Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

SammyBusby. This mod adds new weapons, armor, etc... You have to play it to really appreciate it. Welcome to the Forum.

Hi guys! Im new to the forums. I have played ArmA ever since it came out but only recently got broadband so now Im looking into mods for my games. Im unsure exactly what this mod does to the game. Can anyone fill in a noob?

It adds new weapons, sounds, vehicles, soldiers. More realistic damage systems (for example an AT weapon can now wound or kill crew members, high caliber weapons can penetrate walls, etc.), adds a bunch of other features like flashlights, tear gas, the ability to carry around and deploy machine guns, etc. It's ArmA 2 on steroids.

You can read all the features here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACEX

Edited by randir14

ACE2 just makes arma2 a much much better game.

The hole gameing experience is better, more realistic.

try it, its worth it (even if you may have troubles installing it^^)

Hi all, can anyone tell me how big a performance hit I should expect using this mod...3/4 fps ? Can't really afford it !

Hi all, can anyone tell me how big a performance hit I should expect using this mod...3/4 fps ? Can't really afford it !

There was a performance hit awhile ago but I haven't noticed it lately, I don't know if the ACE team fixed it or if patch 1.05 had something to do with it. You shouldn't notice any worse performance than regular ArmA 2. Maybe a little more stuttering since so many new objects and stuff are introduced to the game.

A BIG Thank You to all the members of the ACE Team and happy holidays to you all! I really want to stress my appreciation for all of the hard work and support that you are giving the ArmA community. I know that myself and others are looking forward to all that will come with the ACE mod. Many of us are committed to helping you in your goals of achieving a real world combat environment simulation.

Yesterday I posted a suggestion an improvement in the 'High Command' module in ArmA2.

Originally Posted by Meatball0311

@Sickboy

Do you have planned or will it be possible to create a command engine that would give better control over subordinate units? Chain of Command use to have a really neat command engine, that gave someone who liked controlling subordinate units like myself, the ability to do so and at the same time the player could manipulate it to his own needs.

and the response

Originally Posted by Sickboy

Thanks Daniel and others!

CoC CEX is indeed a master piece!

We currently have no plans for a similar system, but if i'm not mistaken, ArmA 2 comes with high-command module, and improved commanding.

I have no experience with those though really, are they insufficient or otherwise broken? (Might be something that can be done by either CIT report or modification?).

In any case, I would check in with CoC to see if they are planning a release for ArmA 2.

I'm not sure if it fits in the scope of ACE. Although having it on the updater system, ready to deploy next to ACE, does sound like a great thing to look forward to!

I have been for months now trying to communicate with CoC and have received no response. I have tried to contact BI about the matter, and no response. So I will contact really the only people that seem to care about the experience of ArmA and that is the ACE team.

I think this would be an excellent opportunity for the ACE team to expand on its goal of

ACE2 is designed from the bottom up with the goal of encouraging its users to employ real world tactics and strategy (fighting as a team) in order to accomplish realistic military objectives.
by creating a comprehensive ACE Command Module. This is a much needed apparatus to achieve the use of proper military tactics. I hope you take this post in a way that will inspire you to use all of your incredible talents in creating something that really would take the ACE ArmA2 experience to a higher level than it already is.

I as well as many others have faith and confidence that the ACE team can successfully incorporate a High Command or command engine into the ACE Mod. Just look at how explosive the ArmA community has become since the release of the ACE2 mod! The sky is the limit and we are not even close to the end yet! GO ACE TEAM!!!!:yay:

Just a question, when are the load outs for all the units going to squared away? At the time none start with any medical gear. (I.E the loadout for a Russian rifleman or a US Automatic Rifleman (etc etc)

Hi guys! Im new to the forums. I have played ArmA ever since it came out but only recently got broadband so now Im looking into mods for my games. Im unsure exactly what this mod does to the game. Can anyone fill in a noob?

Here's a tutorial for the SIX Updater(Required to download, and keep ACE 2, as well as other mods up to date).

Run the Program

A browser Window will open

Click main

Select either ACE or ACE(A2) Beta(There is currently no beta, so it's not worth choosing this until a beta is actually available)

In the 2nd Last drop down menu chose Install or Update

Press Execute

Wait until it says Press Enter

Congratulations, you now know how to use the Updater.

Go to your ArmA II ROOT directory, there should be a Play ArmA II with... Shortcut, copy that to your desktop, and use it to play ACE2.

When you update:

Run program

Click main

Click execute

Updates are released on Mon, Wed, and Fri, at 1:00 PM EST or 1800 GMT

Edited by JDMT

I cant seem to get The chemlights to work or the rocket cam thing. It launches from the 203 but doesn't pop and the monitor doesn't detect a signal.

I have tried them on the seal team 6 campaign and road to freedom single mission is there a key needed to activate the camera

I cant seem to get The chemlights to work or the rocket cam thing. It launches from the 203 but doesn't pop and the monitor doesn't detect a signal.

I have tried them on the seal team 6 campaign and road to freedom single mission is there a key needed to activate the camera

You have to wait for the HuntIR's parachute to deploy, and look at it when you turn on the monitor.

What problem are you having with Chemlights?

Created an feature reguest in deavhean abaout CQB Sight.

As you can see with screenshots this Optic is already comes with ace but ACEX overrides it With an new redchevroned model and which doesnt have backup sight like this .

