing after death [rocko]

h3. Added

* Earplugs to CDF [rocko]

* M1028 Canister shells [rocko]

* RAVLIFTER from RAVEN (ty very much for this) [Xeno]

* Spottingscope [rocko]

* Sys_thermal - working for Javelin, SOFLAM, M107, KSVK [zGuba]

* Wirecutter [rocko]

h3. Removed

* Thermal stuff from basic M107/KSVK [zGuba]

hope they solved the blackout issue im having

new wire cutter

think rav lifter is ability to lift ammo or trucks with helo

as far as i see no changes in the config files ...

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba