Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

hi guys, I know this has been addressed earlier somewhere, but the post is so many pages I cant find the answer :icon_wink:. What would the general consensus be concerning GL4 and ACE? Is is better to play GL4 stand alone or does it benefit from the use of ACE with it?

thanks very much!

hi guys, I know this has been addressed earlier somewhere, but the post is so many pages I cant find the answer :icon_wink:. What would the general consensus be concerning GL4 and ACE? Is is better to play GL4 stand alone or does it benefit from the use of ACE with it?

thanks very much!

Generally said yes the two mods fit very well each other. Use ACE before GL4 in the command line or in your mod launcher. Disable difficulty level in userconfig of GL4 if you want to use ACE AI.

Could someone tell me how to remove that lame text line when you start a new mission / editor preview etc; "Group Link 4 "Default" Initialize Done"

Next time ask without puthing in that its lame, you wont get anything with such post and its disrespect to the maker off this mod.

You get more with honey then with vinegar:D

Now for you question: dont know if it can be removed,mayby check the user configs, or wait for reply by SNKMAN

You got offended because I call a completely useless line that has never loaded before that takes up screen space whilst I'm recording movies here "Lame" ... wow.

I believe it's there to let you know everything is loaded and working fine. It is probably part of the code so will need SNKman to remove it if it's possible. It only appears for a very small time so I don't really see the issue myself.

BTW it's not that you asked that people take offence, it's the WAY you asked it.

SD

I believe it's there to let you know everything is loaded and working fine. It is probably part of the code so will need SNKman to remove it if it's possible. It only appears for a very small time so I don't really see the issue myself.

BTW it's not that you asked that people take offence, it's the WAY you asked it.

SD

I thought as much, it just started showing up ever since I applied the latest version / patch, released a few days ago. I do a lot of in-game recording, mostly at the beginning because it saves me time. Now I have to place units far away to let that message disappear before I can do any sort of recording, so it annoyed me immensely.

Sorry if I came off rude but it had just annoyed me and "lame" was the only accurate description of the line in question I could find. GL4 is my baby, I would never say anything bad about the mod or the creator :)

My apologies. :o

Hi there, since I got my userconfig problem sorted, I played a little Chesty Puller and thats not exactly SF-Nighttime-Rambo-Style. I am happy with the teeth-grittingly hard gameplay I get with GL4 plus ZEUS AI and cannot complain about remarkably decreased OPFOR shooting prowess when using ZEUS AI. :satisfied:

But for a change, I wanted to check out the new No_ACE versions of the SEAL TEAM SIX campaigns. Since I read in the ST6 thread how people discussed the impossibility of stealth when using ZEUS AI, I decided to give it a go in the editor within a "controlled research environment" rather than within the actual ST6 missions because enemy placement there might have varied from play to play since one has to exit the game for re-arranging the mods and altering the GL4 userconfig entries. With that simple "mission" I created two vids.

Both feature a little mission with literally no candy since I am totally inapt at editing. What there is to see is the easiest "research environment" imaginable. On Utes, I put all the RH WPN crates in a secure position, then a Force Recon player and, just in case, a medic. OPFOR consists of two three-man fireteams with a teamleader in Sergeant rank each. They guard both entries of the same camp, roughly 100m apart. Each team has just one waypoint telling them to guard that spot, be alert and fire at will.

The first video shows my standard setup with ZEUS AI loading after GL4, thus having higher priority. In this setup, GL4 advancing features are enabled including the additional SD ammo and weapon names from the RH packs which are featured in the ST6 campaigns. But the GL4 AI difficulty settings are disabled. Of course, I have set reinforcements to "True" so each team may call the other for help if they feel uneasy with hunting down the sniper.

Here it is:

The second vid shows the same situation just with GL4, but this time with the AI difficulty set to true. I kept the difficulty default values except the first:

GL4_Global set [41, 0.5];

Combined with the next one which I left at default:

GL4_Global set [42, 0.20]

there was a high probability the OPFOR would try hard to find me.

I did not change anything in the skill types file.

Here we go:

Look at this vid, its tense, its immersive, but the AI is not unfair, just imagine, they may not hear from where the shot came, but of course they do hear their comrade drop to the ground and yell for help to the other team.

Then, they search aggressively, but of course not too far away from the camp because they are supposed to guard it as specified by my waypoint.

I really love ZEUS AI, especially, as I wrote in its release thread, because it gives ME good CQB if I set the standard Arma 2 config file to the recommended values

skillFriendly=0.89999998;

skillEnemy=0.89999998;

and, diverting a little towards a tougher challenge for the player

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.3;

instead of the ZEUS addon creator's recommendation of

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

But, if I sneak and it's dark and I have a SD weapon I want to see what happens in the second vid.

That leaves me with the conclusion that it might again pay off to be friendly and ask SNKMAN politely if he could explain to me which of the GL4 AI difficulty settings might have the biggest effect on CQB.

What I want is an AI which poses a serious threat if I enter a room and they look in my direction. That was provided by ZEUS, although I admit my vid shows how ZEUS AI without NVG is easy prey in the dark even if their team leader had somehow told them where the sniper is. But that is okay, if its dark, well, then I accept this.

So, which values in the Global difficulty area should check out? I want the AI to be fierce opponents in daylight, but a little impaired at night if they don't have NVG.

Also, what exactly do the skill type settings do to the settings made in global.sqf? Overwrite them? And if so, does the default setting of the skill types.sqf already do something to soldiers that aren't snipers or would I have to copy the values from the Skill Types Example area down to the Skill Types Default area?

Thanks in advance for your helpful tips, SNKMAN, and thank you again of course for your great GL4 which gets better and better with each version!:icon_dj:

touristo

Hi SNKMAN,

First, ty for the work you did, awsome stuff here.

I would to ask you some questions please.

1) First, i tried a lot of time your GL4 (and GL3 in SLX mod) and specialy the Reinforcement AI features, and to me there's something wrong in this fonction, that i don't like , cause it break missions.

The problem is when AI call Reinforcement, they act like if they were in Engaging mode, i think they are, so they run toward you like dumbs trying to kill you, it is not realistic casue if they call reinfort, they have to protect themself if they are overmatched, and wait the reinfort to attack you. Plus, it is too esay to kill them when they advance toward you without cover. And it is the same problem with the ADVANCING feature and GARNISON.

I think thhe problem is cause it is the only way to force other AI groups to come toward the ennemy? Is it true?

If not, it may be better to give them and other COMBAT mod, like a norrmal combat mode, to force them to not run as dumb toward us. And more longer combat and immersion.

If it's possible, could you tell me how to do to change th COmbat mode when reinforcement please?

(I was thinknig maybe the solution will be to tell to the AI Man soldiers to REGROUP to their new Leader, and for only AIR/CAR/ARMORED and Artillery to tell them separatly to ENGANGE the ennemy, possible ??)

2) Second thing, i tried to see something, i tried to only call 1 group for AI reinfort, with the userconfig (deleting the //), the problem is if the AI groiup is less than 7 soldiers, so AI will call a second group, or third group, to have minimum 7 soldiers. THat"s kill campaing missions. So if first groupe calling is 4 soldiers for example, and the second group 14 soldiers, you will have 21 soldiers (so nearly all missions soldiers for some missions) coming toward you., and that's kill missions.

I tried to look into yours scripts to reduce this value, but iam not an expert and didn't find it.

Maybe it is defaut BIS group coded like this?minimum 7 soldiers?

if not, could you tell me how to reduce this value please?

3) And third point, i think the better way (to me) for Group Link, but not sure it is possible, will be to spawn directly AI reinfort, and not to call AI soldiers that are on the map, cause when all tha AI in a mision campaign come directly on you, that's kill the mission, but i think it is impossible to spaw AI with a mod in the BIS campaign and mission? is it true?

Only avaible for editor mssion mode? is it true?

If not, maybe would you think about this like an future option, for future version of GL4?

In this way we could have dynamic missions, never identical mission, you could start 10 times the same mission, and always have a new experience.

Regards

Edited by TomyLee33

Hey SNKMAN,

Is it possible to add the spawned groups to the static system? It would be very helpful to save some resources on the mission.sqm there :j:

@Sethos

Yes right. This line should tell you when and of course how Group Link 4 was initialized.

Since the last release Group Link 4 must be set how it should be initialized.

By "Default" or by using modules.

Sometimes it may happend that ppl forget or may totally ignor this setting and by showing them how Group Link 4 was initialized it may can slove some problems.

Anyway i think i will remove the setting in the next version becouse it force ppl to strictly choose 1 way.

Bevore Group Link 4 had detected everything by it's own but this makes the initialize a bit slower becouse Group Link 4 has to wait till several conditions was checked.

@touristo

Thank you very much for testing and making videos about your find out's.

What you have find out showes exactly the different between Zeus and Group Link 4.

Well "Zeus" use fixed values which can not be changed in any kind.

Group Link 4 use a very dynamically "Skill Type" system which can be changed till it fit's the need of each user.

I haven't made much tests with the "Skill Types" but what i can say is that they can change the behaviour of A.I. in the given type extremly.

Also, what exactly do the skill type settings do to the settings made in global.sqf? Overwrite them?

Yes settings made in "GL4_Skill_Types.sqf" will overwrite the given "Skill Type" setting made in "GL4_Global.sqf".

And if so, does the default setting of the skill types.sqf already do something to soldiers that aren't snipers or would I have to copy the values from the Skill Types Example area down to the Skill Types Default area?

Yes this is one way how you could do this if you like to give specific "Skill Types" to specific classes too.

Example:

// Skill Types Default: ( Sniper Classes )
 // ==============================================================
 ["RU_Soldier_Sniper",     ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],
  "RU_Soldier_SniperH",    ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],
  "RU_Soldier_Marksman",   ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],
  "USMC_SoldierS_Sniper",  ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],
  "USMC_SoldierS_SniperH", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],
  "PRIVATE",              ["aimingAccuracy", [0.10, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.10, 0.25], "commanding",   [0.10, 0.25] ],
  "CORPORAL",             ["aimingAccuracy", [0.20, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.20, 0.25], "commanding",   [0.20, 0.25] ],
  "SERGEANT",             ["aimingAccuracy", [0.30, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.30, 0.25], "commanding",   [0.30, 0.25] ],
  "LIEUTENANT",           ["aimingAccuracy", [0.40, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.40, 0.25], "commanding",   [0.40, 0.25] ],
  "CAPTAIN",              ["aimingAccuracy", [0.50, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.50, 0.25], "commanding",   [0.50, 0.25] ],
  "MAJOR",                ["aimingAccuracy", [0.60, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.60, 0.25], "commanding",   [0.60, 0.25] ],
  "COLONEL",              ["aimingAccuracy", [0.70, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.70, 0.25], "commanding",   [0.70, 0.25] ]
 ];

There is so much you can do with the "Skill Types" that i could write several pages. :)

@TomyLee33

1) First, i tried a lot of time your GL4 (and GL3 in SLX mod) and specialy the Reinforcement AI features, and to me there's something wrong in this fonction, that i don't like , cause it break missions.

Did you already try the "Group Link 4: Static" module?

Enemy A.I. synchronized with this module can not be requested as reinforcement.

Of course Group Link 4 do may breake missions where it was not part of the mission but that's how it is.

Use / Build missions which was made for Group Link 4 or live with it that the mission will create it's own dynamic. ;)

If not, it may be better to give them and other COMBAT mod, like a norrmal combat mode, to force them to not run as dumb toward us. And more longer combat and immersion.

Yes this really could be true. You will not be able to change it by yourself that easy but i will have a look at it.

2) Second thing, i tried to see something, i tried to only call 1 group for AI reinfort, with the userconfig (deleting the //), the problem is if the AI groiup is less than 7 soldiers, so AI will call a second group, or third group, to have minimum 7 soldiers. THat"s kill campaing missions. So if first groupe calling is 4 soldiers for example, and the second group 14 soldiers, you will have 21 soldiers (so nearly all missions soldiers for some missions) coming toward you., and that's kill missions.

Like already told above Group Link 4 will not react in any different way to campaign missions and/or missions which was not made for Group Link 4 in the first place.

If you use Group Link 4 with missions which was not made for it then you have to live with the result.

Of course i can add a setting which allowes you to tweak this value. ;)

3) And third point, i think the better way (to me) for Group Link, but not sure it is possible, will be to spawn directly AI reinfort, and not to call AI soldiers that are on the map, cause when all tha AI in a mision campaign come directly on you, that's kill the mission, but i think it is impossible to spaw AI with a mod in the BIS campaign and mission? is it true?

Group Link 4 got several features which will help you to not kill a mission.

Just have a look at the "GL4_Global.sqf" and you will find many settings which you can change to make Group Link 4 A.I. react way more sensible.

The idea of spawning reinforcement would breake one of the greatest features of Group Link 4 becouse Group Link 4 always send the groups which are closest to the calling group so if there are no groups nearby the calling group then they can't request reinforcement.

