Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Hi

I've got a little question again, why did you guys remove the action icons like the 'pointing hand' and 'Auto-hover' action icons. Where there some intentions? If then, what is it?

I would like the Auto-hover icon back at least.

Because it indicates me whether I have the Auto-hover on/off without looking into the action menu.

It's unplayably inaccurate, like at 20m bullets will land all over the place.

well until someone confirms.....you sure you didn't trigger fade somehow?

What does triggering fade mean? Is it some sort of bug?

FADE is copyright protection software built into the game that detects if you are using a legitimate copy or not, and if for whatever reason it detects that you have an illegitimate copy of the game then FADE will degrade certain aspects of the game such as accuracy and performance, which will hopefully annoy the living shit out of the pirate so much that it ultimately forces them to actually purchase the game or just stop playing.

Back to topic, I just updated to .189 and all the custom ACE sounds that I was enjoying beforehand are now gone, were they perpousfully removed to enable compatibility with various sound mods or is it just some sort of bug?

Edited by Dmahon

Ive been running Beta since the beginning, went to update to 189 "Warning you do not seem to be running the 'beta' mod folder? I'm running 61974 :confused:

Ps just been playing on a 188 Server with 61794 with no problems. Its there ?

Ive been running Beta since the beginning, went to update to 189 "Warning you do not seem to be running the 'beta' mod folder? I'm running 61974 :confused:

Ps just been playing on a 188 Server with 61794 with no problems. Its there ?

I get the same message, 189 installed anyway. It might be because you installed the beta directly, instead of using the 6 updater. Just a guess.

I get the same message, 189 installed anyway. It might be because you installed the beta directly, instead of using the 6 updater. Just a guess.
Yep, don't worry about that warning - it's like tpw says. The ArmA II beta is available as a mod managed by the six-updater, but if you take care of installation of the beta yourself, you see this warning.

"It was removed and now it is downloadable as a standalone part of the mod called ACEX_SM."

I have searched yahoo, google, and the forums here and can't find the d/l link for the ACEX_SM file. Plus, after updating via SIX updater, I can't locate any sound folder as such in my directory anywhere. I can play ACE 2, but I no longer have rifle sounds ingame. All I have now is just the sound of the bullet impact down range. Hopefully, once I get the SM folder, I can hear sounds again.

I went back and deleted the SIX updater.pib file or something of the sorts, and then made sure to run the updater as Administrator and finally got my sounds back when it updated to version 189 on ACE_Core. And the latest update to ACEX. I still don't have the SM folder, but i'm just happy to have my weapon sounds again. Hope this gives someone else a clue where to start if all else fails.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual
Update

Yep, don't worry about that warning - it's like tpw says. The ArmA II beta is available as a mod managed by the six-updater, but if you take care of installation of the beta yourself, you see this warning.

Thanks so whats the next step to continue the update to 189 ? do i need to move the beta folder ?

Thanks

excuse my ignorance, but ACE 2 is currently a beta. does this mean there will be some kind of complete version released? perhaps in a package that can be more easily downloaded and installed by complete muppets like me.

cheers!

During beta good values, just 8 FPS difference.

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Norrins revive works just fine, be sure to use the latest version 0.4 and don't use wounds module.

Xeno

@Xeno

Can you please tell step by step how to use ACE wounds module? I didnt figure it out and I would like to test it?

Or is there a possibility to activate it by default, so it is in every mission?

It is a great mod, but will CTD tyring to load a saved single player game every time:confused: I don't think its anything I am doing as I have all the updates, and I run no other mods in the single player missions available for this except the ones required. I can't really play unil this is fixed, this mod is too damn good, I will never play without it again.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Did you start the single player missions without ACE2? If so you need to restart the missions with ACE2.

I have searched yahoo, google, and the forums here and can't find the d/l link for the ACEX_SM file. Plus, after updating via SIX updater, I can't locate any sound folder as such in my directory anywhere. I can play ACE 2, but I no longer have rifle sounds ingame. All I have now is just the sound of the bullet impact down range. Hopefully, once I get the SM folder, I can hear sounds again.

I went back and deleted the SIX updater.pib file or something of the sorts, and then made sure to run the updater as Administrator and finally got my sounds back when it updated to version 189 on ACE_Core. And the latest update to ACEX. I still don't have the SM folder, but i'm just happy to have my weapon sounds again. Hope this gives someone else a clue where to start if all else fails.

To download @acex_sm you must add it to your preset in the updater.

The sights on the rpg7 dont seem to be adjustable.... Do they work for anyone else?

Is it only the RPG7?

If you can adjust the other launchers, but not the rpg7, make a bug report.

Can you please tell step by step how to use ACE wounds module? I didnt figure it out and I would like to test it?

Or is there a possibility to activate it by default, so it is in every mission?

To activate the ace wounds system, place an unsynched Æ Wounding module in the mission in the editor.

You can now examine wounded people with the interaction menu, and apply bandages etc.

There's currently no way to activate it by default, as the system is still WIP.

It is a great mod, but will CTD tyring to load a saved single player game every time:confused: I don't think its anything I am doing as I have all the updates, and I run no other mods in the single player missions available for this except the ones required. I can't really play unil this is fixed, this mod is too damn good, I will never play without it again.

If you're trying to load a savegame that was saved without ACE, there may be problems.

Recommend you restart the mission with ACE.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91909

If anyone is keen to have a game in Razani Afganistan with FFAA Terrorists then feel free to join my server.

Local cable hosted with 10 slots

Utilizing Ace + Ace medic system, very intense mission if you wanna have some Army fun.

Server name: US ARMY RAZANI + TERRORISTS

Required addons

- CAA1 project

- Afgani Iraq v1.5

- Razani N. Waziristan

- FFAA terrorists

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - Core beta

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - eXtras beta

- Community Base addons

- And possibly: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6421

:yay:

Edited by Solarghost

a little help?

excuse my ignorance, but ACE 2 is currently a beta. does this mean there will be some kind of complete version released? perhaps in a package that can be more easily downloaded and installed by complete muppets like me.

cheers!

a little help?

It's easy enough to install as it is, it will have what you may call 'more complete versions', but it will always be an on going process.

ACE 1 for Arma has only just finished it's updates...

I downloaded ACE2 from "Addon Sync 2009" and everything goes fine. To try it i also downloaded 2 single missions "Crash and Grab" and "From Above" but when i tried to start mission an error occure. acex_c_men_usarmy file missing or deleted. The file is where it should be in @acex/addons so what's wrong? Anybody could help me?

Did you start the single player missions without ACE2? If so you need to restart the missions with ACE2.

No, I am using everything up to date, it is crashing in every scenario and in the ghosts campaign when I use ACE to load a single player save. Everything works great for mission critical elements except this I believe.

I have all the updates, and I have just tried all the single player missions available for ace with the current files from today( no prior saves) and they are all crashing during load save. Can one of you guys try this just to see if it is not me that has messed something up, I am out of ideas? I think this is a bug, but I could be wrong.

By the way there are no error messages, just locks up with the loading bar about 3/4 done.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

I downloaded ACE2 from "Addon Sync 2009" and everything goes fine. To try it i also downloaded 2 single missions "Crash and Grab" and "From Above" but when i tried to start mission an error occure. acex_c_men_usarmy file missing or deleted. The file is where it should be in @acex/addons so what's wrong? Anybody could help me?

To ask the obvious question - did you put the correct info into the target line of whatever shortcut you use to run the game?

If not, right-click on it, go to Properties, then to the Target line, and put in (after the text already there) -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

If it already says -mod=beta just make it -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Sorry if you've already done this.