Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

ok, can some one help me in my stupid ness ): ....... is the full version of ACE2 out if not what is the latest beta version? i cant seem to get six updater to work

Question about our big metal friend the Abrams. I noticed the Commander's turret doesn't stay in place when the gunner's turret turns. It gets very annoying when trying to call out bearings and targets for the gunner. I've never been in a real tank and I know this is a beta so I'm just wondering if that's how it's supposed to work. It doesn't do it on the vanilla M1A2 Tusk but in ACE Mod, all the M1A1's and the A2 do it.

Keep up the great work. Really enjoyed it in Arma I. :)

in the download page for ACE2 of armaholic there is a vedio of a A-10 dropping bombs and the explosions look fantstic but when i use the mod there is default explosions!!!!!! is that a preview of whats to come or do i not have the full version?

Scuba you finish that sweet little thing and I guarantee you a big fat hug!!! How is that for motivation:yay: We need indirect fire.

Seems that did the trick :)

m224.jpg

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but CN gas and flashbangs don't work. They don't appear as selectable.

Are they even fully implemented yet?

I just used the flashbang on a well dugged in machinegunner just now on a user made mission and it worked beautifully! Used the short throw to lob it over the wall, caused the machinegunner to stand up out of cover dazed and took him out. So yes, it works. :)

Can someone tell me what the latests version of ace is please... i have 89... but got a feeling its not updating properly as the sound mod and acex are skipping even though i have that set to false...

Question about our big metal friend the Abrams. I noticed the Commander's turret doesn't stay in place when the gunner's turret turns. It gets very annoying when trying to call out bearings and targets for the gunner. I've never been in a real tank and I know this is a beta so I'm just wondering if that's how it's supposed to work. It doesn't do it on the vanilla M1A2 Tusk but in ACE Mod, all the M1A1's and the A2 do it.

Keep up the great work. Really enjoyed it in Arma I. :)

I think it should be that way. The commanders canopy is part of the turret and is not "stabilized". So it should turn with the turret.

I don't think the turrets in RL turn that nervously like in ArmA 2. AI in Tanks behave like a person more than a crew in a tank. Compare an AI filled tank with one with players, you should see the difference. Ai turret is turning more like a player on foot aiming exactly compared to a player who needs a bit longer to aquire a target while in the steel coffin.

Can someone tell me what the latests version of ace is please... i have 89... but got a feeling its not updating properly as the sound mod and acex are skipping even though i have that set to false...

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/257 says 1.89

btw... does the AKM still sound like a toy compared to the AK107? It attracted my attention while i was playing east side.

Edited by Enforcer1975

Quick question: when using VopSound from Six Updater, should ACEX_SM be enabled or not? And if so, where should it be in the target line in relation to VopSound?

Ideally I'd want VopSound to take precedence but have ACE sounds kick in whatever areas Vop doesn't cover.

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CARTRIDGES STAY ON GROUND

--------------------

FEATURES: Adds brass and cartridges on the ground

---------

TO ENABLE: Change the numbers in the following block

----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

class ACE_CARTRIDGES

{

enabled = 1; // COMMENT: 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled

max_cartridges = 500; // COMMENT: max. amount of cartridges on map

max_distance = 2000; // COMMENT: max. distance until cartridges become deleted by FIFO

max_lifetime = 600; // COMMENT: lifetime of cartridges in seconds

min_FPS = 0; // COMMENT: min. FPs when cartridges become deleted

};

This is what I got in my ace_clientside_config. What do I need to change to be able to see the spent rounds and magazines on the deck?

Anyone have an answer for this?? What do I need to do to see the spent rounds and magazines on the deck?

Spent rounds and catridges DON'T WORK yet. According to one of the person involved in the project, it is unlikely they will implement it eventually perhaps due to performance impact.

Seems that did the trick :)

That's crazy :eek:

Will it be deployable / transportable?

That's crazy :eek:

Will it be deployable / transportable?

Thats the idea. The tube and the base plate would potentially be carried by 2 different individuals. The ammo by another.

Quick update before I go to bed:

(**WIP WARNING**) http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5706/m224.jpg (**WIP WARNING**)

Edited by scubaman3D

Fantastic scubaman3D, just fantastic.