If i always would spawn reinforcement then it would be some kind of god mode becouse enemy A.I. would never run out of groups and would always able to request reinforcement.

@Mr. Charles

Is it possible to add the spawned groups to the static system?

Yes it would be possible but then there would be the need of id spawned groups which should be initialized by the "Static" system.

The "mission.sqm" is nothing which takes up resources that much.

It get's executed once a mission and that's it. The mission.sqm simply tells where which unit/vehicle/object should be placed in a mission and after it was executed it will do nothing.

So even if your mission.sqm is 1MB in size it does not mean that it will take much more resources like a 100KB mission.sqm for example.

Thanks for Repply SNKMAN :)

Yes i looked for Static module, that's rght we have ALL opportunity to attribute resquet/requested. I asked the question for non-editing mission cause Static module of course is not initialized by defaut, so for only custum mission.

But i can adjust BIS campaign/mission in the editor to teawk them with modules^^, as all mission i will download so it's not a real problem definitively.

I very appréciate that you will take a look about the COMBAT (engaging at will) mode.

And i very appreciate too for give me the value about soldiers/group.

With this two feature teawked i will enjoy at max GL4!

You could mp me when it's done, very thanks^^

A last question please, i tried the spawn fonction and i am not sure to understand correctly. I have read how about to do and it works but, i was thinking AI will spawn when a Requeste of reinforcement will added, or it seems not. It sees it's at the initialize, or at a dertminate time or number group alive, is it true?

Regards

Yes it would be possible but then there would be the need of id spawned groups which should be initialized by the "Static" system.

In accomplishing this, does the group need to be removed from the GL4_Reinforcement array, and then added to the GL4_Static array? Or just added to the GL4_Static array? (think I'm getting better at this lol) :)

Maybe it's possible to add a true/false parameter for executing removal from GL4_Reinforcement array (if needed) and/or push the GL4_Static array with the new group inside the GL4_Spawn_F script?

Sorry if I'm way off here, kinda thinking out load. Make me smarter! :p

Regards,

Gnome

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:47 PM ----------

A last question please, i tried the spawn fonction and i am not sure to understand correctly. I have read how about to do and it works but, i was thinking AI will spawn when a Requeste of reinforcement will added, or it seems not. It sees it's at the initialize, or at a dertminate time or number group alive, is it true?

Maybe this helps.

The units will spawn when the "Condition" has been met. The Condition can be many different things. But, units can not request reinforcement from a group that is not yet on the map. More specifically, not in the GL4_Reinforcement array. Groups must be in the array before they can be requested as reinforcement. So the group must spawned first, then called to reinforce.

This is why it works as you see. :)

Regards,

Gnome

@SNKMAN

I am very glad you will not add any spawned units by GL4. I think this is absolutely not realistic and could get very frustrating for the player. I.e. after scanning and reckoning the whole area for enemy troups, there would appear enemies out of nothing...And anyway the most missions are already very tough with GL4.

About the mission breaking abilities of GL4: This is how real life is! :) A mission never runs exactly like the general or commander planned it. There are always surprises and unexpected things happening during war or a special operations mission. This is the biggest fun of a mod like GL4. The more dynamic the more interesting!

I return to the point of spawning units. I had a mad idea about this last night:

IF any spawned units, then like this:

When the enemy gets overmatched then (with a random amount of chance) they could call reinforcements by aircraft carrier (spawning at the edge of the map and SLOWLY moving to the waypoint where its needed) with a random amount of troops. I.e. choppers with paratroopers, attack choppers, planes or even amphibious vehicles.

BUT for the reason of equality and justice the player group should have this option TOO. Like H.C. aircraft carrier, with a random amount of troops of the same kind like OPFOR.

This options should be limited through userconfig to, lets say 1,2 or 3 times. And/or they could be only enabled to appear only if a certain condition is met. (To avoid that every mission turns into big war.)

Just think about it for a minute. Then a little conflict could expand to a whole war with a lot more troops on the map, than the mission maker intended to...

Dont you like this idea?

Ok, SNKMAN one more:

Another idea I would like to see implemented in GL4 very much:

Situation: Sometimes when playing a mission you just cant finish the mission, because you are out of men or equipment or power. Then it would be great to have a chance to decide to ask HQ for allowance to abort the mission and get extracted out of enemy territory even when not all objectives are fulfilled. Then it would be very nice if HQ would send you a helicopter or plane or boat to get extracted. This way you could REALISTICALLY end a mission and try it again with a fresh start. This would switch to the end mission screen "lost" after you got away a certain distance from the island. (lets say at least 1 Km).