Reguest is, keep this Optic in game with ACEX.with the new one in CQb mode your sight blocks by that redchevrone and its useless the old one makes CQB sight option really usable and effective,it think.

The old,removed by ACEX and reguested OPtic in CQb mode;

arma22009122419234617.th.jpgarma22009122419354366.th.jpg

The new one in CQB mode,

withacex1.th.jpgwithacex2.th.jpg

Ä°f you think same way Please vote in devheaven.

Edited by snakedoctor34

Created an feature reguest in deavhean abaout CQB Sight.

As you can see with screenshots this Optic is already comes with ace but ACEX overrides it With an new redchevroned model and which doesnt have backup sight like this .

Reguest is, keep this Optic in game with ACEX.with the new one in CQb mode your sight blocks by that redchevrone and its useless the old one makes CQB sight option really usable and effective,it think.

The old,removed by ACEX and reguested OPtic in CQb mode;

The new one in CQB mode,

Ä°f you think same way Please vote in devheaven.

Personally, I prefer the current one, I don't mind having the back up sights, but I would rather have the red stripe on top.

Ä° think if both of them would be kept in game will be much better.Ä°n real (as i learned) the regusted one changed with the new one in usmc,but in real, the redchevroned one auto adjusts brightness,and can be used both eyes open etc. but these feautures are not working in game.and that backup sight makes huge gameplay diffrence, i think.

Can an ACE developer or anyone answer this question for me. Is it possible to back rucksacks from the briefing screen? I've added them to the description text, but no one can pack then until they are in game. Any help would be great.

Could you tell me which ACE version you use ?

Did you have a HuntIR monitor and HuntIR grenades ?

Took a quick look into the seal team 6 campaign thread and as far as I can see it doesn't support ACE yet.

And to all others, has anybody still problems with HuntIR, means it doesn't work at all sometimes ? As I think I've fixed the problem with the not connecting HuntIR monitor one or two releases ago. Ty.

Xeno

Snake doctor. Those are two different ACOG models my friend, with the Trijicon bottom one being the most authentic to real life.

Could you tell me which ACE version you use ?

Did you have a HuntIR monitor and HuntIR grenades ?

Took a quick look into the seal team 6 campaign thread and as far as I can see it doesn't support ACE yet.

And to all others, has anybody still problems with HuntIR, means it doesn't work at all sometimes ? As I think I've fixed the problem with the not connecting HuntIR monitor one or two releases ago. Ty.

Xeno

the parachute does not deploy like in the ACE youtube video, because i checked the video after getting problems and its the seal team campaign 3 that has ACE support

Happy Birthday Sickboy!

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

For those wanting to disable group-markers globally, you can do so in:

Userconfig\ACE\ACE_Tracking.hpp

tried this, but still there are markers? How do I disable markers?

// Comment to Disable Group Markers or set to 1 to enable group markers

//MarkersEnabled = 0;

Hey can anyone help me here? i dunno where else to go but im trying to join a server (just got ACE to work after 3 grueling hours T_T) and when i join i keep getting a box that says "Could not open BMP.P3D" and then i click continue, and it goes into the game, but then it crashes...any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nvm....found the search function ^^

and found the reason...thx for all those people that allready answered this

Edited by ArtixViper
Fixed

This mod is so good that I don't feel the pain of wasting 60$ on operation flashpoint dragon risisng anymore, wish that could have gone to the ACE team for their incredible work:D

You need to update, that bug was fixed in the last version.

Umm hate to say it but I have just reinstalled ACE 2 with the six updater - have the latest version and guess what? I have the same problem, no Venom in the editor and only an empty one available which comes up with BMP error, so I guess it hasnt been fixed unless there is something im missing...

Really jingle? well i hope this doesnt happen to me...im using the DL link on the six updater from operation reality...hopefully it works..if not then its probably a problem with the 1.05 patch...or they need another ACE update real quick

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well...updated...still had the same problem...could not open BMP.P3D.....OH! and i found a new one....^^

i have 2 copies of ACE2....one i did manually when i couldnt get sixupdater to work...and one with six updater (the one i got to work earlier)....so i took the one that i did manually out, and loaded up arma...it just reverted to regular old arma with no ACE in it...so i put it back in and loaded it up again....well ACE loaded but the BMP problem came up...so as you can probably see...im in a bit of a rut here......im stuck with an updated version of ACE and an old version of ACE....and the new one doesnt wanna run no matter what...OH! and when i load up without the manually installed one..it says acex_c_men_usarmy.pbo requires addon ace_c_gear.....which i have BOTH...help please? XD

Edited by ArtixViper

Thanks all for the birthday wishes :)

Umm hate to say it but I have just reinstalled ACE 2 with the six updater - have the latest version and guess what? I have the same problem, no Venom in the editor and only an empty one available which comes up with BMP error, so I guess it hasnt been fixed unless there is something im missing...

Reset your skip status and let the updater verify your files;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1524146&highlight=reset+skip+status#post1524146

Might first want to double check your virtualstore: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806 And make sure you always run the software as administrator.

Otherwise, make sure you dont have any other addons loaded, as you might simply have a conflict.

If still problems, please setup a ticket on our issue tracker, attach your arma.rpt etc. etc.

Edited by Sickboy