I've been looking forward to this since I first started reading about ACE 2 features.

Thanks!

Hello. I installed latest versions of ACE and ACEX and tried to play CO10_ACE_Op_Roadfighter mission. When I loaded ARMA it were no ship and music at the welcome screen. Inside of mission I didn't hear voice from me and from bots, just messages. Moreover, when I was injured I called medic. He came, but he didn't help me, just stayed near me, and follow me, but didn/t help. Does somebody had the same issues? Thx.

@ CTD's during Save/Load: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7140

Thank you Sickboy for making the SixUpdater even easier. Huge kudos to you all in the ACE team. This makes it even easier when i have to tell mates how to install ACE2. :)

I mean: Download and install the SixUpdater. Press "1". A site opens and you click "MAIN". You choose ACE or ACE + A2 Beta from the drop down and click EXECUTE. Done!

NP Alex. It was thought that the version I released 2 weeks ago was 'the final'.

The state the suite was released in (functional, but that about it) was to prove the platform first (on every point), get feedback and weed out immediate issues.

I can now slowly move on with improving and extending :P

Glad you like the simplifications and other improvements :)

ok, can some one help me in my stupid ness ): ....... is the full version of ACE2 out if not what is the latest beta version? i cant seem to get six updater to work

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater#FAQ

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues

armaholic.com hosts them amongst others.

Otherwise use "Search this thread" for the term: "Yoma" or "YAS".

In any case we are in the process of updating instructions.

NEW 2 Minute Video on how to get A.C.E Mod running. (Make sure you have the latest setup)

Basically:

1. Install Six Updater Suite
  2. Run software, enter: 1 and press enter button
  3. Once in the webbrowser, Click on Main, Select "A.C.E Mod" preset, and click "execute".

You can also pick the "A.C.E. Mod (A2 Beta)" preset if you like the official ArmA 2 Beta Patch.

You can also pick the action: "Install or Update and Startgame" before you hit execute, and you will immediately start the game with the right parameters after update procedures have completed.

Edited by Sickboy

Hey sick, why don't you open a new thread in A&M:C for the issues of Six Updater? then we can have ACE2 and six issues separated :)

Hey sick, why don't you open a new thread in A&M:C for the issues of Six Updater? then we can have ACE2 and six issues separated :)

No :) Because Six issues, like ACE issues, belong in the designated issue trackers at dev-heaven.

Of course it would be better if people wouldnt post all the time about it in here, but setting up a thread for Six Updater, won't make people magically post there :)

I will request old thread close on every Milestone release.

And my estimate is that the updater mumbo jumbo moves into the background, as it is already doing.

Intentional :) The soundmod is available now as @ACEX_SM.

I apologize if this has already been answered... but how do I add @ACEX_SM to my current working 189 ACE2? ...without breaking other things...

Many thanks in advance :)

I apologize if this has already been answered... but how do I add @ACEX_SM to my current working 189 ACE2? ...without breaking other things...

Many thanks in advance :)

Install the software clean like on the video and ACEX_SM will be included.

Otherwise the documentation tells you.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Web#Cloning-a-Record

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Web#Attaching-custom-mods-to-a-preset

Ok a question here - please dont kill me guys: Counter measures in ACE2? Ive seen some videos wich had it but im guessing they used RKSL gear?

Just checking if they are in or will be. I cant go through everything atm and i dont have all links - sorry. :)

Alex

Install the software clean like on the video and ACEX_SM will be included.

Otherwise the documentation tells you.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Web#Cloning-a-Record

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Web#Attaching-custom-mods-to-a-preset

Thank you very much Sickboy!

Now I have been using the "Beta" option since the beginning (when there were only "Beta" and "Vanilla" available), I see there are several now... which one do I choose to edit from below? The one (raw guess) circled red?

4202432423_fb2c369028_b.jpg

Sweet :D You can just click Main, select A.C.E Mod (A2 Beta) preset, and hit execute :D (@ACEX_SM is by default configured for the 2 ACE presets)

It is recommended to delete the 2 presets where "Settings Profile" is set to "Create new". These are left-overs from an old-age :D

Edited by Sickboy