Ok I stop my brainstorming now. I even have more ideas how to make misison even more dynamic and unpredictable, but I dont want your head to explode!:D

There is so much you can do with the "Skill Types" that i could write several pages. :)

Please, try to find some time in future to write some notes on this, or maybe do a tutorial video :). Even a short intro will be useful to many.

IMO, the option to edit skill types per class in GL4 and embed them in a mission, JTD Fire by DMarkwick and Mando Missile are _the_ three most important mods made in the OFP/Arma games series so far. They may be a bit in the sidelines, but all have a huge effect on the gameworld.

Could someone tell me how to remove that lame text line when you start a new mission / editor preview etc; "Group Link 4 "Default" Initialize Done"

I found it useful when I overloaded a vehicle with a team.

It advised me to adjust the size of the group...

@Sneaker-78-

Well "Radio Chatter" work local to each player.

Make sure the engine of the vehicle is turned on and the vehicle supports the "Radio Chatter" feature.

in my editor the radio chatter is working fine on the vehicle`s but on my dedi server i don`t get raddio chatter @ all

And i just installed gl4 the same as my pc.

Could it be that its not working with the mission ?

Benny`s warfare

Got it working ,don`t ask how :D

And where can i see the list of vehicles that use the radio chatter ?

Edited by Sneaker-78-

Hey SNKMAN,

So, I'm still having problems disabling the AI enhancements since 1.1.77.

I would still like to run GL4 as a Special FX only...

I set up my CORE userconfig like so:

// ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// GL4 v.1.1.77 Core Settings

// The GL4 Core settings are stored in the global array GL4_Core.

// You can change settings of GL4 by editing the GL4_Core array.

// For each custom setting uncomment remove the "//" in front of the respective line and modify the value.

// GL4_Core set [ Index, Value ];

// In multiplayer all GL4_Core settings are used and synchronized by the server.

// Note: The core settings are only used by the "Default" initialize of GL4.

// GL4 Default ( C.B.A. ) Initialize: ( New )

// Choose if Group Link 4 should be initialized by using the Community Base AddOns.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Community Base AddOns" initialize completly.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Core set [0, False];

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement:

// Choose if the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" completly.

GL4_Core set [1, False];

// GL4 Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement:

// Choose if the "Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement" should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement" completly.

GL4_Core set [2, False];

// GL4 Special FX:

// Choose if the "Special FX" feature should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Special FX" completly.

// GL4_Core set [3, False];

This is how you told me to set it originally. This setting worked with 1.1.75. Since 1.1.77, even with the userconfig set this way, I have seen AI throw smoke, imitate dead, enter empty vehicles, and do a few other GL4 behaviors.

I should mention I'm also running CBA (for WarFXParticles, and HiFi).

So I tried turning off the "CBA auto-initialize", and made the userconfig this:

// GL4 v.1.1.77 Core Settings

// The GL4 Core settings are stored in the global array GL4_Core.

// You can change settings of GL4 by editing the GL4_Core array.

// For each custom setting uncomment remove the "//" in front of the respective line and modify the value.

// GL4_Core set [ Index, Value ];

// In multiplayer all GL4_Core settings are used and synchronized by the server.

// Note: The core settings are only used by the "Default" initialize of GL4.

// GL4 Default ( C.B.A. ) Initialize: ( New )

// Choose if Group Link 4 should be initialized by using the Community Base AddOns.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Community Base AddOns" initialize completly.

GL4_Core set [0, False];

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement:

// Choose if the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" completly.

GL4_Core set [1, False];

// GL4 Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement:

// Choose if the "Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement" should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Player and Friendly A.I. Enhancement" completly.

GL4_Core set [2, False];

// GL4 Special FX:

// Choose if the "Special FX" feature should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Special FX" completly.

// GL4_Core set [3, False];

This seems to have no GL4 at all. No radio chatter. Nothing.

Should I revert back to 1.1.75?

I was very happy with the mod, until this most recent update.

Now, I can't seem to set it how I want it (FX ONLY!).

Why can't I disable GL4 AI?

What does CBA Auto-Initialize actually initialize?

What does disabling it do?

