Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

please read :Posts here and before the manual

This question is answered XTIMES

Thanks, solved the problem(s)

I'm running multiple mods, ACE, ZeusAI and GL4 so I'm not sure which of those the following issue pertains to so I'll post in all 3 threads:

My AI teammates are not engaging the enemy when they are past a certain distance, even though they are clearly within visual range. Is this some setting that needs to be configured? It's like their detection range became much shorter. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by Njayjay

@SNKMAN, are the enemies able to call in artillery eventhough no artillery pieces are on the map? I replayed the Chesty Puller Campaign today with GL4 and had artillery called in on me like anything... it was HELL ON EARTH! hahahhaha!

@ Njayjay

try GL4 alone, and then add one by one to find the problem

Just thought Id add to anyone really wanting to see the power of this in action then play this with the user made campaign "Chesty Puller" .. its perfect to show off what this can do :)

I don´t think chatter for infanterie is good. Imagine you are n a stealth mission, and there is some radio chatter all the Time....Breaks immersion

@SNKMAN, I found a DEADLY bug today. :)

When using GL4 with bleeding feature turned on along with ACE2, you will hit yourself and eventually kill yourself if you use any MGs with red dot on bipod.

Bug reproduce:

Start the game with ACE2 + ACEX + GL4. Go to editor, Grab a Mk48 or Para, go prone, put it on bipod and fire away. You will see splatters of blood on the screen and if you ignore it and continue firing, you will die within about 5 seconds.

I tested this without ACE2 and just ACE2 without GL4 before coming to this conclusion. In fact, the bug don't happen if you use ACE2 + GL4 in the above scenario and simply go prone without deploying the bipod. It also doesn't happen if you are using a scoped MG on bipod. Only happens with red dot sight on bipod.

Yes, it doesn't happen when using just ACE2 without GL4 or using GL4 with bleeding feature turned off.

(I know making GL4 work better with ACE2 probably isn't in your list of priorities. Sorry if I am bothering.)

@JumpingHubert / Telik , that will be the DSAI mod you need. Trash talk according to situation in english for blufor and russian for opfor. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92226&highlight=dsai . :) The DSAI in GL4 doesn't do trash talk, only the important talk like grenade, reloading etc.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I would like to know if this is correct or not, I wanted to turn on the affects and it says "True" means enabled and that by default true is set for all my affects but in the line it shows:

// Set this variable False to disable the Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Global set [0, False];

In order for this to be activated do I change the "False" to "True" here [0, False]

I would like to know if this is correct or not, I wanted to turn on the affects and it says "True" means enabled and that by default true is set for all my affects but in the line it shows:

// Set this variable False to disable the Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request.

// GL4_Global set [0, False];

In order for this to be activated do I change the "False" to "True" here [0, False]

The default is already "True", so you don't have to do anything. If you wanted to make it false, you would remove the //'s from the last statement.

Just so you know, the //'s keeps the script from reading that line as code -thats why the first 2 lines are really just explanations. Once you remove the //'s, the script will now read that line as code.

Oh ok, well I did change the ones I wanted to "True" but did not remove any of the // so it still should be fine correct? thanks.

@jasonnoguchi

are the enemies able to call in artillery eventhough no artillery pieces are on the map?

Nope.

Group Link 4 enemy A.I. Artillery only is available after a real artillery cannon was placed in the mission and controlled by a gunner.

I found a DEADLY bug today.

Many thanks for reporting this. ;)

But i already know about this bug.

Another member of the community already told me about this.

Such things really should and can be fixed to make different mods work toghetter more flawless and of course i will try to fix this.

@JumpingHubert

is it possible to add chatter for infantry?

Sure everything is possible, but like already told i think this isn't the very best thing too.

Radio Chatter should be used by vehicles only.

@froggyluv

The default is already "True"

Thanks for your explanation. :)

Edited by SNKMAN

@zfreeman

Well the Radio CHatters are still there and working.

Make sure your unit don't have a "this setCaptive True" in it's initialize field.

Becouse by doing this you will switch to the side "CIVILIAN" and civilians do not use Radio Chatter.

I made sure of it and radio chatter still isn't working for me but it worked with the previous version of your mod. Any other ideas?

Well the only reason why this may could happend is that you don't have the "UserConfig" folder with the Group Link 4 settings inside your ArmA 2 directory.

Is Group Link 4 initialized correctly? Do you have a player marker at the map?

thx for the answer snkman.

@TeilX

it doesnt work well. You can´t give orders to your ai running this inf chatter addon.

Which line would I remove the // to disable the entire feature or do I need to remove the // in front of each line? just want to make sure and I would like to disable some of the entire section of features, thank you.

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Surrender:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if enemy A.I. should have the chance to surrender if they are fleeing.

// GL4_Global set [43, False];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Courage Fix:

// Choose the courage which the enemy A.I. should use.

// Note: The higher this value the higher the chance that enemy A.I. will surrender.

// 0 - 1, default is 0.1

// GL4_Global set [44, 0.1];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Courage Random:

// Choose the random courage which the enemy A.I. should use.

// Note: This value will randomly increase the value given above.

// 0 - 1, default is 0.5

// GL4_Global set [45, 0.5];

Enemy A.I. Surrender Rank:

// Choose the chance of how fast enemy A.I. with a specific rank should be able to surrender.

