Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

He means using the updater, if you don't want to do that there should be a shortcut in your arma 2 folder if you used the updater to install with or you can make a special shortcut like for all other mods, if you need help with that, send me a pm and I'll shoot you back a detailed description.

Crap... I clicked 1... Can I fix it somehow :|...
There is nothing to "fix". Simply run launcher action 21 or 23, to start the game.

Any other means of starting the game is up to you.

sickboy is there a easier way to keep our Clan server up-to-date instead of Copying it over all time to server which takes around 6hours for an update since have to copy everything over all time

Crap... I clicked 1... Can I fix it somehow :|...

just close the updater, make sure to ctrl+c the dos windows and then run it again

sickboy is there a easier way to keep our Clan server up-to-date instead of Copying it over all time to server which takes around 6hours for an update since have to copy everything over all time
Well sorry for being bold but if you have to copy everything every time, you either are doing something wrong, or you have an extremely crappy hosting provider.

Extremely sorry but it falls out of the scope of my support and it is up to you to deal with it. (There's a great many, supportive, people around here though, so maybe they are able to assist).

can somebody pass me a link on how i get the torch to work thanks again

default should be L

There is nothing to "fix". Simply run launcher action 21 or 23, to start the game.

Any other means of starting the game is up to you.

So even though I used OPTION 1 in the DOS BOX I can just launch the game after it finishes installing using OPTION 23? That sounds easy if so, thanks :yay:.

PS - It takes a butt-load of time to update :|... About 2/3's through I think.

So even though I used OPTION 1 in the DOS BOX I can just launch the game after it finishes installing using OPTION 23? That sounds easy if so, thanks :yay:.

Yes..

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

also like I said, the updater makes a shortcut in the arma 2 folder, just drag to desktop and no need to start the updater unless you want to update the mod to the latest version

talking about the torce i was coming on here to ask why the AI do not react to it is not coded in to the AI to react to a light.

eg

i was sneeking up on enemy when i was about 5M behind (he was face left so side on to me) i flicked the torce on the get him to turn he just stood there?.

is it poss for them to react to a unknown light source? or is it a limit in the engine.

btw this keeps getting better and better i love walking around with them light sticks and allso placing loads near each other to get cool colour effects.

lol with the chem lights it won't be long before the disco videos on you tube are upgraded to full on raves.

hahahahahaha i can see it now music playing peeps holding these light sticks bopping away nice hehe

I can't say for sure, I don't know how the code works, but maybe custom light sources of that nature are just invisible to the AI. Much like street lamps.

I can't say for sure, I don't know how the code works, but maybe custom light sources of that nature are just invisible to the AI. Much like street lamps.

Maybe the AI is so intelligent that it recognized you were trying to get it to turn around so knowing that the gig was up for that particular soldier it ignored you while hand-signaling a flank on you to it's buddies... As you pondered the nature of the ARMA code several professional terrorist snipers and marksman began to draw beads on you, ready, waiting to fire... :p

It's been on the community issue tracker for a while now: lights do not affect AI vision. So it's not surprising that they don't react to torches. Hopefully BIS will fix it some time.

EDIT: AFAIK, OA has flashlights, so I'm assuming (hoping) that this bug will be fixed by then.

Sorry if I've missed this - I can only seem to order a "target that..." command by switching to manual fire, targetting manually, switching off manual fire, then issuing the fire command. Is this a feature?

Thanks again to the A.C.E. 2 team for a fantastic mod!

Has anyone played around with the wound system? It works great for me, as the player, if I equip the morphine, bandages, etc and walk up to a wounded team mate, press the right windows button and proceed through the steps. Unfortunately if I try to order my ACE SF medic, with all needed medical equipment, to heal the very same player nothing happens. The medic just walks over to him, his icon says "Heal" or sometimes "Action" and after about a minute he says negative.

I made a quick example mission with just 4-man SF team and 2 are wounded. The medic is equipped and so am I as team leader. I am only using the AE wound system module, not the BIS FA modules.

I just want to make sure I'm not setting it up wrong before I post a bug report.

Sample mission, try it and see if I've set this up wrong:

http://www.filefront.com/15103123/@ACE_Med_Test.Chernarus.pbo

Edited by Manzilla

You could senkronise your FTp client with server.Filezillas directory comparison for modified date was works.

uptade your computer,then compare @ACE>addons folders computer to Sever.

The uptaded pbos in your coputer will have differenet colors.Then upload only that pbos.

Every time I try to start it I get an error...

Starting the game with -noSPLASH -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

WARNING: Something went wrong starting the app: beta/arma2.exe

Every time I try to start it I get an error...

Starting the game with -noSPLASH -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

WARNING: Something went wrong starting the app: beta/arma2.exe

Install the Official ArmA 2 Beta Patch, or instead Use the Vanilla preset, Or get the vanilla six-updater.yml from Lazy method

got a little bug:

if you wear a gasmask, it overlays the weapon/fire mode indicator. so you can only guess if you shoot semi, full...or got a grenade selected.