Someone, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Also, I know I mentioned it previously, but the broken radio chatter volume is........urrrrgh!

I have it set to an acceptable (low) level in the userconfig, but everytime the radio chatter kicks in while something is loading (like in the amory for example, or if the mission starts in a vehicle), the volume setting is ignored and the radio-chatter becomes deafening!!

I've tore off my headphones on about 10 occasions in the past week due to unexpected LOUDNESS!

I don't mean to be a complainer, but 1.1.77 has seemed to break more than it added/fixed for me. I'd like to use this mod, but the current version has me so frustrated I'm wondering if it's worth it?

What do I do?

Anyway, great mod. I only wish it worked like it worked a week ago.

Edited by Ben Endless

@Endless- pretty sure if you run it without CBA, it won't self initialize thereby letting you place whatever GL4 module you wish into place.

I was wondering if anyone here using GL4 is using it on a Linux dedicated server? I'm having an issue here. See I got a dedicated server put up through a friend of mine for us at HiFi to do our testing and general game play. The server mod line has gl4 in it and noticed it's not working at all. I'm not getting the "initializing" text in blue (which I'm thankful for so I know when it's working or not). I even used the F keys to pick some AI in my group to try turning on the HQ radio and forcemove, neither of which are found.

Now I uploaded up and my friend who owns the server ran the tolower utility. Could that be what's causing it not to work? I left the server and opened the editor and GL4 worked fine. I also found out another friend got GL4 working (using the exact same version I use and uploaded to my FTP, and the exact same current addons I and everyone else used). So something really, really weird is going on here.

So if anyone who is familiar with Linux servers and are using GL4, me and the rest of the HiFi FX crew would be forever grateful for any help you guys could offer in figuring out/fixing what's going on. :(

@froggyluv

@Endless- pretty sure if you run it without CBA, it won't self initialize thereby letting you place whatever GL4 module you wish into place.

I realize this.

I'm running CBA because I have to...to make WarFXParticles (as well as a few other mods) work. CBA is a necessity, not a choice. I'd like to run GL4 concurrently, but without GL4 AI.

Since this CBA auto-initialize, no matter how I set my CORE (you've seen both examples), I get GL4 AI.

Before the "auto-initialize" of 1.1.77, I could actually turn them off.

So my question remains...

What is this "auto-initialize" actually starting up?

Is it starting up the AI I am trying to shut down in my CORE?

And if so, why doesn't disabling the "auto-initialize" do anything?

IS this "auto-initialize" simply an added feature which breaks the previously added features? A switch that doesn't switch anything? A "FORCE GL4 AI" mode?

And most importantly.....

How do I disable the AI now?

I do like the visual/sound effect portion of the mod. I'd like to retain that part. I'm ok with the bleeding/burning/backblast effects.

I'm still trying to keep the "vanilla" experience as far as core gameplay goes.....

Why won't the GL4 AI disable since the latest update?

Is there something more to know/do?

Anyway, great mod. I only wish it worked like it worked a week ago.

EDIT:

SNKMAN wrote:

@Sethos

Yes right. This line should tell you when and of course how Group Link 4 was initialized.

Since the last release Group Link 4 must be set how it should be initialized.

By "Default" or by using modules.

Sometimes it may happend that ppl forget or may totally ignor this setting and by showing them how Group Link 4 was initialized it may can slove some problems.

Anyway i think i will remove the setting in the next version becouse it force ppl to strictly choose 1 way.

Bevore Group Link 4 had detected everything by it's own but this makes the initialize a bit slower becouse Group Link 4 has to wait till several conditions was checked.

If this is the case, than please disregard my previous post.

It would seem the next version will work like it used to, and that's good enough for me!

Anxiously awaiting the next update!

Edited by Ben Endless
"New"-ish info:

I've noticed that when running GL4 with the Undead Mod when you headshot the zombies they sometimes disappear? Anyone else get this? I'm not sure if it's only with the zombies, haven't been doing much regular ArmA lately :D

Hi SKMAN

just an info here about the text line (in MP) => "Group Link 4 "Default" Initialize Done"

- if i'm client connected to a "normal" host => i've got this text line just after the mission is started ;)

- if i'm client connected to my dedicated server => i never got this text line (GL4 is running on my client and on my dedicated server) :(

Though it seems that GL4 is well initialized.

Is it normal to not have this GL4 initialized message when connected on a dedicated server ???

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy