Sign in to follow this  
thasundancekid

I want to support BI even more

You have made a superb game with ARMA2, and i have played it since release!

I dont want to play jesus or anything, i just want to show my appreciation for this sort of game studios that BI are! I would love to support you with more money becouse i think you deserve it and i want to keep you alive!

I think you shuld make signatures for the forum like a receipt that players support you 100%

It might be a corny idea but i cant stand the thaught that BI dont make enough money and have to shut down...

What do you think?

:confused:

If you want to support, buy more copies of the game, Give them to your friends, mum, dog, anyone.

I support BIS by telling all friends which play onlinegames that this is the best game with greatest atmosphere and never ending possibilities.... Ca. 30 people bought the game just because i talked about it... and they still enjoy it... Writing News and doing free advertisement is also a good thing to support the developers... ;)

Regards Culti

Edited by Cultivator

If you want to support, buy more copies of the game, Give them to your friends, mum, dog, anyone.

Or just put some money into a mail to prag^^

Supporting BI too!

Where did you get that BI is closing down?????

He's not saying that BI is closing down, he's saying that the wants to prevent that they must close down. :)

And yeah you still can send them money directly if you have too much of it (but I don't midn if send it my way either). :p

Useless buying copies of ArmA2 alone, it will go to their publishers instead :mad:.

Put a donate to BI thing up :P

A guy from the cable company came over to hook up my VOIP phone thing. I had arma2 editor up and just launched into a test of a mission. (I have a 25" HDMI monitor) he saw it running on that puppy and freaked out. Part of the mission was firing artillery. Ran home, and bought a copy and emails me constantly about what a "find". He's still working through the campaign and is blown away. So he told two other guys. They are now buying it. Just by looking at my monitor and me showing the arty script. :)

Sure i can buy more copies or send them coffie money, but i was more in to starting a donate to the guys! I mean, the support they give us, the beta patches, and the mod-support and tools! It just have to be the best ever in the gameworld...

Luhgnut;1502037']A guy from the cable company came over to hook up my VOIP phone thing. I had arma2 editor up and just launched into a test of a mission. (I have a 25" HDMI monitor) he saw it running on that puppy and freaked out. Part of the mission was firing artillery. Ran home' date=' and bought a copy and emails me constantly about what a "find". He's still working through the campaign and is blown away. So he told two other guys. They are now buying it. Just by looking at my monitor and me showing the arty script. :)[/quote']

Lol thats great! :D:eek:

Sure i can buy more copies or send them coffie money, but i was more in to starting a donate to the guys! I mean, the support they give us, the beta patches, and the mod-support and tools! It just have to be the best ever in the gameworld...

I could handle donating money as long as it dosnt become the norm and similar to a paid DLC bullshit scenario. Want patches?? Pay up! Like it is on consoles.

Next time im Prague Ill buy them a round of Becherovka!

Want patches?? Pay up!

I kinda like the whole community spirit going on here, lets not go too far.

I think it all comes down to getting ArmA 2 out there. Nothing beats an ad like someones opinion you trust or viewing the game first hand.

And it is one of those games where you only need to show someone an arty script or an A-10 doing a fly by with volume up high to convert someone and make them persist till they stop dying every time they move. :D

Edited by Grub
cant spell

Talking to friends and game shops is my thing. It has generated way more sales than i could have baught myself. :)

So get people interested in the game. That will support BIS.

I think BIS is not experiencing financial problems right now, and i don't think they will do it on future years, just take a look here: pro.bistudio.com , they have made a big evolution, not being only a gaming company but evolutioning onto other areas like 3d scanning, Motion capture, sound recording, military sims, etc...

It's good to see how an small company born in 1999 has grown and specialized onto other areas (for example, they had work with Weta digital, the guys who made specialfx on lor of the rings trilogy).

So, support this company by spreading their games and put your money on the bank :P

I don't think we've heard anything about how they're doing since arma2 came out? ie how many copies sold or finances or similar. But in general, no news is good news -- if BIS isn't doing well they certainly should say so.

... just take a look here: pro.bistudio.com ...

Whoa. Take a look at the section on Linda, then at the gallery. There are a few screens marked as "Linda CG Plants - rendered in real-time - Carrier Command game". Looking pretty sweet. :bounce3:

Anyway, so far I've supported BIS by buying three copies of the game (first the german, then the english version for myself, then one copy for a friend who couldn't afford it) and encouraging some of my friends to buy it too. Is it true that purchasing the game on Steam would be better for BIS than buying a retail copy?

Useless buying copies of ArmA2 alone, it will go to their publishers instead :mad:.

Put a donate to BI thing up :P

Buy them from Sprocket, much better share goes to the developer ;)

Whoa. Take a look at the section on Linda, then at the gallery. There are a few screens marked as "Linda CG Plants - rendered in real-time - Carrier Command game". Looking pretty sweet. :bounce3:

Anyway, so far I've supported BIS by buying three copies of the game (first the german, then the english version for myself, then one copy for a friend who couldn't afford it) and encouraging some of my friends to buy it too. Is it true that purchasing the game on Steam would be better for BIS than buying a retail copy?

The Carrier Command plants are the same as ArmA 2

The Carrier Command plants are the same as ArmA 2

I'm not talking specifically about the plants, but the general look and feel in the screenshots. The lighting looks softer and somehow more natural even than in Arma2. Maybe it's just a subjective thing. As for the plants, I'm pretty sure those trees in the second Carrier Command picture are new. The foliage in CC seems to be more green overall, compared to the yellowish "autumn" atmosphere in Arma2.

In any case, it looks like another BIS game I'll be checking out when the time comes. ;)

Buy them from Sprocket, much better share goes to the developer ;)

Many thanks to all for your enthusiasm and for the kind words written. You don't have to be afraid of Bohemia Interactive nearest future fortunately as we consider ARMA 2 to be a succesfull game.

However, if you really want to support us by extra money, we won't refuse! Just buy another copy on Sprocket e-shop which is the most direct support to us. Thanks in advance!

;)

Nice to see this kinda thread, good positive stuff :)

Also, as a player getting your friends round to check out a game your playing seems to be a sure fire why of getting this game the credit it deserves :)

Two friends of mine recently got 'there ArmA cherries popped' which is great, since it means our co-ops can get bigger :)

Edited by Mark XIII
sPelLig

I would have bought from sprocket if it was available the same time as the german version.... but alas...

Many thanks to all for your enthusiasm and for the kind words written. You don't have to be afraid of Bohemia Interactive nearest future fortunately as we consider ARMA 2 to be a succesfull game.

However, if you really want to support us by extra money, we won't refuse! Just buy another copy on Sprocket e-shop which is the most direct support to us. Thanks in advance!

;)

Nice! ill buy a copy to my friend right away!

Thanks for everything you do!

:sun:

This is why I love Bohemia! Name me one forum on this internet that has a topic anything near as friendly, mature, and kind as this.

Despite what some people think about us being "elitists", or the mods being "nazis", this community is truly one of the best i have ever seen.

This is why I love Bohemia! Name me one forum on this internet that has a topic anything near as friendly, mature, and kind as this.

Despite what some people think about us being "elitists", or the mods being "nazis", this community is truly one of the best i have ever seen.

Totally. I think the elitist thing comes from the fact that its not as simple to pick up as learning the buttons and the fact that no community is so involved and knowledgeable. I would be daunting for some people, even though a lack of acceptance is a rarity.

As far as Nazi mods go, their just cutting down on the BS and all the pointless threads that encourage pointless rants which occur a lot on "other" forums. And most of the threads closed are closed because the question was asked six months ago.

If the world was more like the BI community it would be a great place, of course the economy would crash as everyone would be at home gaming or modding, but it would be a great place all the same.