Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

I get this message and ArmA2 doesn't startup. Why's that?

I ignored it, placed '@ACE & @ACEX' in my command line and started the game....seems to work :)

Ah thanx for this one,it all seem to work ,but then i got my previous problem again!!:error compiling pixel shader

this is really frustrating..

frustrating and sadistic the way they have chosen to download:)

still nothing I found this in my arma.rpt

0:36:58,592 (0) [x\ace\addons\module_easa\ACE_EASA_Init.sqf:7] PARAMS_1: _logic=EASA_MODULE

0:36:58,593 (0) [x\ace\addons\module_easa\ACE_EASA_Init.sqf:8] ACE_EASA Logic found and initializing: _logic=EASA_MODULE

0:36:58,595 (0) [x\ace\addons\module_easa\ACE_EASA_Init.sqf:36] Valid hangar found: ""=""

For the Installer, I think it´s a good thing. Once it´s running, it runs. What I did to get it to work was get Sickboys rsync config, and then went into IL-2 mode and worked down the checklist.

-run rsync

-Plug into the website

-make sure server data and mods are selected

-synchronize (This was why it didn´t download the ACEX folder for me. Once I resynced, it worked. Also MAKE SURE that you have the correct setting (ie, beta or non beta selected). Then check the init line of the shortcut. I had errors occur when the -mod=beta plug was missing from my shortcut.

-run download and have a cup of tea while everything downloads.

-Check folders for completion manually, move config into place, check shortcut init, run game, have a blast.

I have to admit it took me five hours, but that can be attributed to me not being tech savvy. I vented the frustration by going outside and taking some pics of the night sky, came back and everything resolved itself once taking it on with a clear head.

Now, I have to say this is already beyond awesome. Just watching the recoil animation of the MGS gives me the pink bubblies <3. Nice oomph!

Fantastic work, ACE team, I´m really looking forward to experiencing how awesome this will be once it all is put together.

all the files inside the folders are .gz! how can I change them using winrar when they are all in different folders and files. I really cant figure this out..

Ah thanx for this one,it all seem to work ,but then i got my previous problem again!!:error compiling pixel shader

this is really frustrating..

Usually a problem with your shortcut line. Should look something like

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@deen;@mercs;@panthera;nightstalkers;@fastrope;@fav;@rc;@f117;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1;@everon;@proper;@trsm;@ace;@acex;@cba -nosplash

luckyhendrix: Try to remove this setVariable ["NoHangar", true], so the init line only contains

this setVariable ["NUKES", 1];this setVariable ["FARP", true] 

Then don't synch anything, place 1 and only 1 aircraft next to the module, then go to the trailer and go all the way around it untill you get an action called "Change loadout" or "Fegyverzet változtatása" (you've got hungarian arma, right?).

all the files inside the folders are .gz! how can I change them using winrar when they are all in different folders and files. I really cant figure this out..

i extracted them like this: opened total commander, selected them all end extract to:, chose location and voila.

in case you dont have totalcmd there should be some mass extract option

Is there a way to remove these group map markers? Setting markersenabled to 0 or commenting out doesn't work for me. Either way I think it would be a better idea to turn those markers into a module to make it more mission specific.

Anyway, fantastic mod! I especially like the weapons resting and the redone HALO chutes.

Hmm now i feel like an idiot, i have tried to installing it using both Arma Addon Sync 2009 (Kellys heroes) and the syncapplication that you recommended. I have not had any problems with installing the mod using any of the programs but i cant get them to work in the game?

Im loading the mods (ACE, ACEX, CBA) with Arma II Launcher and i get no errorcodes, but still - in the game - no ACE... :(

im gonna give up i must be thick i have waited ages for this and i can not get it to work

i keep getting this error

x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found

some thing like it any ways

please please help i want to play this so bad

i have done the lot ran the installer god knows how many time i have allso manualy placed @cba in arma 2 folder etc etc please advise

Has anyone successfully deployed a tripod for the MG'er? How did you do it! Do you have to equip the tripod or is it with the Mg'er by default?

im gonna give up i must be thick i have waited ages for this and i can not get it to work

i keep getting this error

x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found

some thing like it any ways

please please help i want to play this so bad

i have done the lot ran the installer god knows how many time i have allso manualy placed @cba in arma 2 folder etc etc please advise

Delete @CBA, get it again, this time hopefully successfully :)

And make sure you have @CBA in your -mod= line ;D

luckyhendrix: Try to remove this setVariable ["NoHangar", true], so the init line only contains

this setVariable ["NUKES", 1];this setVariable ["FARP", true] 

Then don't synch anything, place 1 and only 1 aircraft next to the module, then go to the trailer and go all the way around it untill you get an action called "Change loadout" or "Fegyverzet változtatása" (you've got hungarian arma, right?).

I've got french ARMA 2 dunno why it appears in hungarian others modules names are in english.

I've did what you said and carefully turned around the traler and the plane , I think it's a bug. :eek:

At the very least it's a bug that you're getting hungarian text if you've got french arma.

Go to the issue tracker and add these as bugs.

Has anyone successfully deployed a tripod for the MG'er? How did you do it! Do you have to equip the tripod or is it with the Mg'er by default?

I've only been able to get it to work with AI carrying the tripod (using 6 in the command menu for the deploy action, then confirm deployment) while I carry the gun to mount on it.

I don't seem to get any option to deploy the tripod if I carry it myself.

Usually a problem with your shortcut line. Should look something like

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@deen;@mercs;@panthera;nightstalkers;@fastrope;@fav;@rc;@f117;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1;@everon;@proper;@trsm;@ace;@acex;@cba -nosplash

this is my command line:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX...as before it doesnt work,i cant see what the problem is??do you?

the error is :compiling pixel shader

i've compared my command line with this one> http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA2:_Error_compiling_pixel_shader

And cant make out the big difference

Edited by Romeo_NL

is anyone having problems with getting windage/elevataion adjustments to come up? shift + num0 i believe. It does nothing for me.

this is my command line:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX...as before it doesnt work,i cant see what the problem is??do you?

the error is :compiling pixel shader

Whats your "start in" line of the shortcut? it should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\"

OK this is taking the piss now. I have downloaded all three ACE, ACEX CBA. I went through and extracted all files into pbos. Then made sure they are all in the right place. And my shortcut is fine. But absolutely nothing happens in game. what gives?

I've only been able to get it to work with AI carrying the tripod (using 6 in the command menu for the deploy action, then confirm deployment) while I carry the gun to mount on it.

I don't seem to get any option to deploy the tripod if I carry it myself.

When you've got the tripod in your inventory, there should be an action menu item called "deploy tripod"

i got this message of error : addon ace_c_man_usarmy requires addon ace_c_gear ......and then: error compiling pixel shader PSTreeAdv:0.. how can i do?? :(

I've got french ARMA 2 dunno why it appears in hungarian others modules names are in english.

I've did what you said and carefully turned around the traler and the plane , I think it's a bug.

hmm in Stringtable;

"French","Hungarian"

"(Æ) Exchangeable Armament System","(Æ) Cserélhető Fegyverzet Rendszer"

As you can see, the French line is in English, dunno why you have it in Hungarian.

is anyone having problems with getting windage/elevataion adjustments to come up? shift + num0 i believe. It does nothing for me.

Shift+V by default.

I thought it was Shift+V. no?