// 0 - 100, default is PRIVATE: 70 | CORPORAL: 60 | SERGEANT: 50 | LIEUTENANT: 40 | CAPTAIN: 30 | MAJOR: 20 | Colonel: 10

GL4_Global set [46, [70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10] ];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Group Size:

// Choose how much units of a enemy A.I. group must be alive till a unit of the enemy A.I. group will think about surrendering.

// 1 - 10, default is 3

// GL4_Global set [47, 3];

Enemy A.I. Surrender Friendly:

// Choose how much friendly A.I. units have to be nearby the surrendering A.I. unit.

// Note: If there are more A.I. units friendly to the surrendering A.I. unit like set here nearby the surrendering A.I. unit then the unit will not surrender.

// 0 - 100, default is 3

GL4_Global set [48, 3];

Enemy A.I. Surrender Captive Player:

// Choose how many captives each player can capture at the same time.

// 0 - 10, default is 3

// GL4_Global set [49, 3];

Enemy A.I. Surrender Fleeing:

// Choose the chance of how enemy A.I. which already was captured by a player will try fleeing.

// 0 - 100, default is 5%

// GL4_Global set [50, 5];

do i just need to take out the // in these lines with GL4: ( // GL4_Global set [43, False];) Since all of these are by default turned on, do I need also to deactivate them by writing true or false in there? sorry just a little confused and want to turn of a few things, thanks.

Edited by blackpulpit

Hi,

just made my first experiences with GL4 and I like it! Very good work ;)

Playing around with editor on "Duala-Island" and amazing what I saw.

Here is my question:

So far I managed to turn off enemies artillery in the "GL4_Global.sqf" but how can I turn off my own Artillery? My guys are shredding the whole town that I intend to capture within seconds! :o

Must admit that I didn't read all 70 pages of this thread but a big part of it and couldn't find any answers.

Btw. there is no Artillery placed on my side.

Mein Kompliment an SNKMAN,gute Arbeit!

Since all the features are turned on by default, do I simply take out the // in front of the... //GL4_Global set blah blah blah [43, False]

will this deactivate the feature or do I still need to change the false to true or vice versa, thanks.

Whats the rule for reinforcements or arty? Does the enemy ever run out of these?

Edited by Njayjay

Since all the features are turned on by default, do I simply take out the // in front of the... //GL4_Global set blah blah blah [43, False]

will this deactivate the feature or do I still need to change the false to true or vice versa, thanks.

Yes that will deactivate that particular feature. You don't need to type true, just unleash the code by removing the //'s.

Whats the rule for reinforcements or arty? Does the enemy ever run out of these?

Reinforcements are adjustable in the GL4_Global.sqf. You can adjust the distance, delay ,courage etc... there. Artillery can have its chance of being called percentage lowered or raised, as well as type of ammo.

EXCELLENT addon! I just have one clarification .. I have CBA so it is loaded in all mission by default. If I wanted to disable in one particular mission do I have just place the system logic in mission by it self ??

If so, I did that but ocassionally it asks for system logic to be synched with a group?

Thanks for your help.

Does the enemy ever run out of reinforcements? How do u set the amount?

Amazing addon. I started playing with this yesterday and I was so impressed I went through all 70 pages of this thread so I can learn more of how it evolved and how to use it better. GL4 has become as essential for me as ACE over the course of a single night.

In an earlier post, you said that fixed the issue that was causing BLUFOR and OPFOR to attack civilians when using the default CBA method of loading GL4. I've been using the module method so that I have more control over how it works, and I notice an issue. When I play as a civilian to monitor the AI, they don't attack me, but they are threatened by me. BLUFOR goes into combat mode as soon as they see me, and even pop smoke sometimes to get away from me. But they don't actually fire on me.

I also have a request that could turn out to be fairly ambitious but I think it is one of the biggest things holding the AI back from behaving more human. The idea is simply that the AI doesn't prioritize which direction they should be watching very well. They will often take cover and start watching the opposite direction of where they are getting attacked from. I understand that they scan their flanks to try and avoid being flanked from the sides, but they often go prone and just watch in the complete opposite direction of the incoming fire which is a waste.

I don't know if the best way to handle this is to have some kind of array to keep track of which areas are likely to be safe, hostile, or "unknown", but it seems like you could do a lot with something like that. The biggest improvement right now would be for the AI to know "I'm taking fire from the north, so I will take cover and try and watch or return fire to the north, and occasionally check NE and NW for additional contacts, but I will completely ignore the South because that is the direction I came from".

But if the AI kept an array of surrounding areas which they updated periodically as being either hostile, safe, or unknown, they could also move through the terrain smarter. For example, they could be moving across a flat terrain that they know is "safe" because they already scouted that direction. Then when they start to crest a hill, the area beyond that might be considered "unknown", so they go into stealth mode, crest the hill, scout ahead, and mark the array as either "safe" or "hostile" and then proceed accordingly.

Likewise, if you gave an AI group a waypoint to an area that they already know is hostile, they could do a better job of approaching cautiously, and from a direction that gives them some cover, concealment, and/or height advantage. Bonus points if you could get them to go into "hold fire" mode while they get into position, and then open fire once they all are near cover and have a target in sight.

I know it sounds ridiculously ambitious, but it only in the sense that it would be a lot of coding. It doesn't seem impossible to me, but I don't know enough yet about modifying the AI behavior.

Anyway, take that for what it is worth and thanks so much for GL4!