Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

0.184 Out

BDR Repo updated for AddonSync2009 :)

[s]http://www.bdrclan.com/downloads/ACE2_repo/bdr_repo.7z[/s]

Edit: sorry guys, there is a problem with the new repo. i will update it later. don't download it now

Edited by RomanLord

Yes i works flawlessly for me, but it was my clan mates that used YAS for the initial install of ACE2 that had problems. But i will forward this too them, thx for the new version tip :)

// Ish

I have two folders in my user config folder related to ACE. One has the name 'ACE' the other'ACE_1260280801' I take it the latter is the later version; and they both contain the same files. I edited the clientside_config in the 'ACE_1260280801' one, but I'm confused as to wether I'll have to do this everytime I update the game. Had no problems with the updater, nifty bit of kit in fact, saves loads of pissing about, and have played ACE without issue in the (albeit small amount) of time I've played. Great it is too:)

I've searched the Wiki and this thread so apologies if I've missed the answer.

i still got:

'Include file x\cba\addons\script_macros_common.http not found'

I download and re-download @CBA

I tryed with Six updater and Addon sync: same problem :butbut:

someone talk about a manual installation with six updater: how can I proceed?

thanks for help!

Yoma's put my CBA into the following folder, - different from yours - could be part of the problem? C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CBA

The Community Based Addons files are easily available from other places for download and are exactly the same as the ones you get with Ace2 (as far as I know); go to Armaholic and do a search.

Once you've done that, do you still get problems with the updaters finding the @Ace folder, or do they let you download this one?

-edit: Check you're pointing your command line to the correct location for CBA, too (easily overlooked).

Edited by Richey79

Ok I took some time to gather all of the classnames, weapon names, and ammo types I could find. I am sure there is more to add, but this has a lot of info that could help out. Hope you enjoy!

SORRY ABOUT THAT.. NEW TO ZIPPING FILES AND FOR SOME REASON IT MADE IT A .zipx

HERE IS A LINK TO THE FIXED VERSION

http://www.filefront.com/15096759/AC...ss%20Names.zip

I'm finding it almost impossible to play online since my version of Ace is always either older or newer than the server versions. Is there some way to change to the version a server is using?

Installed both ace & aceX, no problems everything works but where are all the new weapons and stuff?

congrats on the ace release.

had some issues with the slx_updater,

didnt work well on my xp 64 bit.

quickstart stp 3 failed. the lazy way dosent seams like a lazy way for me :p

anyway the yoma's addon sync did the trick :) the real lazy way :)

but you really need to do something about the aircraft sounds,,

they are shit. even the orginal bis sound's, sound better than what ace got atm.

if you got no better sound. dont degrade the sound quality by putting in worse sounds . use bis default sounds if you got no better ones

thats about the only thing i didnt like about ace.

Does anyone know the classnames for chemlights?

Also, I'm trying to add M2 mags to a crate, but it just wont work. adding the tripod and the weapon itself works, but the mags will not.

I'm using: this addmagazinecargo ["ACE_200Rnd_127x99_M2",30];

and it wont work.

i still got:

'Include file x\cba\addons\script_macros_common.http not found'

I download and re-download @CBA

I tryed with Six updater and Addon sync: same problem :butbut:

someone talk about a manual installation with six updater: how can I proceed?

thanks for help!

I was getting this on my client the first night. I finally deleted the @CBA folder and re-d/l'ed it from ArmAholic.com (making sure the .rsync file was included). Then I re-ran Sixpack and it finally sync'ed.

But your issue is with @CBA there......

any chance of a way to turn of the veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy annoying version popup that shows up every 5 seconds, i mean just have it pop up once please, its really annoying

Does anyone know the classnames for chemlights?

ACE_Knicklicht_R

ACE_Knicklicht_G

ACE_Knicklicht_W

ACE_Knicklicht_Y

ACE_Knicklicht_B

Also, I'm trying to add M2 mags to a crate, but it just wont work. adding the tripod and the weapon itself works, but the mags will not.

this addMagazineCargo ["ACE_M2_CSWDM", 30];

Xeno

any chance of a way to turn of the veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy annoying version popup that shows up every 5 seconds, i mean just have it pop up once please, its really annoying
Change server. As simple as that.

Running different version will lead to issues, issues would be reported, ACE2 would have to chase them and lose time, for nothing. Conclusion : yes they annoy you, but they have to.

Again, go playing on another server.

If they don't annoy client about this, client will stay connected, play, encounter bugs due to the different versions, will report the bugs (it's a beta, that's why client are playing it, to report issues) that should NOT be reported.

I'm sorry, but they HAVE to make the client leave

There. Make sure your ACE is up-to-date, and ask server owners to do the same.

Edited by sparks50

about the ''Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSSSMSpecular Alpha:1''

i think it is caused by the previous and latest beta patch,

the problem started with the previous beta patch

so yesterday i was pretty excited about the new release of beta 61012 but the problem persists...

only when i use the -nofilepatching -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX mods

on the beta shortcut it all works just fine

wich i think its a little weird but at least it works

My problem is that even after I update with addonsync 2009 every server i join says "you cannot play/edit this mission because it relies on downloadable content that has been deleted" and it lists a bunch of files that I seemingly dont have. Anyone else gettting this?

Edited by siR_miLLs

Just a quick thing. Maybe a Patch for the people that are using the German to English Language addon. It is pretty much sucks just guessing what is the command I am looking for. Thanks, other than that it is great. I love that you can lean out of the Knighthawk as the door gunner. Keep up the great work.

Blue3Golf

-{GOL}-

There. Make sure your ACE is up-to-date, and ask server owners to do the same.

thats hardly a fix, and seeing as my clan is already keeping a couple of servers updated daily there is a few servers which are not being updated, i understand why the message comes up, i do not understand why it wont go away after 1 maybe 2 popups @ best

if anything, give us an option to revert back to a previous client version would make sense.

Edited by marc420

Could a kind dev please tell me where I can find the config entries (the "muzzle" part) for the m4 socoms ? I need them for rearm script and "unit" selectweapon "whatever" doesn´t work with weapons with M203s. Thanks in advance! :)

My problem is that even after I update with addonsync 2009 every server i join says "you cannot play/edit this mission because it relies on downloadable content that has been deleted" and it lists a bunch of files that I seemingly dont have. Anyone else gettting this?

You don't have the same version as the server

Getting this too.

Just a quick thing. Maybe a Patch for the people that are using the German to English Language addon. It is pretty much sucks just guessing what is the command I am looking for. Thanks, other than that it is great. I love that you can lean out of the Knighthawk as the door gunner. Keep up the great work.

Blue3Golf

-{GOL}-

ACE team cannot do this, it is a BIS only issue. Ask them or you would have to purchase the English version of the game.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

thats hardly a fix, and seeing as my clan is already keeping a couple of servers updated daily there is a few servers which are not being updated, i understand why the message comes up, i do not understand why it wont go away after 1 maybe 2 popups @ best

if anything, give us an option to revert back to a previous client version would make sense.

It would make sense not to update your own client until the server is updated if you guys have your own servers.