Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Does anyone know how to go into the US Army Pbo and successfully change the US Army soldier weapon layout?

Tried it myself but ended up ruining the m1113 pbo and also the US Army selection is gone from units.

Does anyone know how to go into the US Army Pbo and successfully change the US Army soldier weapon layout?

Tried it myself but ended up ruining the m1113 pbo and also the US Army selection is gone from units.

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to change the weapon layout via scripts? No need to fumble around in PBOs, which would also invalidate the signatures by the way.

I can't switch Ka-52 cannon rounds from HE to AP using 'R' key (Default). Is it something different now?

Hi guys,

i have a problem with the ACE Mod and nobody can help me.I try to explain it best i can...i am german and my englich is not so well.I install the ACE and everything is fine but i dont see the green notch and bead sight.The small green vertical lines with the point in the middle(m136 shooting is impossible).I install it twice and i look in the settings with a other member.We look in the settings of difficulty and everything is the same...he has the green notch and bead sight but i dont have it.I install Arma2 the patch and the ACE Mod again but the same problem is there. I used the yoma addon sync and have the vistaOS.Any ideas what is wrong or where i can find it?I have no ideas because we look 3h and we can find nothing.Can you help me.Thanks a lot

Hi Kremator...I tried the easiest Game Mode(Rekrut) and there is no green notch and bead sight.In every Difficulty Mode i have the same Problem and on every Server too.What do you mean with take it off?Sorry that i dont know what you mean but thanks for your help.Can you describe it.A lot of Thanks to you...

Do you get the crosshairs in single player?

If you're playing MP you get the difficulty settings specified by the server, so if it's disabled there you won't get it even though you think you've activated it clientside.

Hi Kremator...I tried the easiest Game Mode(Rekrut) and there is no green notch and bead sight....

go to Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config

and change FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

"#define ACE_NOCROSS" ---> "//#define ACE_NOCROSS"

Edited by Vipera

Ok i trie this when i am at home.Thanks for your help and i report to you when it works´.

@VKing i dont have the crosshair in SP, i dont have it in the Editor,I dont have it in the Waffenkammer. But a great thank that you help me.Everbody a nice Christmas and a Happy new year

Edited by Lunge

Ok, here's another problem. I'm attempting Six Updater to update my ACE 2 (Vanilla preset, whole catalogs are sticked to this profile) and start with Main --- > Choose Profile ---> Action and click on Execute Auto. Windows appeared and after 2-3 seconds dissapeared with no message or reason. I can't update my ACE 2. I've tried to shutdown my firewalls for a while but it's still doesn't work.

Any solution?

the context menu for using objects/ interacting with people ingame dosnt work after a suspend and continue save. i start a game can examine people etc fine save and revert when i die for example works fine however when i suspend the session and return after going back to the main game menu, the windows key (right one in my case) doesnt have any effect when pressed in the same manner as before to talk or interact with people. Is this a known bug and is there any fix in site. My only gripe, great work keep it up:)

Ok, here's another problem. I'm attempting Six Updater to update my ACE 2 (Vanilla preset, whole catalogs are sticked to this profile) and start with Main --- > Choose Profile ---> Action and click on Execute Auto. Windows appeared and after 2-3 seconds dissapeared with no message or reason. I can't update my ACE 2. I've tried to shutdown my firewalls for a while but it's still doesn't work.

Any solution?

The solution is to post on the issue tracker with your log files.

go to Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config

I did not have that entry at all. If I add it, it takes away crosshairs which is good, but:

1) It should really be a server setting, or we won't get "crosshair enabled" servers back. With that I mean the ability to see locks etc. Because too many people will enable their crosshairs and nothing will be achieved. Although I'm happy that I at least can choose to play without my own naturally.

2) Sadly, like I've seen so many times before, it also removes crosshairs from BMP3 sidegunners. Without them, they really have no idea where they are aiming. Would it be possible to get crosshairs back for these gunners? Maybe a new gun needs to be defined, I don't know.

I'll add a ticket for it.

I'm having trouble updating. It used to work the normal way, but now doesn't (I get the problem where is says "found config! found action!" but doesn't actually do anything. So, I tried the lazy way, but that only resulted in this error..

acelazy.jpg

anyone know what's going on here?

My friend look in this config and he didn´t find it and another guy cant find it too.Mh i am a config-noob.Some ideas what i can Change.This problem makes me sick:rolleyes:

I'm having trouble updating. It used to work the normal way, but now doesn't (I get the problem where is says "found config! found action!" but doesn't actually do anything. So, I tried the lazy way, but that only resulted in this error..

anyone know what's going on here?

Please delete six-updater.pid. This will only be a workaround though. the error 'tasklist' not found is odd. Please search for tasklist.exe on your computer and when found, add it to six-updater\tools\ruby\bin

If you still have issue, please setup a ticket.

Update: Updated six-updater to v0.12.3, will improve on this condition. Auto-update of software should take care of it.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi there, I just updated this to the latest version but now my aim is horribly inaccurate. Is this supposed to be like this, is there a key to stabilize my aim somehow?

^... does the latest update include changes to ballistics and scopes???

Or were you aiming after sprinting? if you were trying to aim after sprinting especially with a scoped weapon, that's what you get.

I have downloaded the 7z files, put them in c:/program files/six-updater

I have installed six updater,

I have installed six-updater.yml

it gives me a lot of text I do not understand, like gems.rubyforge.org does not seem to be a repository and that kind of things. (sorry I am not a programmer, I just want to play a game)

i ran option 2

a second screen opened for 1 second, some text appeared too fast to read, the screen closed and that was it.

now what.

What do I do next?

I opened the web server. It says "welcome to six updater"

and THEN WHAT???? hahaha.. this is really annoying. Any menu Item just does nothing.

please expain how to install ace2

regards,

Hans

Edited by hansham

Am I the only one here who thinks ACE tracking should be a module, not an option in the settings? It's great for big battles and stuff, but it ruins missions where you're only supposed to have a map and compass. Rather than being a global setting it really should be mission specific.

Oh, and some of the silenced M4s have an unsilenced firing sound now.

Edited by RasdenFasden

Hello first of all.

I got a little qeustion since it does not concern a bug.

My six updater is skipping ace,acex etc when I try to update I tried to change the sate from treu to false for file skipping but it does reset back to treu, so it skips them.

Is there any other config that I need to edit ?

And ace 2 is treully amazing.

You guys have done a hell of a job thumbs up !