Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

Island: Watkins (Beta)

arma22009121817081320.th.png

On request i got the Watkins island over from Arma1 to Arma2. Basicly its a redo instead of a ported version. This watkins map is BETA and the reason is simple. For unknow reason some ppl always crash on this map and i am realy out of idea's.

Most people will however run this island fine. When i get a solution for this problem i will make it a final release. It is the same issue as on Chills XL 's island.

I hope somebody can put me on the right track on this issue. For the above reason i would ask kindly not to mirror this island until problems are solved!

Have fun! (@SIX_WTK)

The island is exclusively released, updated and maintained on the excellent Six Updater Platform by Sickboy.

Not only does it save you, and the mirrors, a lot of bandwidth, every update,

also after configuring it once, fetching updates and information about the latest releases is extremely easy and very fast.

Check out the work in progress Six Updater Portal Site for the latest update, version, size and changelog information!

AND NO FEEDBACK ON THE UPDATER HERE!

Edited by spirit6

Love the look of that terrain, Downloading now :-) I love the Six Updater, so easy

Ok well i would download it, If it would let me, They've changed something. I might have to change my ideology of the SIX updater, STOP PLAYING WITH IT!!

Edited by CannonousCrash

Nice one, downloading :)

EDIT: Tried, but it doesn't work right now, will try again later

Edited by TheCrusader

Please be so kind to give me relevant RPT information if you crash as i am unable to reproduce this crash error on my end.

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing. How big is the map? Is this based on a a realworld data?

Nice one, downloading :)

EDIT: Tried, but it doesn't work right now, will try again later

Downloading or playing on the island?

Dont ask me why but sickboy gave me this link

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7109#note-4

I am sure if the download is not here yet, it will be later. I have no influence on that atm.

Edited by spirit6

I have absolutly no idea how i can download the addons with that tool.... :(

AND NO FEEDBACK ON THE UPDATER HERE!

Trying To stop the Six Updater Attackers Eh?:D Soon or later they are going to rise up on us.:D

So any feedback on an island crash yet? Its the main reason why this BETA has been made open beta. When fixed it can be released normaly and also for normal download links.

For the people that do crash, they crash on the following. Please share your light with me if you know what it can be.

========================

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\hala\cast1.p3d in component32:geometry

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\fact_d\trubice.p3d in component34:geometry

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\fact_b\part1.p3d in component24:geometry

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\fact_b\part1.p3d in component28:geometry

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\fact_b\part1.p3d in component70:geometry

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\fact_b\part1.p3d in component32:geometryFire

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\fact_b\part1.p3d in component36:geometryFire

Strange convex component nst\ns\build\fact_b\part1.p3d in component78:geometryFire

Strange convex component nst\ns2\build\seb\d_near_barak.p3d in component04:geometry

Array index out of range

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0057BF1E

nst = Namalsk addons. Might wanna try the island without Namalsk then, if you're crashing, and these messages are related.

If you have no proper intro mission like Chill's island, maybe that is the common problem?

nst = Namalsk addons. Might wanna try the island without Namalsk then, if you're crashing, and these messages are related.

If you have no proper intro mission like Chill's island, maybe that is the common problem?

Cheers we go try that out. WAtkins has a proper working intro.

0) Make a new thread for troubleshooting.

a) Post your config.

b) Post all your pew project settings.

c) Make people send you their rpt.

d) Make people only use this one addon and no other.

e) Make people tell you VD and TD (terrain detail) setting.

f) Make people tell you their graphic settings.

Hi, looks nice but i have problem... i have alot of mods installed and for some reason cannot add anymore -mod=@ < to my target line in the shortcut... is there anyway around this?

Can't wait to play on it. :D Can someone upload this map to Armaholic.com?

[edit]

Oeps, its not hosted at Armaholic since the author specifically asked for no mirrors!!

Use the Six Updater to get it. If thats something you dont want/can/wish to use just wait for the first official release and we host it too :)